Author Topic: Turbo and PCE games with simultaneous multiplayer  (Read 547 times)

DarkKobold

Re: Turbo and PCE games with simultaneous multiplayer
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2012, 05:27:19 AM »

Thanks, Mr. Condescension.  You're really helpful.  :roll:

Aww, someone is butthurt.
Hey, you.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2012, 05:48:37 AM »
Aww, someone is butthurt.

Not at all, but don't let that stop you from continuing to be a useless douche.  If you wanted to be useful, you'd have made additions to Joe's list; and if you weren't a maroon, you'd have noticed that Joe did not ask for a list limited to co-op only.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Joe Redifer

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2012, 10:12:16 AM »
Thanks Black Falcon, that's an awesome list.  But how are some games, like The David Cup Tennis, 5 player co-op?  How are the baseball games 2 player co-op.  I know players can probably play for the same team, but at least in baseball there's usually only one schmuck doing anything at a given time.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2012, 10:21:03 AM »
But how are some games, like The David Cup Tennis, 5 player co-op?

It's four player - two humans vs. two humans (or cpu).

U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2012, 11:20:15 AM »
Thanks Black Falcon, that's an awesome list.  But how are some games, like The David Cup Tennis, 5 player co-op?  How are the baseball games 2 player co-op.  I know players can probably play for the same team, but at least in baseball there's usually only one schmuck doing anything at a given time.
I guess you could call them VS games instead of co-op? I dunno about you guys, but I for one would love to try to get every co-op game for the turbo/pce as I can. I might have said this before, but it would be interesting to see how many co-op games are on the pce/turbo vs the genesis and snes.

A Black Falcon

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2012, 02:02:12 PM »
Made a couple of updates to the list.  Yo, Bro is actually alternating, not simultaneous, so that was moved.  Also, added bolding for a few soccer games I missed (Formation Soccer '95 and J.League Tremendous Soccer '94).  Also Shibubinman 1 is of course also co-op.  Break In also allows for any mix of humans and computers (it's a pool game), so I bolded that as well.  Bonanza Bros. is another co-op game I'd missed; it's bolded now.  Same for Forgotten Worlds.

But how are some games, like The David Cup Tennis, 5 player co-op?

It's four player - two humans vs. two humans (or cpu).
Yeah.  That bolding might not be entirely accurate though for the sports games, because I didn't test everything to find if they do all have 2 human vs 2 CPU modes, but any team sports game that supports more than two players is definitely going to be co-op in some fashion, so I bolded all of those.  I didn't bold golf or olympic sports titles, because I assume that those are individual games.   For the other ones (baseball, soccer, football), the question is about whether they allow 2+ humans vs. computers, or if the 3-5 player modes are just humans versus humans, and whether you consider that co-op or not.  Also I didn't bold any wrestling games.  I assume that they're all free-for-all games, but don't know if there's a team mode somewhere or something.