Author Topic: So there's this Dino Force alpha version...  (Read 11816 times)

ProfessorProfessorson

Re: So there's this Dino Force alpha version...
« Reply #90 on: November 01, 2012, 02:43:23 PM »
Am I the only one who just shrugs and goes "Whatever. I got lots of other games to deal with. Like 600+ titles!"?

Basically why I said he has no real leverage and asked him why he was really here. Already tons of games on the system, all just as good or way better then Marble Madness as is. I can see people getting somewhat excited, irked, or even depressed over the possible release or unrelease of Dino Force. It would be a new game, looks interesting, is possibly bad ass. Marble Madness is old news though. Been there, done that. By no means is Marble Madness a bad game or nuthin, but its def not something to get overly excited about or roll out the red carpet for.

Sadler

« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2012, 03:20:55 PM »
Well, I guess to be fair a lot of this has to do with nostalgia. I'm still blown away that I can play Double Dragon 2 and Ninja Gaiden on the PCE. I didn't realize that back in the day and even if I did, there was no realistic way I'd get my hands on those games. I did play them on NES though. Marble Madness is similar, but goes back even farther. I remember my buddy getting this for computer back when the NES wasn't much to talk about (hell, may have been before the NES was released, this was a long time ago). It holds a special place in my mind. Even with that though, if I found out a US release of Pong was planned and protos exist for it, I'd lap that shit up. Yeah, Dino Force looks to be more intriguing, but either way Marble Madness is a game I didn't know actually existed and I find that fascinating.

nodtveidt

« Reply #92 on: November 01, 2012, 05:15:41 PM »
Outside of Sadler offering to let me borrow a multi-tap, there hasn't been a single member of this community offering up anything outside of "Gimme TEH ROMZ!"  You get more bees with honey, and more roms with tact.
In all fairness, you're not exactly around a lot. :) This is easily one of the most generous communities in the retro gaming world.

We could certainly do without all the damn cheap shots in this thread though, guys... so not cool.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #93 on: November 01, 2012, 06:24:14 PM »
Wowzers!

Um, anyways, I deffinitely want to see Marble Madness & any other games that never got released, to be released in a physical format.  I love Marble Madness, even though I kinda suck at it.

Maybe I'm nuts, but I'd lap that up if it were Pit Fighter or anyother crummy game that we ended up not getting, but MM ain't a crummy game, & there being a Turbo version is exciting to me.

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #94 on: November 01, 2012, 06:27:47 PM »
Pit Fighter would be interesting to see simply because the only other good home port of it on 16-bit systems was the Genesis one, but only if it would be just as good, or better. If it ended up being crap like THQ Snes port, then forget it, no point.

lord_cack

« Reply #95 on: November 02, 2012, 01:16:05 AM »
Am I the only one who just shrugs and goes "Whatever. I got lots of other games to deal with. Like 600+ titles!"?

Apparently so  :P

The things like saying he has a "$10,000" prototype then turning and saying, well what if I only paid "$1,500" for it.

I mean I have seen people come and go in this community, some of them who ACTUALLY contributed to, real losses over my time here. We are a tough community and if you have been hanging around this community at all over the past near decade, you would know that. You would know what most people in this particular community expect. This shall be the last comment I intend to make, because I think it has honestly gone far enough, the points on both sides have been made and its a mute point he will do what he wants, the community will believe what they choose and we will go on as we always do....
A dark tide will rise and she will walk again. He is coming.....

Tatsujin

« Reply #96 on: November 02, 2012, 01:33:19 AM »
teh word.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Gogan

« Reply #97 on: November 02, 2012, 01:37:54 AM »
Release a physical copy. Give some money to Beagle, everybody wins.
Nothin beats the real thing.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #98 on: November 02, 2012, 03:36:21 AM »
Pit Fighter would be interesting to see simply because the only other good home port of it on 16-bit systems was the Genesis one, but only if it would be just as good, or better. If it ended up being crap like THQ Snes port, then forget it, no point.

I couldn't imagine anyone doing a worse port than THQ did with the SNES port.  I remember how Excited I was to see it finally come out for the SNES after having played and watched it so much in the arcades.  It was such a turd.  ugh.

If I remember correctly, didn't the gameboy or gamegear handhelds get versions released that were actually more playable than the SNES one?

Frank_fjs

« Reply #99 on: November 02, 2012, 05:54:38 AM »
So getting back on topic, Akiba Games is handling the Dino Force sale.

"We will take all offer over 500,000 Yens ONLY, from 1 November to 12 November."

http://moemoe-japan.oxatis.com/PBCPPlayer.asp?ADContext=1&ID=1250110

geise

« Reply #100 on: November 02, 2012, 06:09:18 AM »
So getting back on topic, Akiba Games is handling the Dino Force sale.

"We will take all offer over 500,000 Yens ONLY, from 1 November to 12 November."

http://moemoe-japan.oxatis.com/PBCPPlayer.asp?ADContext=1&ID=1250110

500,000.00 JPY    =    6,211.01 USD

Hmmm...since it's only offers over that price and I'm such a nice guy I think I'll offer 10k.

And on a serious note when was this "100% development-completed prototype."

:?:
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 06:11:10 AM by geise »

shubibiman

« Reply #101 on: November 02, 2012, 06:26:41 AM »
So, who's OK for a funding of a common purchase? I'd be ready to put 100/150$
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #102 on: November 02, 2012, 06:58:25 AM »
For a game I only saw 3 seconds of crammed in with a shity star wars intro, that is supposedly only a alpha copy, umm yeah, no thanks.

Black Tiger

« Reply #103 on: November 02, 2012, 06:58:59 AM »
I'd chip in $100.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

shubibiman

« Reply #104 on: November 02, 2012, 08:57:10 AM »
We can still ask for more pics. And anyway, we'll have to make sure that someone living in Japan can check that the thing is legit. There are enough of trustworthy members living in Japan who can do that for the whole community.
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion