Author Topic: popped in a brand new game  (Read 370 times)

turboswimbz

popped in a brand new game
« on: September 14, 2012, 11:19:42 AM »
Just wanted to share with the everyone, my recent experience.  I Got a brand new Hit the Ice, never been played game in the mail today, It was epic.  There I was unwrapping, pulled the cart out, Hand thrust into the Air.  I walked over to the console, stared down the Hu-card slot, slowly and carefully slid in the game. CLICK! oh man my heart was pumping, fingers sliding over the on button. AWESOME CHIP TUNE SOUNDS! the room filled with turbo grafx graphics color, The first to ever set eyes on this particular game running, and the first turbo game brand new I've ever had.  At this point after I recovered, I enjoyed the most perfect game of 2 on 2 hockey any man could have.  

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

what an experience.  Anyone else have a great experience with a never been played before game?,
off to get me a beer.  
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 11:34:55 AM by turboswimbz »
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

Bernie

Re: popped in a brand new game
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 11:51:51 AM »
Yep, with Tale Spin!  And after about 5 minutes, that feeling wore off.......lol

turboswimbz

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 11:56:32 AM »
Yep, with Tale Spin!  And after about 5 minutes, that feeling wore off.......lol

Lol.  I have heard that one will drive you crazy with the controls. for a sports turbo, Hit the Ice is not too bad.  Good to see ya round the boards again! 

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

Bernie

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 11:58:51 AM »
Yep, I am not a big fan of sports titles, however I did watch my step-son play this.  It looks really unique and fun.  I think he just liked hitting people tho.... 

420GOAT

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 12:29:37 PM »
man, its been a while since i bought anything "new" for myself.
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the f*cking car.

thesteve

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 12:44:47 PM »
last new here was in 2001 i bought a new car.............not long after left wife and insisted she keep it.
realized quickly that new wasnt better than older

turboswimbz

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 12:57:31 PM »
Good point, new isn't always better, hence why I love the NEC consoles.  I have never had a new car... but I love my used 2001 Subaru Forester.

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2012, 02:17:42 PM »
I have gotten a few new titles in the past year or so. I managed to get a boxed never been opened Dragon's Spirit for $15 and got a brand new Panic Bomberman (from hit japan, that guy rules when it comes to talking him down on prices) for about the same price. Needless to say, you can get brand new turbo/pce games for decent prices if you are patient enough.

turboswimbz

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2012, 03:59:21 PM »
yeah, This one only cost me $20.  I'm hoping to get more PCE stuff so hopefully there will be more coming my way. 

Damon Plus

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2012, 02:40:46 AM »
I have a Splatterhouse I want to open for this Halloween. Beat that!

I also have some other shrinkwrapped games (Dragon Spirit, World Class Baseball, Bravoman, Falcon and Davis Cup Tennis) and it is really a unique feeling to play a new game after 20 years.

Lost Monkey

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2012, 05:31:46 AM »
I have a new Hit The Ice sitting on the shelf.  I don't even remember when I bought it...  Must have been an eBay purchase...  When I get through the other games I want to play, I'll open it, and I will probably enjoy opening it as much as playing it.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012, 05:32:59 AM »
My latest new game was Bazaru, and it was definitely a good feeling to set him free to romp, play, and eat 'nanas.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles