Author Topic: Forgotten Worlds  (Read 517 times)

Black Tiger

Re: Forgotten Worlds
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2012, 03:21:17 AM »
I still don't have this game on Duo, but I played it on pc emulator and it's a hard game.
I remember playing the arcade long time ago too
Has the Duo version an optios screen? Hard mode/level/music...?

Yes, it does have an Options menu. All that I remember about it is that the sound test includes the Japanese voices.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Obfuscate

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, 08:49:20 AM »
Played it a few more times, game's not so good IMO, although it does have some real nice tunes and decent graphics.

If you could just easily reset the satilight in front of you when it gets out of place it wouldn't be so bad and actually would be really fun. Also, being a arcade game there are some spots that you'll be taking a few hits no matter how well you memorize a pattern, which bugs me about many arcade shooters.

Anyway, made it to the level 7 Boss, plan to chip away until I clear it and the music is probably the only reason why it will be bearable to keep playing.

bartre

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2012, 09:27:05 AM »
aww, i like FW.
that said, never played the PCE version, though i've beaten the Genny version a couple times.

Tatsujin

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2012, 12:40:27 PM »
lol the genny version.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

SuperDeadite

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2012, 12:45:27 PM »
Played it a few more times, game's not so good IMO, although it does have some real nice tunes and decent graphics.

If you could just easily reset the satilight in front of you when it gets out of place it wouldn't be so bad and actually would be really fun. Also, being a arcade game there are some spots that you'll be taking a few hits no matter how well you memorize a pattern, which bugs me about many arcade shooters.

Anyway, made it to the level 7 Boss, plan to chip away until I clear it and the music is probably the only reason why it will be bearable to keep playing.

You need to get the analog :)
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Obfuscate

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2012, 02:56:22 AM »
I figured out how to work the satilight to get it back where I want it. It sure would have been nice if the manual explained it!!

Basically use button 3 (run) to spin all around, when the satilight is in the area you want use button 1 to straighten it out. You need a second or two so you can't do it in crowded areas. Made it much easier, made it to level 8 Boss but need to learn his pattern before I can beat him.

Not that anyone really cares but I like to talk about shooters I'm playing.

geise

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2012, 05:35:25 AM »
Talking about shooters you're playing on a pc-engine/turbo forum is the right thing to do. :D

Obfuscate

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2012, 02:01:11 AM »
Talking about shooters you're playing on a pc-engine/turbo forum is the right thing to do. :D

Thanks.

Here are my final comments on the game. Overall once you learn how to control the satelight and know what weapons to use where the game is pretty fun, not great, but better than average.

I have two main beefs:

1.) The Controls - They are not properly explained in the manual! Using 2+3 rotates the satilight in full circles around you, Using 1+2 keeps the satilight in place, it just rotates the shot in a 360 degree angle. Using the combination of these two is how to properly control your shots. This not being listed in the manual added some undo frustration in early plays.

2.) The Final Boss - Way too unbalanced, the only way I have figured out to beat him is this: You need to find all the large bonus Zenny during the stages to have enough money to buy at least 2 potions plus fully loaded weapons. You also have to get there without losing a life the whole game. Basicaly you need a near perfect run to the final boss so you have 5 lives and full power weapons. Then he will desroy you with those lasers you have to get lucky enough to avoid enough of them before you lose all 5 lives. If anyone has a better stategy I would be super interested in what it could be.

Gogan

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2012, 02:30:37 AM »

Haha yes!
Nothin beats the real thing.

esteban

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2012, 07:09:29 AM »

Exactly!

Obfuscate, I would have happily commented sooner (but you figured things out) had Hurricane Sandy not shat on me.

|    |