Author Topic: Movies/TV Shows With Video Game Cameo Appearances  (Read 790 times)

Ninja Spirit

Movies/TV Shows With Video Game Cameo Appearances
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2006, 02:39:42 AM »
Oh yeah, Street Fighter II has made quite a few TV appearances.

>Baywatch
>Tupac is playing it in "Poetic Justice"
>Both SF2: CE and a Sega Genesis model 1 is seen in the Pharcyde's video "Pandemonium" off the Street Fighter: The Movie soundtrack album.
>One of Notorious BIG's videos, SF2 on SNES appears as soon as the line "Super Nintendo Sega Genesis, when I was dead broke man I couldn't picture this"

motdelbuort

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2006, 03:42:24 PM »
I can't believe no one mentioned Rumble in the Bronx, with the little kid playing a Game Gear with no game in it.

On TV there was a Roseanne where someone got DJ a Super Nintendo, though it was never shown.

Keranu

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2006, 04:22:29 PM »
I just remembered that on one of the early 90's episodes of American Funniest Home Videos, though I think it was called somethine else because it was hosted by that other guy on Full House and some chick, not Bob Sagat. The woman asked the Full House dude what are two things he could wish for and he said, "Well that would have to be Pamela Anderson and Super Nintendo." :lol: .
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

esteban

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2006, 06:59:28 PM »
Quote from: "Keranu"
I just remembered that on one of the early 90's episodes of American Funniest Home Videos, though I think it was called somethine else because it was hosted by that other guy on Full House and some chick, not Bob Sagat. The woman asked the Full House dude what are two things he could wish for and he said, "Well that would have to be Pamela Anderson and Super Nintendo." :lol: .
America's Funniest People is the show you're thinking of, most likely. It aired after AFV, and starred Dave Kooo Lee Ayyyy (I don't know how to spell his name, but he was the blonde-haired dude on Full House). They changed hosts a few times, but I think Daisy Fuentes co-hosted with Dave for a while. I am sad to report that I watched this show -- it was soooo lame compared to AFV (and that's saying something!)
  |    | 

Keranu

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2006, 07:05:03 PM »
Yes, that's it. Wasn't that dude Uncle Joey on Full House? God, why couldn't Full House be as good as Perfect Strangers, another Miller Boyett Production?
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).