Author Topic: Alfred's Game Room in Progress  (Read 488 times)

finerion

Alfred's Game Room in Progress
« on: October 28, 2012, 04:25:25 PM »
I've been working on my game room for some time now and things are finally starting to come together. This past weekend I was able to get some serious organization done and, while not yet complete, the room is definitely ready for it's debut.

Check out the video tour here.

Systems Owned:  Amiga, Atari 2600/Lynx, Wonderswan Color, Dreamcast, Gameboy Advance/SP, Game Gear, N64, NES, Neo Geo Pocket Color, Nintendo DS/DSiXL, Panasonic 3DO, PS 1/2 Slim, Master System, Genesis 1/2, Sega CD 2, Saturn, SNES/SF, TG16, Wii, XBox/360

Check out new episodes of The Alfred Effect

FiftyQuid

Re: Alfred's Game Room in Progress
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 02:50:32 AM »
You're room looks nearly as good as mine did when I was just getting started.  Well... minus the baby equipment in my room.  :)  Yours still kicks ass over mine with that NEO-GEO stand up.  God I wish I could convince my wife to get a pinball/cocktail/stand up arcade.   :cry:
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 03:09:30 AM »
You're room looks nearly as good as mine did when I was just getting started.  Well... minus the baby equipment in my room.  :)  Yours still kicks ass over mine with that NEO-GEO stand up.  God I wish I could convince my wife to get a pinball/cocktail/stand up arcade.   :cry:
You dont ask you just bring it home and put it in the house when shes gone.
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

finerion

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 04:00:22 AM »

Thanks man. It is still a work in progress and a most of my gaming stuff is still packed up, but it is getting there slowly but surely. :)
Systems Owned:  Amiga, Atari 2600/Lynx, Wonderswan Color, Dreamcast, Gameboy Advance/SP, Game Gear, N64, NES, Neo Geo Pocket Color, Nintendo DS/DSiXL, Panasonic 3DO, PS 1/2 Slim, Master System, Genesis 1/2, Sega CD 2, Saturn, SNES/SF, TG16, Wii, XBox/360

finerion

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 04:01:18 AM »

I am very fortunate and lucky that my wife has been completely supportive of my bringing the cabinet in. It helps that I got an amazing deal for a whole lot of various cabs and was able to sell the others off for a profit so this baby is basically free. :)

HercTNT

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 05:04:02 AM »
The Neo cabinet sucks, i will give you my address. Ship it to me and i promise to dispose of it properly :wink:.  cool that your wifes supportive. We had a Vs. Dr Mario arcade cabinet in our house for a few years. Eventually got rid of it as we needed the space. Wife did not want to get rid of it, but eventually got tired of walking around it.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 05:09:22 AM »
Nice, finerion.  I like seeing rooms like these that aren't quite so neat with everything in its place - it makes me feel better about also having piles of boxes that I can't find a permanent home.  :mrgreen:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

finerion

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 06:41:28 AM »
The Neo cabinet sucks, i will give you my address. Ship it to me and i promise to dispose of it properly :wink:.  cool that your wifes supportive. We had a Vs. Dr Mario arcade cabinet in our house for a few years. Eventually got rid of it as we needed the space. Wife did not want to get rid of it, but eventually got tired of walking around it.

I've actually got a one slot out in the garage that needs some board work. Just gets a blank white screen. As soon as it is fixed up I'm going to put it in "storage" over at a friend's house. :)

I've always been intrigued by the VS machines. I think this Neo Geo was originally a Playchoice 10 since it has a real nice Nintendo monitor  installed and the drawer would be the perfect height for that system.

finerion

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 06:42:39 AM »
Nice, finerion.  I like seeing rooms like these that aren't quite so neat with everything in its place - it makes me feel better about also having piles of boxes that I can't find a permanent home.  :mrgreen:

Yeah, even when I get finished it is still going to be a little disorganized. I've seen some game rooms that look more like museums than actual rooms where you would game. I'm definitely going for functional over fashionable. :)

420GOAT

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 07:04:54 AM »
SWEET! I hope to have a gameroom soon.
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the f*cking car.

FiftyQuid

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2012, 07:18:04 AM »
This would mean death.

I am very fortunate and lucky that my wife has been completely supportive of my bringing the cabinet in. It helps that I got an amazing deal for a whole lot of various cabs and was able to sell the others off for a profit so this baby is basically free. :)
My wife is supportive, to a degree.  I had a nice deal lined up on a T2 stand-up arcade, but I couldn't get it past my wife.  Consoles are one thing, but a full blow arcade machine is a whole different ballgame.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

finerion

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2012, 08:03:39 AM »
SWEET! I hope to have a gameroom soon.

It really is the best. :)

finerion

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2012, 08:05:09 AM »
This would mean death.

My wife is supportive, to a degree.  I had a nice deal lined up on a T2 stand-up arcade, but I couldn't get it past my wife.  Consoles are one thing, but a full blow arcade machine is a whole different ballgame.

I admit that I have been working on the arcade cabinet angle with my wife for a few years and while she has never had a problem with the idea of it the cost and location have always kept the dream from coming true.

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2012, 08:27:55 AM »
I am very fortunate and lucky that my wife has been completely supportive of my bringing the cabinet in.

She must be quite strong :)
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

Gogan

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2012, 08:29:11 AM »

It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission :-D
Nothin beats the real thing.