Author Topic: Is Sandy going to kill us?  (Read 1961 times)

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
Re: Is Sandy going to kill us?
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2012, 08:10:56 AM »
I've got a free Insanity + Soundtrack with his name on it when he's ready for it.

Hopefully China Warrior survived. 
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

thesteve

« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2012, 08:24:26 AM »
its a huey, it should be fine

BlueBMW

« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2012, 03:20:47 PM »
I shot him a message on facebook offering a US Duo.  I've got a diving board adapter that can go with it.  (just don't have time to fuss with doing a region mod right now)  I know it will be a little while til he gets settled back into a place, but for when he does.

I'll be happy to region mod that duo for him if you need me to.

I might take you up on that!  I'll include the mod chip itself.  Its just the time to do it that I dont have :P
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

turbokon

« Reply #78 on: November 05, 2012, 03:54:10 PM »
Anytime man, shit I still owe you for lending the LT to me.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2012, 04:36:28 PM »
I was just going to ask if anyone's seen Esteban, & here he showed up today & posted several times!

esteban

« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2012, 05:23:22 PM »
First, I hope everyone who got pulverized by Sandy is managing OK.

I know a lot of folks who were dealt a bad hand by Mother Nature this past week--I see Sinistron was yet another one. Sorry to hear that.

I was just going to ask if anyone's seen Esteban, & here he showed up today & posted several times!

I just got my power back today, a few hours shy of a week (7 horrible f*cking days) without power/heat. It was getting really cold the past few days, too.

My 15-month-old twins were sleeping/napping in their snowsuits to stay warm. Their noses/cheeks were ice-cold, but otherwise they are tough little bastards. Saturday and Sunday night was too cold (dropping below freezing) so we stayed with a friend with a generator. Holy sh*t the heat felt nice. We still spent our days back at home (to give our hosts a break) and the novelty of "camping inside your house" wore off pretty quickly.

I'll spare you the details about saving spoiling food for meals and all the complications of no traffic lights functioning, no businesses open, no ATM's operating to dispense cash (should you find a business open, it's cash only), etc. etc.

Thankfully, though, no major damage to my home.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 05:31:16 PM by esteban »
  |    | 

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2012, 07:36:47 PM »
Sounds like oodles of fun.  Sheesh, I'm glad you guys toughed it out!  Hopefully everyone affected can ever so gradually settle back in as best as possible.

soop

« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2012, 10:55:00 PM »
Glad everyone's all safe.  Sorry for anyone who's having a crappy time right now, hopefully it will end up as a great anecdote later, if nothing else.

turboswimbz

« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2012, 11:08:09 PM »
Good to see your safe esteban.  The shore fared little better I'm afraid.  Anyway, th.e state is still a bit of a mess, will be traveling north today, hopefully power will be back up where I need to go.  Also i understand Worse part for me has been lack ot heat and power,(okay the worse part has actually been the emotional toll of friends and family. Losing their houses but I thank my luck that personally it was just lack of power that I had to deal with) I haven't been able to work in almost 2 weeks,  so no paycheck.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

Chuplayer

« Reply #84 on: November 09, 2012, 12:33:45 PM »
I got my power back last Sunday, but I didn't get my computer back up and running until this morning. I'm still cleaning up a lot in the basement, but it's nothing compared to what some other people in my area went though. I lost some PS2, PS3, and GCN cases, instructions, and inserts (discs got wet but are fine) and a few other odds and ends, but other people lost everything in their homes, if not their entire homes :( Oh, and I lost my PCE Duo's power supply, but I can use my Genesis 2 power supply in the meantime. I'm going to check it out a little later just to make sure it all works. Then I'll get another power supply.

nodtveidt

« Reply #85 on: November 10, 2012, 08:40:20 AM »
Im not sure how corrosive salt and stuff is to electronics.
Where I live, the salt in the *air* is enough to corrode electronics, if given enough time. Exposed metal starts to rust after only about a month, and large metal objects can turn to dust in just a few years. CDs can become useless if left out for about two months, and even when stored, they can completely degrade after about 5 or so years. The salt concentration in the air is several thousands of times less than the salt concentration in salt water, so that should give you a rough indication of how damaging it can be.

geise

« Reply #86 on: November 10, 2012, 09:04:15 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear about all the shit you guys are going through up there. :(   It's good to know some of you are doing alright considering all that has happened.  :|

turboswimbz

« Reply #87 on: November 10, 2012, 12:01:06 PM »
I got my power back last Sunday, but I didn't get my computer back up and running until this morning. I'm still cleaning up a lot in the basement, but it's nothing compared to what some other people in my area went though. I lost some PS2, PS3, and GCN cases, instructions, and inserts (discs got wet but are fine) and a few other odds and ends, but other people lost everything in their homes, if not their entire homes :( Oh, and I lost my PCE Duo's power supply, but I can use my Genesis 2 power supply in the meantime. I'm going to check it out a little later just to make sure it all works. Then I'll get another power supply.

Hmmm let me check I might have a PCE duo supply floating around here somewhere. . . if I do I might be able to get it to you, (depending how far you are from New Brunswick) although it seems like your not in too much of a bind since you've got the genesis supply.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

Chuplayer

« Reply #88 on: November 11, 2012, 02:27:39 AM »

Hmmm let me check I might have a PCE duo supply floating around here somewhere. . . if I do I might be able to get it to you, (depending how far you are from New Brunswick) although it seems like your not in too much of a bind since you've got the genesis supply.

Thanks, man, but I've already got another Genesis 2 power supply on the way. My old power supply works, too. I played some Lords of Thunder last Friday.

It looks like the only power supply I lost this time was my 360 Slim's. A replacement for that is also on its way :)

I lost my SNES power supply last year, but that's been taken care of for over a year already.