Author Topic: Keeping game saves on my Turbobooster plus secured ...  (Read 242 times)

Nec.Game.head

Keeping game saves on my Turbobooster plus secured ...
« on: November 01, 2012, 01:55:18 PM »
What I'm trying to figure out is ?? If theirs an internal battery in the Turbobooster that eventually dies where you can't keep a charge on it for all your old game saves/high scores ?? I know as long as you keep voltage running through the Turbobooster it keeps your game scores saved. I would really like to figure this one out because surprisingly at my house and among us Tg16 players where I live my girl has the highest score saved and it would totally suck if we lost that saved high score at some point ...
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

BigusSchmuck

Re: Keeping game saves on my Turbobooster plus secured ...
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 02:04:55 PM »
What I'm trying to figure out is ?? If theirs an internal battery in the Turbobooster that eventually dies where you can't keep a charge on it for all your old game saves/high scores ?? I know as long as you keep voltage running through the Turbobooster it keeps your game scores saved. I would really like to figure this one out because surprisingly at my house and among us Tg16 players where I live my girl has the highest score saved and it would totally suck if we lost that saved high score at some point ...
As far as I know, its just capacitors. So as long as its plugged that save game or high score will be there forever until the capacitor fails.

Nec.Game.head

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 02:18:14 PM »
Hmm ?? So it holds game saves as long as the capacitors are still in good working order in the Turbobooster plus .. Now I'm interested in finding out if someone has already done that repair before ?? BIG THANKS FOR THE INFO !!!  :D
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 02:31:38 PM »
if you have a region mod you can back up your saves to a tennokoe bank card
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

Nec.Game.head

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 09:40:39 PM »
Excellent !!! I'll be modding my Tg16 soon with the Obey chip .. And that is exactly what I will get to keep my high scores and game saves secured ..
                                                                               Thanks for the info !!!

A Black Falcon

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 09:59:22 PM »
if you have a region mod you can back up your saves to a tennokoe bank card
I don't know, that capacitor might be more reliable (provided that you turn the system on regularly enough to not lose the files!) than a Tennokoe Bank card with its internal, hard-to-replace, 20-year old battery...

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 01:08:07 AM »
The tennokoe bank card i have had game saves on it that were who knows how old
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint