Author Topic: Is Sandy going to kill us?  (Read 1962 times)

nectarsis

Re: Is Sandy going to kill us?
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2012, 09:11:04 AM »
Not sure how it is for others here living on east coast so far, but Sinistron living in NY, pretty much sounds like he lost everything. His area got destroyed/flooded neck high, etc, and from what his neighbor had told him, their homes were not spared. Tim being in NH, hope he is doing ok himself.

Damn....and the last one took out enough as it was :\
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

geise

« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2012, 04:31:27 AM »
Damn, that sucks ass.  Let us know how Sini is doing. :(

nodtveidt

« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2012, 10:02:28 PM »
Yeah, definitely keep us updated about Sini... and everyone who can, help out! :) (please)

nodtveidt

« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2012, 01:56:09 PM »
Anyone got any updates on the well-being of Sini?

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2012, 01:57:55 PM »
He has been slowly trying to get shit out of the apartment that he can save. Landlord is being unsympathetic over the issues currently taking place. Also, he is waiting for Fema to get back in contact with him.

nodtveidt

« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2012, 02:26:14 PM »
Landlords suck. :( Let's set up a "help Sini" fund. :)

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2012, 03:18:10 PM »
I can drop him a message and see how he feels about it. He posted that he is currently needing tips for finding a decent priced rental apartment or whatever. I know for sure though if he is able to salvage any of his games and movies he is going to need another TG Cd or Duo, and Booray player.  I am not sure about him and his wife's clothes, if he is going to be able to save any or not. Just going to have to ask him. Also, anyone else here on the forum get hit in a bad way by Sandy?

nodtveidt

« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2012, 04:33:57 PM »
I know nothing about that area but I'd be willing to throw some cash and maybe some stuff into the pot to help out.

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2012, 04:59:38 PM »
I know nothing about that area but I'd be willing to throw some cash and maybe some stuff into the pot to help out.

Yeah I didn't want to say anything yet until i was sure I knew what him and Sue were needing, their complete situation, etc, but I had marked up that last huge batch of movies fairly cheap in my "stuff I don't want" thread. Whatever ends up selling, the money goes to Sini if it ends up he needs it. I know hes been overwhelmed over the past week, so I didn't want to hassle him about it all, figured he'd need some time to assess the damage.

Sadler

« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2012, 05:20:02 PM »
If anyone on this site needs help, please let me know. The most I can offer our east coast brothers is $, but I don't want to see any of us struggle. Please let me know how I can help.

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2012, 05:23:46 PM »
If anyone on this site needs help, please let me know. The most I can offer our east coast brothers is $, but I don't want to see any of us struggle. Please let me know how I can help.

Me too.  Keep us posted Mike. 

Sparky

« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2012, 02:22:26 AM »
Ya I have been seeing Sini's posts as well, i don't even know what to say to him as him loosing so much, i dont think a sorry cuts it. I did send him a pm today and Prof that's a hell of a nice thing to do. Sini is a good guy I just shake my head when he updates us on what he is seeing and going through. :(

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2012, 02:26:18 AM »
would be nice to do a pce/turbo game drive for him once he gets settled again.
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

TheClash603

« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2012, 09:25:18 AM »

I am down for that.  Even a few bucks each should allow him to get some of what he lost back.  I know it is just games, but anything to put a smile on someones face in a bad time would be nice.

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2012, 09:45:03 AM »

I am down for that.  Even a few bucks each should allow him to get some of what he lost back.  I know it is just games, but anything to put a smile on someones face in a bad time would be nice.
Yeah I was thinking games specifically cause it's nice to go to something like games and hobbies to get your mind off things when life throws you a curveball.
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint