Author Topic: eBay: Sealed TG-16 incredible condition  (Read 401 times)

InuitSaffron

eBay: Sealed TG-16 incredible condition
« on: October 21, 2012, 01:43:21 PM »
Hello,

I figured some of you may be interested in this. This is the fourth Sealed TG-16 I have owned, and the best condition of all of them. Here is my eBay page:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/master_shake0/m.html?item=221143053905&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESCX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

The auctions go live tonight at 10:30 EST. I always entertain offers outside of eBay. Thanks for looking!

Jibbajaba

Re: eBay: Sealed TG-16 incredible condition
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 02:57:57 PM »
Wow!  Thank you SO much for signing up here just to post this. 

Chris

InuitSaffron

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 03:15:22 PM »
#jibbajaba - Sure, I just wish I had found out about this site before I sold the other three. I would have loved to give you guys first access.

DarkKobold

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 05:11:37 PM »
Uh, how is it sealed? There wasn't even tape to hold the box shut.
Hey, you.

FiftyQuid

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 05:30:17 PM »

Chris
Classic!
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

InuitSaffron

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 05:50:18 PM »
Uh, how is it sealed? There wasn't even tape to hold the box shut.

Yes, the boxes were not sealed but all of the individual components are in plastic bags that are "sealed" with tape. All of the original tape seals remain on this system.

Chris

Oh, I see. Well, I'll apologize for this frowned upon occurrence, I just wanted to spread the word.. But I'm sure I'll stick around, I do need some advice on repairing my TurboExpress.

Jibbajaba

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 02:50:06 PM »
Stick around and become part of the community, and its all good.  But if you only signed up here to advertise your eBay auction, well, poor form.

Chris

420GOAT

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 03:30:04 PM »
it was nice meeting you.
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the f*cking car.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 05:02:53 AM »
Nice and welcome aboard!  Where'd ya find such a good lookin' console anyway?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

InuitSaffron

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2012, 05:33:30 AM »
Nice and welcome aboard!  Where'd ya find such a good lookin' console anyway?

Well, I used to work at my local used game store. About a year ago I got a call from one of my other stores saying that a guy had called them to see if they were interested in "new" TG-16, the gave him my number since I handled all the high end collectible stuff for our locations. The guy called and he said that he had four systems and some accessories. I didn't believe that the systems could be new, but even if they were used I wanted a couple for my store. He came in a few days later with this huge office chair box and I cracked the box and there were four unopened systems, two new boosters, and a bunch of third party joy sticks. Everything was in great shape. He told me that he had bought the systems back in 90 or 91 when they were marked down at a department store. He had stored them in this box since then. We were not able to come to an agreement through the store (I couldn't offer him enough), but over the summer I ended up buying the systems and boosters from him personally. He was a great guy, real passionate about NEC stuff. I'm working on trying to get a boxed Duo from him for myself.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 05:40:44 AM »
Heh, cool story.  That makes me wish (again) that I wasn't a poor student back when all that stuff was being sold for cheap.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

420GOAT

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2012, 06:21:15 AM »
Heh, cool story.  That makes me wish (again) that I wasn't a poor student back when all that stuff was being sold for cheap.

or spending my cash on partying!!
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the f*cking car.