Author Topic: Dynastic Hero Bandwagon  (Read 2431 times)

Keith Courage

Re: Dynastic Hero Bandwagon
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2012, 06:38:39 AM »
I contacted the guy from the first auction when it started and he said that he turned down a a really high offer for it. I highly doubt it's gonna get that high with there being 3 auctions of the same game on ebay now.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 06:41:21 AM by Keith Courage »

Bernie

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2012, 06:40:44 AM »
Well, turns out I knew who the person was selling that particular one.  My comment wasnt taken lightly, and looks like I lost a friend over it.  :( Guezz I should watch what I say in the future.

Lost Monkey

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2012, 06:42:09 AM »
Let em list em. My prediction is that neither of the current listed DH's on eBay right now will go as high as the one that sold for $560 on 10-03, if only because multiple auctions at the same time will make it look readily available.

BTW, I got a kick out of the "fools" comment.

Keith Courage

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2012, 06:42:48 AM »
That's a bummer Bernie. I didn't even see your comment. I've done business with him before and he seems to be an honest guy.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 06:49:04 AM by Keith Courage »

Black Tiger

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2012, 06:45:24 AM »
This is in line with what we've seen over the years. Resellers sitting on stacks of rare games to put out at the right times to help increase the perceived value of games in the long run. If you could magically obtain every copy of Keith Courage in the world, you could slowly trickle them out for big bucks as the harderst to find and therefore rarest TG-16 game.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2012, 06:47:21 AM »
Well, turns out I knew who the person was selling that particular one.  My comment wasnt taken lightly, and looks like I lost a friend over it.  :( Guezz I should watch what I say in the future.

It doesn't sound like he was much of a friend to get that worked up over your relatively innocuous comment, and who wants to be friends with profiteering gouger clowns anyway?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Bernie

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2012, 06:49:21 AM »
Im talking about the auction that said something about fools paying high dollar, or somethn like that anyway.  Didnt know if thats the same seller you are referring to or not Keith.  Either way, I shouldnt have said it.  Foot in mouth....

Keith Courage

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2012, 06:53:39 AM »
No that's someone else Bernie. However, that auction you speak of does kind of read that way.

Bardoly

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2012, 08:45:26 AM »
You'd think the bandwagon would be a bad idea, for all sellers. However, I really only think it hurts the earliest seller.

The mentality, from what I've seen on Yamatoku-classics, seems to be "Well, there are 3 of that rare title, currently available. I'll bid my lowest on the first one, and see what it goes for. Then I'll bid 20-30% higher on the next one, and be assured to get it!"

"Wait! Someone beat me at 35% higher! I'll go 30% higher on the next one!"

As much as I'd love to get this title, I just don't ever see me paying $500ish for 1 compact disc.

I suppose this could happen, but I would also think that the opposite could happen as well, where the first person bids his highest and get the first copy, then the second bids his highest and get that copy for some under the first one, and then the third one sells for some under the second one's selling price.

vestcoat

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2012, 10:43:32 AM »
Im talking about the auction that said something about fools paying high dollar, or somethn like that anyway.  Didnt know if thats the same seller you are referring to or not Keith.  Either way, I shouldnt have said it.  Foot in mouth....
I have no idea what's going on.

Bernie

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2012, 12:11:39 PM »

I have no idea what's going on.

One of the auctions in the thread, http://www.ebay.com/itm/290793238663?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2649 , said this. 

This is the USA version of Dynastic hero.  Seeing these games go up for sale on ebay and the money you fools are willing to pay, well then i will sell 1 of the 3 copies I have.  No i wont accept offers.  I do have a second copy i might sell depending on how this one does.

Loacl pickup would be preferred and if you are able to do that then cash will be required.  I will not accept paypal for local pickup.

I made a comment, and followed it by saying that I just know its someone from here..  Well, turns out it WAS someone from here, that I actually dealt with and considered a friend, and I pissed em off.  Either way, I tried making peace, and edited out my original comment. 

vestcoat

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2012, 01:28:25 PM »
OK. Thanks for the explanation. I don't mind who ever it is calling people "fools" (candid ebay remarks are amusing and usually true), but responding to your public comment with a private message to keep his identity secret from other members is some two-faced BS, IMO. Lots of us have auctioned valuable games on ebay (myself, Aaron, etc). It's not worth any cool points, but there's no shame in it as long as the starting point is low. I distrust forum members who attempt to cover their ebay tracks.

That said, I reserve some harsh judgements for hoarders sitting on three copies of a game like this and I would probably open up on him if he reveals himself.  :dance:

It doesn't sound like he was much of a friend to get that worked up over your relatively innocuous comment
+1

csgx1

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2012, 03:27:17 PM »
I guess it's a small world when it comes to Turbo stuff.   These type of games bring too much drama.  Some people get so emotional 'n sh*t for what?....a game.

I'm happy I don't need, desire or even have Dynastic Hero to sell.

Whoever this mystery seller is should really put more effort in the listing.  One measly picture and basically no details, coming from a seller with no selling feedback and a condescending attitude.  Maybe some people are "fools" for taking the risk or going off faith when bidding hundreds on that particular auction. 

Aggie Tsubi

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2012, 04:37:03 PM »
Wow, what a douche that one seller is. Insulting your bidders AND admitting to hoarding the game? If I was in the market for a US Dynastic Hero, I'd have too much self-respect to degrade myself by bidding on an auction that basically says "you're an idiot if you bid on this". I hope his copy sells for the lowest amount of the three.

Anyway, that's surprising to see three up at once. Maybe they all want to cash in after seeing that $560 copy that sold?

I love Dynastic Hero, and while it would be really cool to own the US release, I'm happy with my Japanese copy and the Virtual Console release of the English version. It's very easy to play in Japanese, even without knowing the language (and there are FAQs available for anyone who does get stuck), and to be honest, having recently played through the VC release, playing in English doesn't add much to the experience. There isn't much of a story beyond what you can pick up playing it in Japanese, and the localization is pretty awful with loads of mistakes (I think my favorite is when a NPC says "Oh on" instead of "Oh no"). And, of course, there's the Genesis version of the game available in English too.

But I imagine most people in the market for the US Turbo Duo release are just collectors and don't care as much about playing the game as simply getting a complete set of Turbo CD releases.

DarkKobold

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2012, 04:47:46 PM »

I'm happy I don't need, desire or even have Dynastic Hero to sell.

I need it for my.... my.... preciousssssss
Hey, you.