Author Topic: So there's this Dino Force alpha version...  (Read 11823 times)

Frank_fjs

Re: So there's this Dino Force alpha version...
« Reply #120 on: November 02, 2012, 05:22:31 PM »
I mean, them actually showing gameplay is not going to hurt the value unless the game is just utter shit. If it's a good game I mean, then they have no reason not to show more gameplay and boost interest.

To quote from the seller of this game:

"About the video, many people seems to be upset of it cause they can't see anything. We know that only few people can afford this kind of purchase, even we planed to make a 1 minute in game video, we had to canceled it.
The peoples who made offers, told us to do not "share" more informations about it."

It's the selfish attitude of prospective buyers that will keep this game in lock-down. Once purchased we will probably never see or hear anything about it again, until it goes back on the market at an inflated price.

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #121 on: November 02, 2012, 06:24:37 PM »
I mean, them actually showing gameplay is not going to hurt the value unless the game is just utter shit. If it's a good game I mean, then they have no reason not to show more gameplay and boost interest.

"About the video, many people seems to be upset of it cause they can't see anything. We know that only few people can afford this kind of purchase, even we planed to make a 1 minute in game video, we had to canceled it.
The peoples who made offers, told us to do not "share" more informations about it."

It's the selfish attitude of prospective buyers that will keep this game in lock-down. Once purchased we will probably never see or hear anything about it again, until it goes back on the market at an inflated price.

Thats if people really requested that. Sounds like BS. I seriously doubt any real prospective buyers would flat out not want to see what they were getting in advance. That just sounds stupid.

Bonknuts

« Reply #122 on: November 02, 2012, 07:00:58 PM »

Thats if people really requested that. Sounds like BS. I seriously doubt any real prospective buyers would flat out not want to see what they were getting in advance. That just sounds stupid.

This is reminding me more and more of Eat Communism. (Where's that smiley face icon where it's eating popcorn, when I need it?)

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #123 on: November 02, 2012, 07:11:56 PM »

This is reminding me more and more of Eat Communism. (Where's that smiley face icon where it's eating popcorn, when I need it?)

Yeah I know. Thats part of the problem right there, and partially why I'm kinda worried for that matter that that joke may have spawned a potential scam possibly. Leaves a lot up for speculation. At least The Tg and PCE already have a ton of awesome shooters. I imagine if this situation had occurred involving some shooter starved platform like the Jaguar, 32X, or 3DO instead, there would be a lot of anger and some real heavy bitching going on.

shubibiman

« Reply #124 on: November 02, 2012, 10:37:26 PM »
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

lord_cack

« Reply #125 on: November 03, 2012, 01:02:42 AM »
Its in response to this

http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=13443.0

Honestly, I have a great game idea, it may only be one level and may take you about 3 minutes to complete but would you be willing to pay $6,000 dollars to fund it for me?

Im not angry that a person would do this, I just don't understand it because its not how I think. It just kind of blows my mind

The willingness to pay that much for this snipet of game. Why not just say, hey Homebrewers, we will help fund you and your new game ideas (don't get the idea I am asking, Im just creating an alternate point of view)?

A dark tide will rise and she will walk again. He is coming.....

shubibiman

« Reply #126 on: November 03, 2012, 07:12:11 AM »
As long as someone can go and check that the game is legit and really complete, then why not try? It's not like we're gonna pay whatever happens. If it's just level 1, then there's no way we're gonna buy it.

And I can tell you a lot of french fans would be glad to participe in a kickstarter anytimes a homebrew team goes for it.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 08:13:40 AM by shubibiman »
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

TheClash603

« Reply #127 on: November 03, 2012, 09:16:31 AM »
Just read through this thread and I will admit it is weird as hell when people get an undiscovered game and want it all for themselves.

The second I find something fun, I like to share it with everyone.  This one time happened with an odd Famicom pirate I found.  All the people on Famicom World asked to see more and I showed without hesitation.

There is this weird rich spoiled brat syndrome amongst the 1% equivalent of gamers that is disgusting.  These are people I would never want to sit down and beat Cadash with (do they even play the games?), nonetheless even talk to.

Hope if the buyer is one of these lame asses they choke on the game, at least it will be going to good use when no one else can see it :)

Mathius

« Reply #128 on: November 03, 2012, 04:08:27 PM »
Holy f*ck  [-( It's rich dingleberries like that that make me ashamed of my community. At least I know you guys have some decency.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

geise

« Reply #129 on: November 05, 2012, 01:48:32 AM »
Has DavidG moved onto PC-Engine now?  :-k

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #130 on: November 05, 2012, 02:22:54 AM »
I ain't paying shit for this crap.

I vote everyone take their fundraiser offering and take it to the Sinistron relief fund thread.   Pretty sure we need to help him out more than we need a probably-shitty game.

Why not cancel all your purchases in life and donate everything you have to those less fortunate than yourself?

People choosing to do spend their money on one thing doesn't take away from anything else. You might as well spam every buy/sell thread on the forum too since that takes away money from Sinistron just as much.

Jeeze.  My point is all that money would be better spent helping a community member get back on his feet.  Nevermind some dumb prototype.  ACTUAL turbob shit was hosed by a storm.  Stuff worth way more than this retarded game. :) 

Your strawman argument is broken.  This is a fundraiser to get the game prototype.   There is currently a more worthy fund raiser on this forum,and I am willing to bet money that the dumb prototype has more money pledged.   

It's cool and all that we want to get a prototype dumped, but it's not like its going to be a fun game.  One of us could probably look at screenshots and recreate a better prototype and just pass that stupid thing around instead.

There are cooler f*ckin prototypes/unreleased games that I might give more shits about than this one.

I'm thrilled some people here want to throw out 50-100$ to get the thing.   Maybe I will check the dumped rom out and play it and laugh at it.

[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

lord_cack

« Reply #131 on: November 05, 2012, 12:03:35 PM »

I'm thrilled some people here want to throw out 50-100$ to get the thing.

Maybe the price of Homebrew just went up :P .... no, thats not true. But its funny....
A dark tide will rise and she will walk again. He is coming.....

MotherGunner

« Reply #132 on: November 05, 2012, 12:08:00 PM »
Unless Thibaut buys it, someone will eventually dump the rom.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #133 on: November 19, 2012, 03:43:52 AM »
Has any new info on this popped up? Last I heard the owner wasn't willing to let people see/play it in person prior to sell, and there was some other drama going on due to that and other things, and the sale eventually got snuffed after the Op started editing and removing his own post.

Otaking

« Reply #134 on: November 19, 2012, 05:14:52 AM »
This thread and the Assembler one makes me sad, I feel sorry for the Japanese bloke naively thinking it was a good idea to sell the game to Westerners on the internet.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 05:25:43 AM by HardcoreOtaku »