Author Topic: Got back my duo!!!!  (Read 295 times)

HercTNT

Got back my duo!!!!
« on: October 03, 2012, 01:42:24 PM »
Sent out my duo to steve last week after it went on the fritz. Got it back in double quick time. thought I would share a few pics with you all. First pic is my duo-r, custom rgb cable, and upscaler. Second pic is faceball running on my 32" samsung lcd in rgb with upscaler.

Thanks go to Mishran for faceball.
Huge thanks goes to steve for fixing up my machine, and to mike for walking me through how to make the rgb cable.

HercTNT

Re: Got back my duo!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 01:43:07 PM »
Sorry for the double post but for some reason it would not let me attach my other pic. here is pic two.

tpivette

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 01:49:53 PM »
Sweet! Nice blue LED mod on your Duo R!

Its awesome to get your system back and its working at 110% when it wasnt before. I know the feeling.
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

Drakon

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 12:39:21 AM »
Sick duo.  You using one of these?

http://16bitgamer.forumotion.ca/

NightWolve: "I'd say ole XGay fears another relapse, hence the need for strong, daily hetero reinforcement on his desktop. ;)"

Jibbajaba: "The problem with trying to flame Regal is that it's like trying to gut-punch a really fat person."

Frank_fjs

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 01:17:17 AM »
Nice!

I recall RetroAccessories selling those cables, always wondered what the result would be like. I have one of those encoders too but never much liked the output, only seemed to display a good picture on a CRT computer monitor.

turbokon

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 03:11:44 AM »
Nice!! Did you have to get any mod done to the duo to be able to use the upscale beside the cable?
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

Frank_fjs

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 03:43:24 AM »
You'd need to RGB mod a Duo to use that encoder.

HercTNT

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 10:52:42 AM »
Sick duo.  You using one of these?

The one i have is very similar to that. My duo is rgb modded, and originally had an rgb to scart cable. then had to buy another cable that output the scart to the vga in on the upscaler. That cable was rgb boosted, but the system was also. This caused some problems with the output. Then the system just crapped the bed altogether. Steve went through it and found bad wiring buy the guy that sold it (doujidance). Mike showed me how to get rid of the cable mess and rewire a straight shot rgb cable from the system to the rgb pins on the upscaler. Between Steve's fixes and Mikes rgb cable help the machine sounds and looks great. Before, with the upscaler the picture output had a very faint amount of fuzz in it. Now its crystal clear. I don't know why people don't like the output of this upscaler as its dirty cheap and in my opinion looks fantastic.