Author Topic: Is Sandy going to kill us?  (Read 1976 times)

esteban

Re: Is Sandy going to kill us?
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2012, 05:38:33 AM »
NORTHERN NJ CHECK-IN: It's a gorgeous, ominous overcast day so far. I still haven't cleaned up the leaves. The family's gonna go for a nice hike, instead. Gorgeous out here. Hopefully, my super-tall pine trees (over 100') will still be standing a few days from now... I lost one to lightning a few years ago. I was sad.

subways will close at 7pm tonite. if i can't go to work, it will be a marathon gaming session tomorrow (GBA is charged in case of power loss).  :mrgreen:

Yup! I was so happy to hear Bloomberg announce everything this morning. With mass transit closed, I DON'T HAVE TO COMMUTE TO MANHATTAN TOMORROW!

Of course, if my basement floods, I'm f*cked. What a nasty mess to clean up. Not worth a week off from work, to be honest. So, NO FLOODING BASEMENT. Repeat: no flooding basement.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 07:03:11 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

turbokon

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2012, 05:58:29 AM »
Armageddon?  Get your batteries to keep your TE and gameboy powered.  :D
Seriously though, good luck to all if you are in the path. If I don't make it, Turbokon has my address, he can come over and raffle my TG (and other) collections. I keep it all very safe and it has a chance to survive even if I don't.

I'm not gonna raffle it off. I'll just keep them for myself, hehehe:)

I hope it misses you guys. I'll get to experience these thing soon enough, I might be moving to savannah, Georgia.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

bob

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2012, 09:45:46 AM »
NH/MA CHECK IN:  driving on 495 in NH now on my way back to RI.  Just some rain, but tons of emergency vehicles on the roads which is good to see (I guess).

turboswimbz

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2012, 10:20:48 AM »
JERSEY SHORE CHECK IN:  windy.  driving rain, ocean high and churning.  nothing too bad, just waiting at this point to see how bad she'll get.  barrier islands evacuated about an hour ago.   :pray:

Futher update almost 8pm.  just went outside, Wind gusts now unbearable.  Rain less of an issue. water still rising . . . tomorrow's tides could be killer. looks like most of our beaches will have serious erosion. storm track now heading directly for the area.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 12:57:48 PM by turboswimbz »
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

HercTNT

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2012, 10:28:24 AM »
NH check in: nothing so far, not expecting hell to break loose until tommorrow night. I have my Gt charged up thanks to Duo-r.:)

Chuplayer

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2012, 12:29:14 PM »
Central NJ.

Some light spritzers of rain earlier, but nothing for a few hours. I'd only be in the outskirts area of the storm anyway, so maybe I'm located in an area where there's a break in activity.

I moved some things upstairs. Not a whole lot. After last year, I started keeping things a bit higher normally. My basement doesn't get a huge amount of water regardless.

OldSchoolGamer

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2012, 12:47:27 PM »
North Shore MA check in:..light winds...light on and off showers...nothing really at all going on at this moment...The action will prob be best tomorrow im thinkin...
(14:42:34) OSG: real life should have such things as achievements
(14:43:11) OSG: You just banged 2 girls at once.... ACHIEVEMENT!
(14:43:48) chop5: not only that,theres gonna be hidden adds too
(14:47:59) OSG: You ate a girl out...ACHIEVEMENT! (in the background theres a poster... "Hungry? Come eat at TGI FRIDAYS!"

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2012, 12:53:08 PM »
f*ck this shit, Im heading to work!!  :)

bob

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2012, 02:14:33 PM »
Just got home, pretty quiet in RI.

tpivette

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2012, 02:44:08 PM »
I'll be heading into work in the next 8 hours. Not too worried about that, but the trip home 10 hours later I'm more concerned about. The storm should be kicking ass by then.

Alls pretty quiet right now in northern Delaware, just some light/steady rain.
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

420GOAT

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2012, 03:54:30 PM »
you guys be cool.
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the f*cking car.

nodtveidt

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2012, 06:48:47 PM »
This storm is a wimp. :) We've had tropical storms down here with more bite than Sandy! :)

No seriously... y'all stay safe. I know that the area it's headed for isn't really designed for hurricanes, unlike here where cat 5s are a mere inconvenience.

TR0N

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2012, 07:11:58 PM »
I'm pretty much inland,far as being in maryland go's and about the only thing i am worry about is a power outage.

Still hurricane sandy has shut down schools and the government down in washington dc.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 07:18:28 PM by TR0N »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

jperryss

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2012, 01:52:07 AM »
RI here, so far just some rain and modest winds.

turboswimbz

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2012, 02:04:56 AM »
So far all good, looks to be nothing more than a big long rain storm, wind has become steady but managable.  flooding held off for the most part during this AM high tide.  just a few more cycles to make it through.  nothing to it but to wait till this one's through.  The evening will be the real test.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.