Author Topic: Is it just me or are there just a few of us posting anymore?  (Read 2512 times)

Dark Fact

Is it just me or are there just a few of us posting anymore?
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2006, 04:17:42 PM »
This will come as a shock:

I've never played Ys: Books I & II for the Turbo Duo.  Yup, you've heard me.

I only know about this game from reading a ton of articles about it, listening to mp3s and looking at all the pretty pictures.

Now, for the record, I DID play both Ys games...but only their Famicom versions.

I expect to get around to playing Ys I & II on Magicengine sometime down the road (when I'm not busy with university!)

One more thing, I also own the Ys I & II anime OAV's that Media Blasters licensed a couple years back.  The first OAV is pretty mediocre but the second one really picked up the pace and made it more interesting.  Although, I don't like the fact that they made Dark Fact in the anime look more human instead of gamilon!  :x  True blue, baby!  8)

You also mention Dalles.  Funny, in the anime they call him Dares. :P  He also looks like a shrunken prune-faced old man than the oversized jawa in the game.  :P

But, thanks again for the welcome and I hope we'll all get around to making this board more lively again.  :)

Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

Keranu

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2006, 05:01:48 PM »
Haha, I thought you would be the kind of guy who has played through tons of different versions of Ys :D . If the Famicom versions are the only versions you have played, you won't believe how awesome the other versions are.

In my opinion (along with many others), the TGCD version is the best by a pretty good shot. Other versions like Eternal are great too, but the one that makes me like the TGCD version the most is because the music is by far the best than any other version, I think this is the only version that actually has voice acting and the voice acting in it is outstanding (you will melt when you hear the villian's voice actors in this game), has both games on one CD, excellent old-skool CD cinemas (plus a bonus one not shown before), a nice treat for the ending credits, excellent English translation, and of course, to me it had the best atmosphere, plus it plays at a nice paste (the ones before it could be quite slow, which might turn a casual gamer off).

I hope you are able to play the TGCD version soon.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

TR0N

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2006, 09:24:47 PM »
Quote from: "Dark Fact"
This will come as a shock:

I've never played Ys: Books I & II for the Turbo Duo.  Yup, you've heard me.

I only know about this game from reading a ton of articles about it, listening to mp3s and looking at all the pretty pictures.

Now, for the record, I DID play both Ys games...but only their Famicom versions.

I expect to get around to playing Ys I & II on Magicengine sometime down the road (when I'm not busy with university!)

One more thing, I also own the Ys I & II anime OAV's that Media Blasters licensed a couple years back.  The first OAV is pretty mediocre but the second one really picked up the pace and made it more interesting.  Although, I don't like the fact that they made Dark Fact in the anime look more human instead of gamilon!  :x  True blue, baby!  8)

You also mention Dalles.  Funny, in the anime they call him Dares. :P  He also looks like a shrunken prune-faced old man than the oversized jawa in the game.  :P

But, thanks again for the welcome and I hope we'll all get around to making this board more lively again.  :)

Another Ys fan joins the site.

Btw if you enjoy the serise that much you should consider importing, Ys:The Oath in Felghana.

It's for the pc and nightwolves is doing a fan translatetion for it.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Dark Fact

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2006, 04:07:41 AM »
Quote from: "Keranu"
In my opinion (along with many others), the TGCD version is the best by a pretty good shot. Other versions like Eternal are great too, but the one that makes me like the TGCD version the most is because the music is by far the best than any other version, I think this is the only version that actually has voice acting and the voice acting in it is outstanding (you will melt when you hear the villian's voice actors in this game), has both games on one CD, excellent old-skool CD cinemas (plus a bonus one not shown before), a nice treat for the ending credits, excellent English translation, and of course, to me it had the best atmosphere, plus it plays at a nice paste (the ones before it could be quite slow, which might turn a casual gamer off).

I really, really want to play the TGCD version so bad it hurts! :x

And for the record, you say that the TGCD version is the best.  Did you also happen to look and try out the PC remake of the game? The PC version is just stunningly beautiful.  Heck, Adol's meeting with Dark Fact is my sig picture from that version!  :)

Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

TR0N

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2006, 09:08:40 PM »
Quote from: "Keranu"

And for the record, you say that the TGCD version is the best.  Did you also happen to look and try out the PC remake of the game? The PC version is just stunningly beautiful.  Heck, Adol's meeting with Dark Fact is my sig picture from that version!  :)

To bad i can't find a copy of the... pc version any more :cry:

I miss my chance to buy it, still i might a get burn of it from a friend.

Only problem is i need to put a dvd player in frist :oops:

Dark Fact

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2006, 01:19:34 AM »
Also just wondering, is the latest PC version of Ys strictly for PC or did it also get a PS2 release?

pixeljunkie

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2006, 07:56:27 AM »
Also just wondering, is the latest PC version of Ys strictly for PC or did it also get a PS2 release?

Oath in Felghana is PC only. And INCREDIBLE. I have Ys 1 remake, and Ys 1 and 2 eternal, and OIF. Oath in Felghana can be played with no Japanese knowledge pretty easily.

Keranu

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2006, 07:58:44 AM »

I've played through all of Ys I from the Ys Eternal Complete PC remake, and some of Ys II. It's a pretty nice remake, the graphics being my favorite part about it, but there are a few reasons why I don't like it as much as the TGCD version or even maybe some other versions, though it's still a favorite. The main reason being is because the music is just no where near as good :) . It's still decent and all, but it's just too "soft" for an Ys game now, I gotta go 80's style and bust on the TGCD ;) . Eternal also doesn't offer any voice acting and as far as voice acting went, the American TGCD version had outstanding voice actors. The gameplay in Eternal is really cool though, though you could say it lost the classic touch from the originals, so that's a debatable subject, I am really cool with either version's game play. I myself also prefer the original graphic style with the cinemas, face portraits, and even the gameplay. And lastly, I get nostalgia for the TGCD version :D .

Ys Eternal Complete is an excellent remake, but for the reasons I gave for a person like me, I just gotta prefer the TGCD version.  8)
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2006, 10:57:24 AM »
Where do y'all get Oath in Felghana at? Is it a downloadable or a copy you actually have to buy?

GUTS

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2006, 01:11:09 PM »
There was a torrent for an ISO of it up a few months ago, that's where I snagged it, it might still be active.  I know some people like zigfried actually bought a real one since it came with some awesome bonus materials (like the whole Ys series on disc or something).

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2006, 01:14:40 PM »
OK I found a torrent on torrentspy, but it would take a week to download  :?

TR0N

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2006, 05:03:35 PM »
Quote from: "Ninja Spirit"
Where do y'all get Oath in Felghana at? Is it a downloadable or a copy you actually have to buy?

http://www.play-asia.com
http://www.himeyashop.com

Dark Fact

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2006, 02:40:26 AM »
Where exactly does Oath of Felghana take place in the Ys timeline? I hear it's supposed to be after Wanderers from Ys but before what other game?  :?:

TR0N

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2006, 05:35:28 PM »
Where exactly does Oath of Felghana take place in the Ys timeline? I hear it's supposed to be after Wanderers from Ys but before what other game?  :?:

It's a remake of, Ys III a different take then what, Taito did for the PS2 version.

Dark Fact

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2006, 03:44:04 PM »
But does it still take place before Ys IV or after or what? :?