Author Topic: Finally got Turbo ED!!!  (Read 244 times)

wilykat

Finally got Turbo ED!!!
« on: September 07, 2012, 11:11:24 AM »
A while ago Stone Age Gamer offered a limited time order for TurboED and I jumped on it within 1 minute of it becoming available (and spent 25 minutes cursing at the broken checkout, the payment server was choking on PayPal payment for some reason) I got the payment in.

Today the card arrived.  I had the micro SD card ready before the card arrived and I got the card plugged in and running before the shipping box I tossed had landed on the floor.  :D

Refresher: the ED card will not play Populous or either of the Arcade card due to extra RAM not available.

PS as the ED has region switch installed, it seems redundant to have 2 region switches on a single console. My TG-16 has switch as well.  I'll probably have the card plugged into my eventual portable PCE hack so I won't have to hack 8 data lines and try to dig up a hard to find mini 8PDT switch or wire up IC method with way-too-many tiny SMD contacts.

ProfessorProfessorson

Re: Finally got Turbo ED!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 05:12:43 PM »
That would kinda suck a tad having to juggle multiple region switches.

turbokon

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 05:20:48 PM »
Hey, got mine today too:)
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

Bloody Wolf

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 01:52:03 PM »
Dang I need one of these

Joe Redifer

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 02:04:43 PM »
I was able to run Populous just fine.  It even saves to the back-up RAM of the CD unit.  So it looks like the battery on the card itself isn't really needed unless it was used for something else.