Author Topic: The Brothers Duomazov: two new updates (10.5 & 10.6)  (Read 1611 times)

KingDrool

Re: The Brothers Duomazov: two new updates (10.5 & 10.6)
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2012, 05:35:10 AM »
8 paragraphs later...not over-sensitive at all...

Anyway, thanks for updating the site, guys. I've learned a ton about PC Engine titles thanks to your site. It's like Hardcore Gaming 101, but better because it's all PC Engine.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

SuperPlay

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2012, 06:00:49 AM »
Nice updates :-)

Black Tiger

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2012, 07:14:04 AM »
Personally, I don't get excited when gushing perfect-score reviews for Zelda LttP, Chrono Trigger, Super Metroid and FFIII are bumped with a groundbreaking perfect-score review of FFVII.

I'd much rather read a new review of The Black Onyx after waiting for months following reviews of Private Eye Dol, Surging Aura and Kalin No Tsurugi.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

NightWolve

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2012, 01:03:20 AM »
Referring to your seemingly being overly sensitive, I would guess.  I'm not saying whether it was warranted or not, but necros comment seemed to me to refer to the fact that you called tdgodfrey overly-sensitive in the midst of a post that some could suggest was the result of some over-sensitivity on your part.

I understood that I was being heckled with a hypocrisy charge, I'm well aware of the expression (Pot. Kettle. Black.), but I wondered if a prior incident with tdgodfrey factored into it more so than comments here, up to that point.

Then your reaction to that was to assume that it was because of some other completely unrelated situation, which some might also suggest was the result of some over-sensitivity on your part.

Well, I asked HIM rather than firmly assume (question marks were used last I checked). There's some context: tggodfrey said, "I dont get what your issue is lately", referring to another thread, the main source of our mutual dislike/antagonism... I figured Necro might be referring to that also since he was there and thought a moderator might have to intervene.

I'm not saying that you were being that way, I'm just saying that I'm pretty sure that was what necro was referring to.

Yes, I can see that you were trying to be very helpful here, but I'm pretty sure he would've replied himself. That question was only something he could answer, that is, me wanting to know if a prior incident with the same guy was factoring into his snipe or not.

8 paragraphs later...not over-sensitive at all...

Yesss, let's pile on why don't we... I do happen to have a tendency to be verbose, admittedly, but that does occur in both positive and negative posts. It's not an indicator of being overly sensitive to criticism in it of itself, not to mention that I didn't expressly deny his charge, but rather asked if another matter had inspired it. You likely are gonna get a response when you take snipes at someone, whether it's verbose or not, and there is some prior context here. And that I felt I should explain in detail my original comment ? Well, I think that was a little better than pulling out just a simple "Go f*ck yourself!" at the very least... Then, according to you, I'd just be hostile, right ?

I'm just a fanboy for being grateful for whatever I get, though, so what do I know?

Yeah, fine, I don't have a problem with that, but others gave me an excessive fanboy sense of how dare I make a joke at the expense of this site, like no negative comments allowed (blasphemy!) and that I should've just been a clapping seal in this thread! That's being an overly sensitive/protective fanboy that can't stand even the slightest bit of criticism/lampooning -- perceived or otherwise -- and/or is excessively protective about something, the system and its games, etc. Overly sensitive or protective, I don't care which term it is, I used both, but that's the sense that I got. I do hate to derail a topic on the negative, but I was done with this thread after the joke on the Bikini game, until seeing his comment essentially calling me back the way that he did...

Quote from: tdgodfrey
"Man, I don't get what your issue is lately, asswolf, it's a free site, so show some respect!! HMPH! I don't like soccer games either, but it's good to see that site isnt going to just fade away and fall off the edge of the interwebz."

It's been "paraphrased" a bit, added "asswolf", as that was the creative insult that he had waiting for me as soon as I entered the PCE forums chatroom last time (before my DSL died for the last 2 days), thus I wanna accurately reflect his attitude here. But yeah, he's essentially claiming that my joke showed inappropriate disrespect and by implication tells me what my opinion should've been in the first place, that I should've just been happy that the site is still alive and somehow left it at that (again, no negative jokes/comments allowed!)... I am happy, it's a nice review site, well designed, but please... Happy that it's alive? Sure. That soccer games got added? Pfffft. Sorry, but no... I saw room for a little lampooning there.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 01:07:03 AM by NightWolve »

Black Tiger

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2012, 12:02:16 PM »
There is a new review for Mysterious Song.

October 19, 2012 - Well, the requests just keep on rolling in for more reviews of soccer and Reversi titles, but the chance to play a brand new Turbo game seemed like a good enough reason to take a break from that exciting stuff. Check out IvaNEC's Mysterious Song review, and then get the game if you haven't already.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 12:41:02 PM by Black Tiger »

Marll

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2012, 12:28:18 PM »
I'll be glad to when I get my copy, sounds like a fun game to me, and I'm sure a launching pad for more homebrew goodness.
Rabid Turbo fan since 1989!
Happy F@ck eBay member since 2010

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2012, 04:05:35 AM »
October 19, 2012 - Well, the requests just keep on rolling in for more reviews of soccer and Reversi titles....

Ha!  I demand a review of Hatris, dammit!  :lol:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

KingDrool

« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2012, 06:46:11 AM »

(A whole mountain of text, including a link to a 6-month-old post where I jokingly called someone "hostile").

Pump the brakes a bit, buddy. C'mere...give us a hug.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

roflmao

« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2012, 02:14:03 PM »

He's kind of like the forum's own little tazmanian devil.  Just watch him go... :D

NightWolve

« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2012, 01:55:03 AM »
(A whole mountain of text, including a link to a 6-month-old post where I jokingly called someone "hostile").

Yes, ALL THAT text, so MOUNTAINOUS! And I know you said it jokingly, I just found the difference in reaction interesting to him versus me.

He's kind of like the forum's own little tazmanian devil.  Just watch him go... :D

Eh, I guess I will just go with a short, simple Necromancer-approved "Go f*ck yourself!" response here. That's being said jokingly of course, roflmao. ;)

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2012, 02:32:54 AM »
I love you guys!!!!  Lets all hold hands and skip out of this mess...  :( 

KingDrool

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2012, 02:50:32 AM »
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway...how 'bout that Brothers Duomazov site? Pretty bad ass, right?

Got one to sell? PM me!

lord_cack

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2012, 01:13:28 PM »
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway...how 'bout that Brothers Duomazov site? Pretty bad ass, right?

Yeah, certainly that new review of Mysterious Song, Check it out and buy a copy too.
A dark tide will rise and she will walk again. He is coming.....

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2012, 06:51:01 AM »

It's no HuPack, but it's alright.  ;)

Black Tiger