Author Topic: Is Sandy going to kill us?  (Read 1979 times)

bob

Is Sandy going to kill us?
« on: October 27, 2012, 03:02:05 PM »
Armageddon?  Get your batteries to keep your TE and gameboy powered.  :D
Seriously though, good luck to all if you are in the path. If I don't make it, Turbokon has my address, he can come over and raffle my TG (and other) collections. I keep it all very safe and it has a chance to survive even if I don't.

Lost Monkey

Re: Is Sandy going to kill us?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 03:04:14 PM »
I am spending the next couple of hours moving things in my basement - just in case I get a little water...

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 03:15:50 PM »
Ha now you know how I feel living in Florida and getting all the hurricanes and scares. After a while they aint no biggie.
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

Sadler

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 03:46:47 PM »
Stay safe guys! :)

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 04:22:05 PM »
I get to come to work in it!!! 

Jibbajaba

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2012, 05:04:41 PM »
I hope you guys all end up OK.  Keep us posted.

Chris

HercTNT

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 05:12:13 PM »
Its going to collide with a cold front from canada over New England. Last time that happened to us it was pretty hairy. Hope all stay safe.

Deletion

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2012, 07:10:31 PM »
I work for a telecommunications firm and it must be open and manned 24/7 because it's a utility company. An email came down from the COO that the storm was not an excuse to call out sick. Even if there is a power outage, the building will be up & running because not only is it tied directly into an energy substation but also has a large backup generator. Yay...

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2012, 07:23:43 PM »
Damn, hang in there guys!

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2012, 07:46:10 PM »
I work for a telecommunications firm and it must be open and manned 24/7 because it's a utility company. An email came down from the COO that the storm was not an excuse to call out sick. Even if there is a power outage, the building will be up & running because not only is it tied directly into an energy substation but also has a large backup generator. Yay...

When the state Governor has issued a State of Emergency, it is against the law for a company to hold against you time missed during that time.  A state of emergency is just that, and is issued for safety reason.  Of course, places of employment dont make that known.  Or maybe not.  Hell, Im not even sure about it now.  I ma getting varied answers.  Either way, if I didnt feel safe in my hour drive to work, because of weather, my ass stays home. 
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 08:00:40 PM by Bernie »

esteban

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2012, 12:38:11 AM »
I have a few gallons of extra water and that's about it. I need to get some food because our fridge is bare. I'm not particularly worried, but I need to rake up the 50-60 bags of leaves I have sitting on my front lawn. At the very least, I'll be cleaning my driveway of leaves today whilst listening to Unshackled! (radio drama) on my electronic media device.

THE END IS NIGH.

I am spending the next couple of hours moving things in my basement - just in case I get a little water...

I have lots of stuff in plastic bins in the basement. I pray that my we don't lose electricity, though, because my sump pump keeps the basement dry. Generator? No, I don't need that. Doh.
  |    | 

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2012, 01:43:28 AM »

I work for a telecom companty too and we have contractors who make a killing doing post hurricane clean up. They'll even travel several states over to do it.
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

turboswimbz

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2012, 03:19:46 AM »
Ahhh. On the Jersey shore, it's getting pretty dark, waves and tides are higher than they'ge ever been.  Got me some food and water just as an incase.  Gonna ride this out and hope flooding isn't bad round the state.  Not expecting too much damage other than the beaches, and some flooding. Basically not going g to tempt fate, but I'm not worried...yet.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

tpivette

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2012, 04:16:43 AM »
Hope the Jersey beaches make it through this... I vacation there every summer with my family. Been going to LBI since I was a toddler, and now I've been taking my 3 year old there. Fun times... just hope theres a beach to visit next year.

I feel you guys on the "going to work thing", as I have to show up no matter the weather conditions. Even in a state of emergency... if a cop pulls me over for driving during the emergency, I just show him my ID and he has to let me continue. Really sucks...
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

TurboCro

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2012, 04:29:56 AM »
subways will close at 7pm tonite. if i can't go to work, it will be a marathon gaming session tomorrow (GBA is charged in case of power loss).  :mrgreen: