Author Topic: Dynastic Hero Bandwagon  (Read 2416 times)

turboswimbz

Re: Dynastic Hero Bandwagon
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2012, 04:53:28 AM »
His reply;

Quote from: plcards
Stop crying! :(

What a jackass.

you should Send him this thread - then point out the thousands the members here spend every month, he might shit his pants knowing that most people here won't buy from him now. 
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

geise

« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2012, 04:58:49 AM »
Or he'd just laugh since he's the one with the copy of Dynastic Hero.  I really don't think he gives a crap.

glazball

« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2012, 05:48:27 AM »
  The asshat (plcards) says in his auction that he's been collecting TurboDuo for 20 years.  Well then he knows DH is worth nowhere near $2000!  That, along with his shill bidding, has cemented his place on my shit list.
glazball's game collection and wantlist

turboswimbz

« Reply #78 on: October 19, 2012, 08:50:29 AM »
Or he'd just laugh since he's the one with the copy of Dynastic Hero.  I really don't think he gives a crap.

True my friend. but hey, who cares about plcrap.  still more turbo goodies to be had.  I just had an excellent transaction with mrniceguy. game he sent listed in very good, was closer to like new, no slide marks on the cart, manual is crisp and clean.  and he started his auction off at a good price.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

esteban

« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2012, 08:57:36 AM »
I love Dynastic Hero, and while it would be really cool to own the US release, I'm happy with my Japanese copy and the Virtual Console release of the English version. It's very easy to play in Japanese, even without knowing the language (and there are FAQs available for anyone who does get stuck), and to be honest, having recently played through the VC release, playing in English doesn't add much to the experience. There isn't much of a story beyond what you can pick up playing it in Japanese, and the localization is pretty awful with loads of mistakes (I think my favorite is when a NPC says "Oh on" instead of "Oh no"). And, of course, there's the Genesis version of the game available in English too.

I had to do this as well. I played the VC version to see what the English-translation was like. Prior to that, I had played through the Japanese version.

|    | 

tpivette

« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2012, 10:11:42 AM »
EDIT - I was mistaken, didnt realize the seller ended the auction early
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 10:27:19 AM by tpivette »
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

Bernie

« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2012, 10:15:41 AM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dynastic-Hero-TurboGrafx-16-/160904109885?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2576a1df3d

WTF?

It says the listing was ended by the seller, because the item was sold.  Doesn't that mean that the auction was ended before bidding stopped?  I guess someone offered them enough money to entice them to close the auction.

DarkKobold

« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2012, 10:57:18 AM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dynastic-Hero-TurboGrafx-16-/160904109885?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2576a1df3d

WTF?

It says the listing was ended by the seller, because the item was sold.  Doesn't that mean that the auction was ended before bidding stopped?  I guess someone offered them enough money to entice them to close the auction.

He said in his follow-up auction two reasons:

#1, he hates bid snipers.

#2, he didn't have time to ship it before leaving for a wedding, so he ended the auction early to sell to the highest bidder.

So, whoever won it, got it for the $251. Nice price.
Hey, you.

Lost Monkey

« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2012, 11:24:13 AM »

WTF?

He said in his follow-up auction two reasons:

#1, he hates bid snipers.

#2, he didn't have time to ship it before leaving for a wedding, so he ended the auction early to sell to the highest bidder.

Different auction...  there are now 2 that have been ended early - 3 if you count PLCards...

geise

« Reply #85 on: October 22, 2012, 01:21:10 PM »

Yeah, nice and shitty from a buyers perspective.  Since the price was so nice you should've hopped on it before it got pulled.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 01:23:39 PM by geise »

tggodfrey

« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2012, 12:24:38 AM »
Def a slap in the face of last minute snipers.  I absolutely love it.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

Keith Courage

« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2012, 02:38:13 PM »
Well, I had no idea someone would be willing to pay that much for this game http://www.ebay.com/itm/140868578709?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Bernie

« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2012, 02:40:16 PM »
Well, I had no idea someone would be willing to pay that much for this game http://www.ebay.com/itm/140868578709?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

That is INSANE!!!  lol

tpivette

« Reply #89 on: October 25, 2012, 02:45:58 PM »
Just saw what it went for... what the f*ck is wrong with people?
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate