Author Topic: Is Sandy going to kill us?  (Read 1958 times)

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
Re: Is Sandy going to kill us?
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2012, 11:07:42 AM »
I know nothing about that area but I'd be willing to throw some cash and maybe some stuff into the pot to help out.

Yeah I didn't want to say anything yet until i was sure I knew what him and Sue were needing, their complete situation, etc, but I had marked up that last huge batch of movies fairly cheap in my "stuff I don't want" thread. Whatever ends up selling, the money goes to Sini if it ends up he needs it. I know hes been overwhelmed over the past week, so I didn't want to hassle him about it all, figured he'd need some time to assess the damage.

That was my thought, and why I didn't bother posting anything.

especially since Sinistron probably thinks I am retarded and doesn't want to hear my nonsense.  If you didn't want to hassle him, I sure am glad I didn't! hah.

Anyway, that really sucks that his landlord is being unsympathetic.   

I will definitely see what spare stuff I can offer to him. 

Maybe we should get it all together as a secret santa thing too, and make his Christmas extra special.

Unless he's a satanist or something. 
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2012, 11:36:21 AM »
Yeah the irony is he got flooded last year due to a storm too, but last time it was just maybe a foot or something, so it didn't destroy too much. I was able to send him a replacement power supply for the TG CD and a gamepad, but obviously now that stuff was sent in vain since this new storm decided to fill the entire place with water close to the ceiling.

turboswimbz

« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2012, 03:14:45 PM »
well those pictures of the NJ shore is where I live . . . so much destruction . . . no words . . . just got power and internet back today after 5 days in the cold and dark.  Helping those that I can, emotinal exhuasted.  If anyone was trying to get ahold of me I'm sorry, give me some time, might be a week or two but I will get back to everyone.   
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2012, 03:57:06 PM »
Yeah the irony is he got flooded last year due to a storm too, but last time it was just maybe a foot or something, so it didn't destroy too much. I was able to send him a replacement power supply for the TG CD and a gamepad, but obviously now that stuff was sent in vain since this new storm decided to fill the entire place with water close to the ceiling.

fuuuuuuuuuuck.   That sucks.   

There's a Deep Blue joke in there somewhere.

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2012, 04:11:49 PM »

fuuuuuuuuuuck.   That sucks.   

There's a Deep Blue joke in there somewhere.

Yeah. I know he loves the old TG CD combo, but this time around he will prob have to settle for a region modded duo or something when he gets settled in and ready to game again. His Mac also got soaked, and all his current music work about was on it. A tech guy who works for his moms law firm is going to remove the hard drive so he can get it sent in to a data recovery center.

BlueBMW

« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2012, 04:48:08 PM »
I shot him a message on facebook offering a US Duo.  I've got a diving board adapter that can go with it.  (just don't have time to fuss with doing a region mod right now)  I know it will be a little while til he gets settled back into a place, but for when he does.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2012, 05:04:27 PM »
I shot him a message on facebook offering a US Duo.  I've got a diving board adapter that can go with it.  (just don't have time to fuss with doing a region mod right now)  I know it will be a little while til he gets settled back into a place, but for when he does.

Awesome man. :)

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2012, 02:12:58 AM »
Saint BMW, doing his paladin-deeds, yet again!

I had spilled pepsi on a mac once, and tried soaking it in water to wash the pepsi out before it corroded/left sticky goo.

It didn't work, and so I couldn't lie and say "dang it just stopped working!", but I pulled the HDD out.   It's in my PS3.  Still works fine!

I'd bet his is OK too.

420GOAT

« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2012, 05:28:19 AM »

thats the coolest!!
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the f*cking car.

thesteve

« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2012, 07:45:24 AM »
please dont toss your water damaged games/systems
if it was off its likely saveable.

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2012, 07:49:59 AM »
Yeah thats what I told Sini when it happened. Figured most of the stuff could be saved given I salvage electronics all the time. I think his game system though got toppled over, and a lot of the cd titles got crushed and damaged, etc from stuff falling everywhere.

thesteve

« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2012, 07:52:56 AM »
i got flooded in 97
i lost a walkman and some CD's
the CD's got holes in the plating.
all else was saved

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2012, 07:54:02 AM »
Im not sure how corrosive salt and stuff is to electronics.   I know basic water from the sink won't damage anything if you kill the power and wait awhile.

I've dropped my DS in the toilet and it still works, lol.

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2012, 07:59:59 AM »
Yeah Steve I told him he could prob save some of the disc, even if he couldn't save the paperwork, but he'd have to get them cleaned off and dried pretty fast. That flood water can be pretty corrosive depending on what all is in it and if it sits long enough. Unfortunately some of the stuff was just too trashed from stuff toppling over and all from the rising water, so he couldn't save all the disc games, and still wont know for sure about the hu-card stuff until he is able to try them out.

turbokon

« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2012, 08:06:03 AM »

I'll be happy to region mod that duo for him if you need me to.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com