Author Topic: Free: Sim Earth  (Read 526 times)

Bernie

• Facebook URL
Free: Sim Earth
« on: September 15, 2012, 08:05:39 AM »
I have a complete Sim Earth, TG-16 version, that is up for grabs.  It has the white tray inserts for some reason.  I can only assume I switched em out at some point for something else since I bought this brand new and sealed last year.  Anyway, I bought another recently so this one is a freebie to whoever wants it.  Just PM me. 

This is NOT a raffle, but more like a whoever I choose kinda thing.  The whole raffle thing.... I feel has went to crap lately.  So, if ya want/need this, lemme know.  Its a mint condition game and manual, just has white tray inserts instead of the black. 

Mishran

Re: Free: Sim Earth
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 10:02:45 AM »
Raffles went to crap? How so?

Firebomber7

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 10:30:06 AM »
Raffles went to crap? How so?
Too many of them, new people joining the site probably just to get in on raffles, the first page of some sales threads are JUST raffles and other non-sales stuff, people like me doing joke raffles in response to this, people making people jump through hoops ("say I love America!") to enter, etc. It doesn't bother me as much as some, but I do think I know what Bernie is talking about here.

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 01:47:27 PM »
Gone to Firebomber7.

FiftyQuid

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 03:38:48 PM »
Too many of them, new people joining the site probably just to get in on raffles, the first page of some sales threads are JUST raffles and other non-sales stuff, people like me doing joke raffles in response to this, people making people jump through hoops ("say I love America!") to enter, etc. It doesn't bother me as much as some, but I do think I know what Bernie is talking about here.
Yep.  This is why I didn't start another one.  I'll let the raffles go quiet for a while then I'll put one up.

'grats on Sim Earth, I would've like to get my hands on that one.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Firebomber7

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 06:17:31 PM »
Yep.  This is why I didn't start another one.  I'll let the raffles go quiet for a while then I'll put one up.

Yeah, I just logged in at the right time. Not quite as lucky as KeithCourage lately nabbing that US Duo and Duo-RX, though!

esteban

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 12:36:09 AM »

Yeah, I just logged in at the right time. Not quite as lucky as KeithCourage lately nabbing that US Duo and Duo-RX, though!

Firebomber7: despite the fact that nobody really talks about SimEarth...it actually can be fun. You've seen Rover's posts, I'm sure, where he pursued many different outcomes (some to hilarious resolutions). The interface can feel a bit cumbersome at times, but I like to think that this faithfully simulates a nearly, but not completely omnipotent/omniscient God who is creating life. Even a God will suffer a few hiccups when building the cosmos. That's my take on Genesis, anyway.

|    | 

Firebomber7

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 03:17:17 AM »

Firebomber7: despite the fact that nobody really talks about SimEarth...it actually can be fun. You've seen Rover's posts, I'm sure, where he pursued many different outcomes (some to hilarious resolutions). The interface can feel a bit cumbersome at times, but I like to think that this faithfully simulates a nearly, but not completely omnipotent/omniscient God who is creating life. Even a God will suffer a few hiccups when building the cosmos. That's my take on Genesis, anyway.

Yeah, I used to have it on PC. Actually, I probably still do somewhere. :D

esteban

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 04:32:12 AM »

Yeah, I used to have it on PC. Actually, I probably still do somewhere. :D

Ha! I played it on a mac BITD. Monochrome.

|    | 

vestcoat

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 06:24:13 AM »

Me too! My first video game all-nighter was at a friend's house playing Sim Earth, huddled around the tiny monochrome Mac screen, until the sun came up. I bought my own copy when my family got a computer a few years later, but by that time I had played Sim City and there was no going back.

esteban

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2012, 07:06:12 AM »

Me too! My first video game all-nighter was at a friend's house playing Sim Earth, huddled around the tiny monochrome Mac screen, until the sun came up. I bought my own copy when my family got a computer a few years later, but by that time I had played Sim City and there was no going back.

Hey, that would make an excellent topic: What was your first video game all-nighter?

Hany, jubilant, sputters, "Yup."

|    | 

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2012, 07:17:49 AM »
I agree !  Someone make it happen.   :)

esteban

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2012, 07:25:46 AM »
I agree !  Someone make it happen.   :)

You twisted my arm :)
  |    | 

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2012, 08:37:59 AM »
lol, but you posted it in just the turbo section..  HA!!  My first all nighter was not turbo related... 

esteban

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2012, 06:23:11 PM »
lol, but you posted it in just the turbo section..  HA!!  My first all nighter was not turbo related... 

Ha! Well, I totally wasn't thinking. I can't even remember if I mentioned my first Turbo all-nighter in my post. I meant to!

|    |