Author Topic: It's Halloween, time to play some Splatterhouse  (Read 765 times)

Keith Courage

Re: It's Halloween, time to play some Splatterhouse
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2012, 10:17:45 AM »
Because Michael Jacksons Moonwalker was awesome!

MrFlutterPie

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2012, 10:39:57 AM »
SH for the Genesis is great!  The 2nd one is like the first so if you like the first the second is really good.  Sega also let all he gore into the 2nd one.  When I first played it a few years back even I was shocked that it was released with that much gore circa 1992. 

The 3rd one is good as well.  It plays more like a traditional beat em up like SOR and Final Fight.  Lots of different endings, multiple paths and a bunch more new fighting moves.

The modern one was disappointing but the famicom one is a lot of fun as well.

So all retro SH gets a yay from me but modern gets a nay.

Keranu

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2012, 03:20:23 PM »
Man I never seen that Splattehouse commerical before, I don't know how I could've missed it! Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

I was really impressed by the production quality, has a very US NES commercial feel. The end with the camera zooming past a library of Turbo games followed by a 3D animation of the official TG16 logo with Rick's sprite walking up to smack it with a 2x4 was a really cool touch!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

bartre

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2012, 04:39:59 PM »
hey now, I loved the new SH, though i wouldn't classify it as being as good as the old ones.
luckily, it's got SH 1-3 on it already!