Author Topic: Complete Magical Chase for Sale on E-bay!!!  (Read 2377 times)

tggodfrey

Re: Complete Magical Chase for Sale on E-bay!!!
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2012, 05:38:25 AM »
wonder how long canada will sit on it before he puts it back up on ebay for 3800.00 buy it now
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

MotherGunner

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2012, 08:59:27 AM »
This is even more of a reason why we need some quality repro HuCards of Magical Chase.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

vestcoat

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2012, 09:25:48 AM »
This is even more of a reason why we need some quality repro HuCards of Magical Chase.
Between roms and flash cards and two different PCE releases and Sparky's inserts and Sparky's labels, there are PLENTY of Magical Chase options for people without a thousand dollars. I've got a region switch on my Duo and I have my PCE MC on the shelf with a Sparky insert and label and it looks great. The last thing we need are indistinguishable repros like the AES or more Sapphire-esque validity FAQ's.   

DarkKobold

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2012, 09:50:24 AM »

I've thought about this. The problem is making the plastic for the hucard, getting thin PCBs, getting the proper rom chip, burning a rom on to a SOP chip. It is... expensive and time consuming.

As far as legitimacy, I'd photochop the image so the witch is facing the opposite direction. Obvious from a quick examination, but not obvious enough to look illegitimate.
Hey, you.

SMF

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2012, 09:52:22 AM »
Just make the Repro Magical Chase Hueys a different color other then white and black. Maybe pink and green.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

DarkKobold

« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2012, 10:59:07 AM »
Well I'm just glad I finally have a copy and for quite a bit less than my $4000 max bid.

LOL, way to "self-gouge."
Hey, you.

TheClash603

« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2012, 12:00:09 PM »
I think that the MC sale makes the other high profile game sold today a bargain.

Dynastic Hero went for EUR 400 = $500.

Flare65

« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2012, 02:00:37 PM »
How I play Magical Chase:

Jibbajaba

« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2012, 02:03:22 PM »
Between roms and flash cards and two different PCE releases and Sparky's inserts and Sparky's labels, there are PLENTY of Magical Chase options for people without a thousand dollars. I've got a region switch on my Duo and I have my PCE MC on the shelf with a Sparky insert and label and it looks great. The last thing we need are indistinguishable repros like the AES or more Sapphire-esque validity FAQ's.   

I agree.  With the way that TG16 prices keep rising, we should hope that we don't turn into the NeoGeo community.  You can't hardly buy an AES game with any confidence of its authenticity unless the seller bought the game new back in the day.

Someone figuring out how to make quality reproductions of TG16 games would be a bad thing.  Just use a flash cart or buy the PCE version.

Chris

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2012, 02:25:58 PM »

I agree.  With the way that TG16 prices keep rising, we should hope that we don't turn into the NeoGeo community.  You can't hardly buy an AES game with any confidence of its authenticity unless the seller bought the game new back in the day.

Someone figuring out how to make quality reproductions of TG16 games would be a bad thing.  Just use a flash cart or buy the PCE version.

Chris
Why would it be a bad thing? Seriously? Unless you plan to make money off buying TG16 games flooding the market with cheap repros would most definitely kill the gouger market. Hell it wasn't too long ago that most of these "rare" games were sitting in a bargain bin and could be had literally for pennies on the dollar.

Emerald Rocker

« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2012, 02:35:03 PM »
This makes me wish I hadn't stepped on my Magical Chase.
Official member of the PCEFX 4K Post Club

TheOldMan

« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2012, 03:08:08 PM »
Why would it be a bad thing? Seriously? Unless you plan to make money off buying TG16 games flooding the market with cheap repros would most definitely kill the gouger market.....
Are you sure about that? I can see people buying the cheap repros, and e-baying them as if they were legit.
The sellers would be willing to sell for less, and anyone not knowing what to look for would buy them, thinking they got a good deal. Then, once they found out they were bootlegs, trying the same ploy. The kind of people who would buy MC at the current prices aren't going to take a loss on their purchase.

Meanwhile, the folks with -real- MC cards would be upping the price, and saying things like "-NOT A BOOTLEG-"
End result would be the bootlegs go for what real MC cards go for now (okay, maybe a little less), while real MC cards go even higher. Entirely because Magical Chase is perceived as 'rare'.

Never underestimate the gullabiity of people.

Black Tiger

« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2012, 03:15:02 PM »
For all we know, most of the copies of Magical Chase being sold are already bootlegs.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

SignOfZeta

« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2012, 03:18:42 PM »

If you think this is going to save total fools from themselves, you're wrong.

The sane will play the game off flash cards, the insane will pay thousands for it. If the price somehow dropped to $10 the same morons who are paying $3000 for it now will just find some other piece of plastic to worship.

This isn't about supply and demand, it's about spiritually empty people seeking to fill a whole in their empty lives.

vestcoat

« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2012, 03:52:52 PM »
End result would be the bootlegs go for what real MC cards go for now (okay, maybe a little less), while real MC cards go even higher. Entirely because Magical Chase is perceived as 'rare'.

Never underestimate the gullabiity of people.
+1. Products and publicity go hand-in-hand and giving addicts a taste of something increases their desire for the real thing. Five years ago everyone was saying "oh sweet - the Virtual Console will help bring prices down." Nope. It just advertised the TG16 to a new generation and increased demand for our already scarce system. Sure enough, some idiot bid $400 for my sealed copy of Military Madness this Spring because he'd played it on Virtual Console and, even though he had nothing to compare it to, bought the hype that "emulation isn't like the real thing." So he went and bought seventy TG games in two months without knowing what they were worth and won my $50 auction with a max bid of $400.