Author Topic: price check tg 16 w/cd express and games  (Read 433 times)

Crazyfingers123

price check tg 16 w/cd express and games
« on: October 31, 2012, 03:09:45 AM »
Hello all this  is my first post so first off id like to say hello.
Now I am a collector and a reseller of vintage games.  I recently stumbled upon a tg 16 w cd in the hard case.  It came with 1 controller a turbo stick and a multi tap.  Also I got a boxed express minus inserts.  The games are alien crush, fighting street,jb Harold murder club Victory run, Alien crush, Bloody wolf, Keith courage in Alpha zones, Bonk’s adventure, Bonk’s revenge, > >Splatterhouse, Power golf, World class baseball, Dungeon explorer, Impossamole, China warrior, Vigilante and sports ball.   

If you guys could give me some advice on how to sell it (separately our as a lot) and some values I would be very appreciative.
Thanks all!

Sadler

Re: price check tg 16 w/cd express and games
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 03:18:19 AM »
Sell the TG16, CD and hard case to me for $25. Video yourself smashing China Warrior and send it to Arkhan. Sell remaining games for $5/each.

fsa

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 03:25:54 AM »
Hey, for the right price I would buy the TG CD, Express and a few games. I already sent you an email. Let me know. I am located in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada. thanks
Looking for TG16 games I don't have already.

Crazyfingers123

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 03:31:54 AM »
Hey, for the right price I would buy the TG CD, Express and a few games. I already sent you an email. Let me know. I am located in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada. thanks

Im definitely not opposed to selling it here my problem is I don't know the right price.  I've had quotes for as high as 400 for the lot.

jelloslug

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 03:38:18 AM »
$400 is pushing it for the TG-16 with the CD.  There are tons of them at that price point on ebay that never sell.  Look at it this way:  There was a very clean TG-16 with the CD ROM, the box for the TG-16, and the CD-ROM had been completely refurbished (something that is commonly needed on these unit) as well as a few other items that sold here last week for $250.  None of the games you have are rare or hard to find and you need to check the turboexpress for the common issues with sound and video before pricing it.

Crazyfingers123

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 04:01:10 AM »
As far as I can tell the express works very well.  The sound and video are both fine.  Also everything works fairly well, should I consider having the systems refurbished or tuned up?

bartre

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 04:34:49 AM »
most likely, it's a pretty common issue, it will more than likely show up sooner or later.
or you can sell it as is, probably make about the same money and save the effort/time/investment of doing it yourself or having someone else do it.

as far as pricing on the rest, i'd say

system w/CD ~$250
alien crush $5
fighting street $10
jb Harold murder club $10
Victory run $5
Bloody wolf $10
Keith courage in Alpha zones $nada
Bonk’s adventure $10
Bonk’s revenge $15
Splatterhouse $15
Power golf $5
World class baseball $5
Dungeon explorer $5-10
Impossamole $5-10
China warrior $5
Vigilante $5

that said, i'd be interested in both of the bonk games, provided Bonk's revenge is complete.

420GOAT

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 04:50:07 AM »
ill take it all at 40 dollars!!! no really though, what did you get it for? are you aiming at making 25-30-40-50-60-100-200 percent off potential future freinds or whats the deal? i thought you were a collector seller so why do you need pricing.
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the f*cking car.

Crazyfingers123

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 04:55:58 AM »
Thanks bartre very helpful, not sure how I'm selling everything yet and I'm not sure if it's bonks or bonks revenge is complete I know one of the two is but it's in a different jewel case with manual.

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 07:28:51 AM »
Crazy, I got your PM, and just figured I would respond here.  :)  I sold my TG16/CD setup to a fellow forum member for $250.00, plus shipping.  Keep in mind however, that this particular CD unit had been completely refurbished, and the TG16 was a boxed holiday box unit in MINT condition.  I also threw in an extra controller along with a 6 foot extension cord for it.  This unit came with the original system card, not the 3.0 that was required to run Super CD's.  If someone has quoted you $400 for it, by all means sell it to them for that!  lol   However, my advice?  Sell the TG-16 with CD attachment and games together as a lot, someone here will certainly grab it up and have one of our techs here refurbish the system.  As far as the Express, I have no experience with those, but it is sure to need some cap work done to it.  That is something someone else here would be more qualified to answer.  For the TG16 and CD setup with case and games, I would think $200-$250 shipped would be a good asking price.   :wink:

I just realized your PM said, "without the box".  I am assuming that you are referring to the hard black clamshell case that the unit is stored in.  Mine also included this, I just forgot to take a picture of it.  I believe I stated that in my for sale thread, but I am not sure...   :-k  Anyway, I hope I have been of some help. 
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 07:31:40 AM by Bernie »

vestcoat

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2012, 07:43:34 AM »
What kind of collector/reseller are you if you have no idea what any of this is worth and no idea if your games are even complete?

Crazyfingers123

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2012, 09:40:35 AM »
What kind of collector/reseller are you if you have no idea what any of this is worth and no idea if your games are even complete?
I Mostly collect nintendo stuff this is the first tg I've ever found

vestcoat

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2012, 10:05:48 AM »
Fair enough. I'd recommend keeping it and playing it for awhile. Maybe sell the Express and CD unit if you need the cash, but the TG deck and games are worth less than the fun that can be had if you keep them.

FYI - the AC power supply for the CD attachment is rather rare and affects the value of the overall CD-ROM quite a bit.

Welcome to the forums!

420GOAT

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2012, 11:19:19 AM »
EXPRESSES ARE THE SHIT!!
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the f*cking car.

Jibbajaba

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2012, 11:38:07 AM »
I'd love to buy the Turbo Express if the price is right.  PM me, if you want.

Chris