Author Topic: If you could experience any game all over again for the first time?  (Read 1313 times)

KingDrool

Re: If you could experience any game all over again for the first time?
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2012, 07:39:10 AM »
Popping in Gate of Thunder for the first time was mindblowing for me. I couldn't believe the audio, and the amount of action on the screen; especially in that first level when you go under that giant ship.

Ys I&II was experienced on that same day (I received the Duo as a Christmas present, when it had that awesome pack-in deal), and the opening intro to that was equally impressive.  Best Christmas ever!
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

lord_cack

« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2012, 09:38:09 AM »
Popping in Gate of Thunder for the first time was mindblowing for me. I couldn't believe the audio, and the amount of action on the screen; especially in that first level when you go under that giant ship.

Ys I&II was experienced on that same day (I received the Duo as a Christmas present, when it had that awesome pack-in deal), and the opening intro to that was equally impressive.  Best Christmas ever!

This was the exact same post I would have put. Only I would have added:

"Ys I&II was experienced on that same day (I received the Duo as a Christmas present, when it had that awesome pack-in deal), and the opening intro to that was equally impressive what with that:

"Ys, an ideal utopia...."

I would have added that.....
A dark tide will rise and she will walk again. He is coming.....

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2012, 05:12:23 PM »
For some reason Samurai Ghost seemed to be this one buy that was really special to me as a teen. At the time I had not really played anything like it. Out of all the US titles released, it felt the most "Asian" I guess you could say and it really had its own atmosphere.

esteban

« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2012, 02:58:04 AM »
After reading this praise for the music, I HAVE TO ASK YOU...is there a way for me (sans-PSP) to hear the music from Chronicles? Like, say, mp3's that a comrade has ripped for us?

I can dream .

Sure thing.  I'll upload and send ya a link tomorrow.

Thank you so much! I have been busy the past few days (and I haven't checked my PM's yet), but if I am not completely exhausted tonight, I will be listening to Ys Chronicles :)

|    | 

Firebomber7

« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2012, 08:23:07 AM »
The top for me is Lunar: The Silver Star (Sega CD).

Others are Super Mario Bros/DH, Golden Axe, Mega Man 2, Sonic the Hedgehog, Zelda: A Link to the Past, Metroid, Ys I&II, Bonk's Adventure, Life Force/Salamander, Super Mario World, Super Mario Bros. 3, Civilization, Sim City 2000, Dragon Force, Parodius Da!, F-Zero, Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Trigger, so many more...

turboswimbz

« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2012, 02:53:36 PM »

Others are Super Mario Bros/DH, Golden Axe, Mega Man 2, Sonic the Hedgehog, Zelda: A Link to the Past, Metroid, Ys I&II, Bonk's Adventure, Life Force/Salamander, Super Mario World, Super Mario Bros. 3, Civilization, Sim City 2000, Dragon Force, Parodius Da!, F-Zero, Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Trigger, so many more...

Hmmm. neat list. I had forgot about a few of these.  I'd love to play some of these over again, so i think I might.  I still want to play Chrono for the first time (hear great things)

Best part of this whole thread has been making a list of games I need to try!
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

tpivette

« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2012, 04:12:54 PM »

Hmmm. neat list. I had forgot about a few of these.  I'd love to play some of these over again, so i think I might.  I still want to play Chrono for the first time (hear great things)

Best part of this whole thread has been making a list of games I need to try!
Wow... you've never played Chrono Trigger?! I remember playing this one alot on the SNES when I was a kid. Now, its super affordable, either on the PSX or the DS.
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

turboswimbz

« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2012, 04:19:41 PM »
Yeah, we didn't have a lot of money growing up... so I only got a few games a year.  I never knew this game existed till about a year ago. I really only have had time and cash to get back into games recently. 

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

tpivette

« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2012, 04:21:40 PM »
We rented alot of games back then... usually could beat them in a weekend or so
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

turboswimbz

« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2012, 04:30:15 PM »
We did a little, renting was also somewhat of a treat.  Our local stores really sucked I guess. I don't remember seeing this one.  To be honest though I don't remember exactly which games I played. There were quite a few snes games I played this way.

Edit:
 also thinking about it Rentals went out of business too toward the end of the SNES start of the 64 Life here.  And I was told the PS was too expensive.  I think my age really worked against me as well.  born 87 -> I was just a little to young to be able to really into the early 90's games, which would have hooked me, and the late 90's didn't seem to shine to me as far as gaming goes. How i wish now that I would have picked up some of the lesser known titles of the day instead of being sucked into goldeneye, poke'mon, Tomb Raider ect.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 03:43:37 AM by turboswimbz »

Firebomber7

« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2012, 03:15:19 AM »
Super Mario Galaxy was actually really cool the first time I experienced it.