Author Topic: Official Old Receipts Thread for Best Nostalgic Relaxing  (Read 534 times)

Lost Monkey

Official Old Receipts Thread for Best Nostalgic Relaxing
« on: September 29, 2012, 08:29:40 AM »
These are from when Radio Shack in Canada was clearing out TG stuff...

I went back a few months after these purchases and they had "bundles" of 10 games (all TTE SCDs) for $10 actually physically taped together in a bundle.

I supposed if this goes O.T. (and I expect it will, I have lots of receipts for other systems...) we can ask a mod to move it...

TheClash603

Re: Official Old Receipts Thread for Best Nostalgic Relaxing
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 09:22:04 AM »
Never kept my receipts BITD, but that is fun to see.

Did you happen to buy the 10 for $10 deal?

Keranu

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 09:29:44 AM »
What was the game listed as "TURBO" in the first receipt?
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

turboswimbz

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 09:34:41 AM »
haha. neat. 
KARL BANDOO . . . what a badass name!
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

Lost Monkey

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 09:41:49 AM »
Never kept my receipts BITD, but that is fun to see.

Did you happen to buy the 10 for $10 deal?

I bought one bundle for one game I needed - the bundles were full of duplicates, there may have been 4 different titles in a bundle of 10.  I can't remember which game it was I needed, but I ended up trading most of the dupes with guys on the Turbo List.  One of the games in the middle of the bundle turned out to be opened already and the manual was missing (Shadow of the Beast).
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 09:44:11 AM by Lost Monkey »

Lost Monkey

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 09:50:45 AM »

When I first read your question, I thought "Yeah, RIGHT!!!" 

But I was able to match the Radio Shack stock number to a game I knew came from there...

esteban

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 01:48:04 AM »
Well, as you probably already know, I find this thread interesting . I'll have to scrounge around to see if I still have any receipts. I never kept them with the actual games/boxes, though, so I fear that they have long since been recycled.

FANTASY: ALSO, if folks have really old receipts (before TG-16 was liquidated), we might be able to piece together a rough schedule of releases (this is my dream!). Sadly, I don't think we'll be able to find the hundreds (thousands!) of relevant receipts in order to do this. BUT I CAN DREAM.  /fantasy

When I first read your question, I thought "Yeah, RIGHT!!!" 

But I was able to match the Radio Shack stock number to a game I knew came from there...

Ha! I thought it was going to be Jack Nicklaus Turbo Golf.

|    | 

TheClash603

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 10:37:38 AM »
Jack Nicklaus Golf CD is a hard game to find.  Surprised it doesn't sell for $500, lol.

csgx1

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 11:08:52 AM »
I think I only bought like 3 Turbo games brand new back in the day when Turbo stuff was in stores.  Here's the only receipt I could find from The Good Guys for Bonk.  It was new/sealed.  I also remember buying a new Turbo Booster Plus that same day for something like $9, but lost the receipt.  Both Bonk and the Turbo Booster were the last Turbo items they had in stock and were behind a counter in a box on the floor with some other misc. clearance items that nobody cared about.   

xelement5x

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 11:40:53 AM »
Jack Nicklaus Golf CD is a hard game to find.  Surprised it doesn't sell for $500, lol.

Really?  My local retro game shop had 2 copies I picked up awhile ago for like $7 each.  I grabbed both of them so I had 1 for me and 1 for my secret santa person.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Drakon

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 12:11:58 PM »
I grew up in etobicoke right next to mississauga.

These are from when Radio Shack in Canada was clearing out TG stuff...

I went back a few months after these purchases and they had "bundles" of 10 games (all TTE SCDs) for $10 actually physically taped together in a bundle.

I supposed if this goes O.T. (and I expect it will, I have lots of receipts for other systems...) we can ask a mod to move it...
http://16bitgamer.forumotion.ca/

NightWolve: "I'd say ole XGay fears another relapse, hence the need for strong, daily hetero reinforcement on his desktop. ;)"

Jibbajaba: "The problem with trying to flame Regal is that it's like trying to gut-punch a really fat person."

esteban

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2012, 05:36:57 PM »
I think I only bought like 3 Turbo games brand new back in the day when Turbo stuff was in stores.  Here's the only receipt I could find from The Good Guys for Bonk.  It was new/sealed.  I also remember buying a new Turbo Booster Plus that same day for something like $9, but lost the receipt.  Both Bonk and the Turbo Booster were the last Turbo items they had in stock and were behind a counter in a box on the floor with some other misc. clearance items that nobody cared about.   

A FLOOR SAMPLE for software was definitely worth the discounted price.

Which reminds me: Buying from Electronics Boutique = paying full price for floor samples (they removed games from boxes to prevent shoplifting).

|    | 

esteban

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2012, 06:19:22 PM »
I think I only bought like 3 Turbo games brand new back in the day when Turbo stuff was in stores.  Here's the only receipt I could find from The Good Guys for Bonk...

Justin Case? Why does that name sound so familiar? You must have helped me out in the past? Corresponded via e-mail?

I have a difficult time attaching real names with internet monikers... but I know your name.

|    | 

csgx1

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2012, 06:58:51 PM »
I think I only bought like 3 Turbo games brand new back in the day when Turbo stuff was in stores.  Here's the only receipt I could find from The Good Guys for Bonk...

Justin Case? Why does that name sound so familiar? You must have helped me out in the past? Corresponded via e-mail?

I have a difficult time attaching real names with internet monikers... but I know your name.

For some weird reason that's not my name on the receipt even though I was the one that purchased Bonk.  I don't know who the heck Justin Case is or why that name is on my receipt.  My guess it that the sales person entered a random name or a name from a previous sale that day.

RoyVegas

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2012, 05:12:56 AM »
My guess it that the sales person entered a random name or a name from a previous sale that day.

Maybe he had to enter a name "just in case".
All is well. :)