Author Topic: Dynastic Hero Bandwagon  (Read 2433 times)

turboswimbz

NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

Nando

Re: Dynastic Hero Bandwagon
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 05:01:46 AM »
Crazy, I happened to get this from Mishram a few weeks ago. Such a fun game and the artwork is on point!

turboswimbz

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 05:04:30 AM »
yeah, i'd like to own it one day, but going e bay price is too much for me at this point. 

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

hoobs88

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 05:04:36 AM »
That seems to happen a lot with Dynastic Hero and Magical Chase...You don't see any on ebay for months then 3 or 4 get listed in the same week.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

RoyVegas

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 05:06:09 AM »
Seeing these games go up for sale on ebay and the money you fools are willing to pay, well then i will sell 1 of the 3 copies I have.  No i wont accept offers.  I do have a second copy i might sell depending on how this one does.

Quoted from the newest of the three auctions..

He's basically saying, by bidding on my auction, you're a fool?  :lol:
All is well. :)

Bernie

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 05:12:54 AM »
 :-&
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 06:29:03 AM by Bernie »

turboswimbz

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 05:16:27 AM »
the guy who bid ten prob. not a fool, the people spending $100's more so.  

And why he can say that, I won't indulge him with a laugh or smile, consider this:

Guy knew what he was doing all along, It's worth pointing out that he was following the trends if he knew they were on ebay, and why else would you sock away 3 if you weren't going to sell them later?

Why he thinks it's crazy to buy a game for that much all along, He's more than okay with selling it off when the market is hot.  I mean I'm just saying if he thinks this is so damn foolish, he sure has no problem keeping it going.

but hey, kudos to him for making a buck.  There is nothing wrong with that, if that is what people are willing to pay.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 05:20:37 AM by turboswimbz »

Nando

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2012, 05:32:26 AM »
but hey, kudos to him for making a buck.  There is nothing wrong with that, if that is what people are willing to pay.

Pretty much. That's them there free market rules unfortunately.

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2012, 05:44:04 AM »
::cough::pc engine version is a $15 game::cough:
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

Nando

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2012, 05:52:16 AM »
::cough::pc engine version is a $15 game::cough:

yup

420GOAT

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2012, 06:02:30 AM »
here is the thing. when i sell VW parts i look for an in-between. not too high, not too low. selling low i know this a$$hole just wants to resell. too high and the good guys cant really afford them. i see this place as a group who enjoy turbo games and i dont have a problem hooking people up or i think its cool guys here are getting good deals. how do we weed out the dickheads?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 06:33:50 PM by 420GOAT »
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the f*cking car.

DarkKobold

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2012, 06:07:47 AM »
You'd think the bandwagon would be a bad idea, for all sellers. However, I really only think it hurts the earliest seller.

The mentality, from what I've seen on Yamatoku-classics, seems to be "Well, there are 3 of that rare title, currently available. I'll bid my lowest on the first one, and see what it goes for. Then I'll bid 20-30% higher on the next one, and be assured to get it!"

"Wait! Someone beat me at 35% higher! I'll go 30% higher on the next one!"

As much as I'd love to get this title, I just don't ever see me paying $500ish for 1 compact disc.
Hey, you.

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2012, 06:12:02 AM »
here is the thing. when i sell VW parts i look for an in-between. not too high, not too low. selling low i know this a$$hole just wants to resell. too high and the good guys can really afford them. i see this place as a group who enjoy turbo games and i dont have a problem hooking people up or i think its cool guys here are getting good deals. how do we weed out the dickheads?
By not using ebay at all and not paying the gouged price? Far too often people use it as a price guide instead of seeing it for what it is: a auction site. You are going to an auction site you are going to pay auction prices. Granted you may get a good deal here or there but 90% of the time you are going to pay a premium. Whether or not the premium is worth the price is entirely up to the buyer.

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2012, 06:27:47 AM »
well they're all auctions so it's not like any of them are asking for a gouge price. I'd love to see 100 for sale all at once, then we could see what they'd really sell for
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

Nando

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2012, 06:35:48 AM »
how do we weed out the dickheads?

I think our community is good a exposing gougers, or at least giving everyone a heads up on prices and values and deals.

All of my PCE stuff comes from forum members and let me tell you, YOU ARE ALL AWESOME!