Author Topic: Dynastic Hero Bandwagon  (Read 2412 times)

Tatsujin

Re: Dynastic Hero Bandwagon
« Reply #105 on: October 25, 2012, 04:32:25 PM »
Even the Japanese copies are going for $50 - $60 on ebay. Game of Japan has it much cheaper:

http://www.gameofjapan.com/product_info.php?products_id=4677&country=223

as mentioned earlier by several peeps, the JPN version usually is a 15 to max. 20 buck title.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

csgx1

« Reply #106 on: October 25, 2012, 04:35:41 PM »
Wow, that's ridiculous.  Must be a rigged auction or some people are downright stupid. 

DarkKobold

« Reply #107 on: October 25, 2012, 05:39:54 PM »
Wow, that's ridiculous.  Must be a rigged auction or some people are downright stupid.  

Downright stupidity seems to be the mantra of video game collecting, like with what happened to comics back in the 90s. This isn't isolated to the Turbografx. Rare games across the board are going for obscene money.

For example, Stadium Events is the rarest licensed-by-nintendo cart. It was put on a limited number of store shelves, and pulled about a month later, so Nintendo could re-brand it as World Class Track Meet, a $2 game You might know it as the game that came with the power pad, and was the third game to be added to the Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt cart. Now, what is really surprising, is the two games are identical once you pass the title screen. Someone paid $3,604 extra for a title screen and a different cart label.

Think that is bad?

One of the rarest Atari games has been found complete-in-box, for the first time ever. Here is the story/auction. Its at $17,000+, and it wouldn't surprise me if it ended over $40,000. (The last one, before people even KNEW instructions existed, went for $31,000.)

Am I saying this in anyway justifies someone spending $1,300 on a game that has had 5 copies on ebay in the past couple weeks? Hell no. Hell, even if it were 1 copy, it still doesn't justify the price. However, putting things in perspective, things can get far more ridiculous.... and probably will.
Hey, you.

Tatsujin

« Reply #108 on: October 25, 2012, 06:22:03 PM »
Lol, stadium events went much MUCH higher than only $3,604.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

SignOfZeta

« Reply #109 on: October 25, 2012, 07:51:30 PM »
Wow, that's ridiculous.  Must be a rigged auction or some people are downright stupid. 

Downright stupidity seems to be the mantra of video game collecting, like with what happened to comics back in the 90s. This isn't isolated to the Turbografx. Rare games across the board are going for obscene money.

For example, Stadium Events is the rarest licensed-by-nintendo cart. It was put on a limited number of store shelves, and pulled about a month later, so Nintendo could re-brand it as World Class Track Meet, a $2 game You might know it as the game that came with the power pad, and was the third game to be added to the Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt cart. Now, what is really surprising, is the two games are identical once you pass the title screen. Someone paid $3,604 extra for a title screen and a different cart label.

Think that is bad?

One of the rarest Atari games has been found complete-in-box, for the first time ever. Here is the story/auction. Its at $17,000+, and it wouldn't surprise me if it ended over $40,000. (The last one, before people even KNEW instructions existed, went for $31,000.)

Am I saying this in anyway justifies someone spending $1,300 on a game that has had 5 copies on ebay in the past couple weeks? Hell no. Hell, even if it were 1 copy, it still doesn't justify the price. However, putting things in perspective, things can get far more ridiculous.... and probably will.

All that other shit is WAY more rare though. I've actually held DH in my hands, that automatically makes it as common as air compared to that other stuff.

If a 2600 game that is UNIQUE is worth $40k than DH, of which thousands of copies exist (and tens of thousands of copies of the JP version) should be like...$50, maybe.

Lost Monkey

« Reply #110 on: October 26, 2012, 01:59:38 AM »
Looks like all the games are over... and the goal was missed.

geise

« Reply #111 on: October 26, 2012, 06:21:00 AM »
These DH's that sold recently are going to be right back on ebay.  :|

DarkKobold

« Reply #112 on: October 26, 2012, 06:25:56 AM »
Lol, stadium events went much MUCH higher than only $3,604.

You'd be correct, if you are talking about the boxed auction, which made news because it went for $13,000ish, or the sealed auction, which went for $42,000ish. From what I remember, that sealed ebay auction kept having a false top bidder, so no one ever actually paid. Now, its back up on ebay stuck in forever BIN world. I could be wrong. But regardless, you are correct, more complete copies of SE have gone for far higher.

I linked to the loose cart auction which went for $3,606, which is a new record for a loose copy of SE.
Hey, you.