Author Topic: Who RGB mods PCE Duos in the states?  (Read 256 times)

DejahThoris

Who RGB mods PCE Duos in the states?
« on: September 15, 2012, 04:00:29 AM »
Can't seem to find a pre-modded one so I'm looking at figuring out what it would cost to get the mod done separately after purchasing one.  I have a Sony PVM-2030 that accepts RGB over a DB25 connector.  I have a custom made Sony PVM DB25 -> Euro Scart RGB cable, so looking to get the system RGB modded with a Euro pinout RGB Scart cable if that makes any sense.  In any case, who's reliable and does great work?  Personal referrals would be best, though just knowing another member does work is a great help too!

HercTNT

Re: Who RGB mods PCE Duos in the states?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 04:07:44 AM »
Most if not all of our techs do. we have a pretty long list of them. Personally i have thesteve do most my work for me. I have also worked with duo-r and have zero complaints with both. i don't remember who is actively doing mod work or not, but here is a list of guys you can pm.

thesteve
duo-r
keith courage
chop 5
apolloboy
turbokon
bluebmw
drakon
freezer

If i forgot a name on the list, blame my brain tumor. we really need a stickied thread with the names of all the active techs and what they offer for services

DejahThoris

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 04:20:01 AM »
Most if not all of our techs do. we have a pretty long list of them. Personally i have thesteve do most my work for me. I have also worked with duo-r and have zero complaints with both. i don't remember who is actively doing mod work or not, but here is a list of guys you can pm.

thesteve
duo-r
keith courage
chop 5
apolloboy
turbokon
bluebmw
drakon
freezer

If i forgot a name on the list, blame my brain tumor. we really need a stickied thread with the names of all the active techs and what they offer for services

Many thanks!  I was surprised to see no such sticky myself.  I'll send a PM or two and see where it gets me.  I've already spoken with Keith Courage and he does not do RGB modding, though I may very well buy my console from him.

Drakon

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 12:19:20 PM »
I don't think I'd have trouble doing it you just tap the appropriate pins and build the right type of amp.  The ths7314 amp should be the easiest you only need 5-8 parts to build the amp circuit (that includes the ic itself).  I'm in Canada not America but I'm 99.9% certain I could pull it off with ease.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 12:23:12 PM by Drakon »
http://16bitgamer.forumotion.ca/

NightWolve: "I'd say ole XGay fears another relapse, hence the need for strong, daily hetero reinforcement on his desktop. ;)"

Jibbajaba: "The problem with trying to flame Regal is that it's like trying to gut-punch a really fat person."

DejahThoris

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 01:48:36 PM »
I don't think I'd have trouble doing it you just tap the appropriate pins and build the right type of amp.  The ths7314 amp should be the easiest you only need 5-8 parts to build the amp circuit (that includes the ic itself).  I'm in Canada not America but I'm 99.9% certain I could pull it off with ease.

Unfortunately the whole thing would be made much more expensive with international shipping :/.

Drakon

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 12:14:21 AM »
That's fine you can hire a fellow american.  I've got too many commissions to handle right now anyway.

I don't think I'd have trouble doing it you just tap the appropriate pins and build the right type of amp.  The ths7314 amp should be the easiest you only need 5-8 parts to build the amp circuit (that includes the ic itself).  I'm in Canada not America but I'm 99.9% certain I could pull it off with ease.

Unfortunately the whole thing would be made much more expensive with international shipping :/.
http://16bitgamer.forumotion.ca/

NightWolve: "I'd say ole XGay fears another relapse, hence the need for strong, daily hetero reinforcement on his desktop. ;)"

Jibbajaba: "The problem with trying to flame Regal is that it's like trying to gut-punch a really fat person."

DejahThoris

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 12:15:35 AM »
That's fine you can hire a fellow american.  I've got too many commissions to handle right now anyway.

Uh, sure...