Author Topic: New user, old player.  (Read 877 times)

Bardoly

Re: New user, old player.
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2012, 11:41:25 AM »
I need to start digging into this site...
So, this Keith Courage fella sells this stuff?
Last time I really looked at the market TurboZoneDirect still existed...

Yep, he buys up Japanese Duo's, then region-mods them so that they can play both U.S. and Japanese-released HuCard games.  (The CD games are not region-protected, so they are already playable on either U.S. or Japanese systems, but the HuCards are region-protected, so you either need a $100+ adapter, a region-mod, or a console from U.S. and one from Japan to be able to play all of the HuCard games.)  You'll need to PM Keith Courage to find out what he has on-hand and for what price, but he has a very good reputation on this forum.  I personally bought a region-modded Duo from him for a very reasonable price.  He also re-caps the units, because most of these systems need it.

Jibbajaba

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2012, 12:01:33 PM »
How exactly do you tap into the expansion port to do the RCAs? I saw a video where a guy just wired it. Didn't realize there was two ways to do this. the one I saw had the RCAs on the side, but now I see someone with RCAs in the cover piece similar to a TurboBooster. Doesn't look like he soldered anything either

http://www.cgquarterly.com/articles/tg16_cable.htm

Chris

csgx1

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2012, 02:22:39 PM »

Well, about 15 years ago, I lent my TurboDuo to a friend and never saw it again.  We're still looking for it

Welcome!  Doesn't sound like a very good friend.  Did he forget to give it back after all these years?  He's probably hiding it from you and been playing it regularly all this time.:lol:  Well, I hope you eventually find it. 

chapel

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2012, 03:22:02 PM »
well, I lent it to him 15 years ago, asked for it back like 5 years ago and he had moved out of his parents house and left it there. His parents put it away somewhere and they're currently cleaning their house out.

thanks for the RCA links

csgx1

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2012, 06:16:30 PM »
Well, that's good to hear, its just a matter of finding your Duo then.   I let friends borrow games before and I've ask for them back...sadly they don't even remember borrowing the games from me.     

kazekirifx

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2012, 09:27:21 PM »
Hell yeah, CF2!!! Not my first RPG, but at least my first RPG where the characters had voices and animations - adds a lot to the depth of the characters.

I can see why some dislike it, but for those who enjoyed it back in the day, the nostalgia factor is through the roof!

SignOfZeta

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2012, 09:32:29 PM »
Hi new guy. I hope you aren't crazy!

chapel

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2012, 01:13:45 AM »
What's the policy on discussing Emulation and ROMs here?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2012, 04:23:52 AM »
What's the policy on discussing Emulation and ROMs here?

Discussion is fine - just don't request or post links to roms/isos, and don't ask about the pros and cons of CDRs without searching first (trust me on this one).  :lol:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

chapel

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2012, 04:25:06 AM »
Have you guys ever had any luck using Virtual Drives to mount the CD Images for use with Magic Engine? I tried it with Cosmic Fantasy 2 last night and it wouldn't work.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2012, 04:45:48 AM »
I use some old version of daemon tools with M.E. and haven't had any problems with it.

chapel

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2012, 04:47:15 AM »
so, you just mount the ISO and load M.E and it works when you click 'Load CD' and choose the drive letter of your mount?
I use Virtual Clone Drive:
http://www.slysoft.com/en/virtual-clonedrive.html

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2012, 05:01:23 AM »
so, you just mount the ISO and load M.E and it works when you click 'Load CD' and choose the drive letter of your mount?

Yep.  Where are you running in problems?  Does the image at least mount okay?

chapel

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2012, 05:05:53 AM »
I think it's mounting OK, but when I go to launch it it says Not PCE Game

bartre

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2012, 05:41:05 AM »
what format is the iso in? i seem to recall that making a difference last time i messed with ME.