Author Topic: Remember Nightmare Tony Well.  (Read 528 times)

cdamm

Remember Nightmare Tony Well.
« on: November 02, 2012, 11:31:55 AM »
If you do not know him, Nightmare Tony is one of the Neo-Geo regulars. He has been a great member with a near unparalleled technical expertise. He has done amazing things for the communities and has always been there for anyone in need.  

He has done great things on the arcade side too and is a former employee of Romstar. He has been a great friend and help to me personally too.

He has been battling cancer for quite some time and has been in the ICU for a little while and on and off ventilation.

Lets all wish him well and hope for a swift recovery. He truly is one of the nicest people in the communities.

Link to the NG Thread for him:
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?238637-Nightmare-Tony-needs-our-support-and-prayers

With Regards,

-cdamm.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 03:40:05 PM by cdamm »

cdamm

Re: Lets wish Nightmare Tony Well.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 05:52:44 PM »
i didn't want to update this so soon, but he is now back home with his family and in hospice care.

we're all with you tony.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 06:56:53 PM »
Maybe I missed it, what kind of cancer is he fighting?  Is it one of the tough ones.  My dad has/had a type of lymphoma(sp?), but it has been in full regression for several years now.  I lost a friend to an intestinal cancer, & I just heard about another that has the same.  Another friend of mine just went thru treatment(I forget which kind of cancer she has) & seems to be doing ok.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 02:18:23 AM »
I f*cking HATE cancer!   This is a rough time all around.

My dad died when I was 8 from Leukaemia, my step dad late last year was diagnosed with stage 2 throat cancer, which after radiation and chemo treatments all spring/summer he has now just been cleared by his Dr. with a clean bill of health!  However,  I just found out a long time co-worker of mine informed me all those Dr. appts he's been going to lately were due to being diagnosed with throat cancer as well.  I'm sure I'll be on many projects with him for a long time, he just needs support.

I feel for Tony's friends and family, and while I don't know him personally I hope all involved can stay strong!

cdamm

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 02:41:48 AM »
Maybe I missed it, what kind of cancer is he fighting?  Is it one of the tough ones.  My dad has/had a type of lymphoma(sp?), but it has been in full regression for several years now.  I lost a friend to an intestinal cancer, & I just heard about another that has the same.  Another friend of mine just went thru treatment(I forget which kind of cancer she has) & seems to be doing ok.

honestly im not sure of the exact type. i've spoken with him a while back about it, but never went into super detail because he was in amazing spirits about it and i did not want to bring him down. i do know that it did spread from his kidney and lung to his brain and spine.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 09:21:01 AM »
Yikes, spreading to the brain & spine does not sound good.  I'm glad he's keeping up a good attitude.  I truly believe that having a positive attitude can't make a difference on the body.  As an example, my great grandfather lived to be 100, didn't have a single grey hair until his wife died, then he all of a sudden turned grey & I believe died within a year after her.  He just didn't feel like hanging on anymore since losing his wife.  The mind can really play a good part in the outcome of various ailments.  Like Johsua, I don't know him, but I wish Tony & his family well, & pray for them!

420GOAT

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 03:31:15 AM »
i wish him well. hope he gets better. cancer is a motherf*cker!!
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the f*cking car.

broken

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2012, 04:18:30 AM »
I believe he has kidney cancer.

HercTNT

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2012, 06:44:26 AM »
I wish him well, no one should have to go through that. Best wishes to him and his family.

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2012, 06:51:58 AM »
I wish him well, no one should have to go through that. Best wishes to him and his family.

Ditto.

cdamm

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 08:31:33 AM »
On his facebook page this morning:

I just wanted to let my brother's friends know that Tony died peacefully in his sleep on november 4 at 1041 pm. services will be announced- will be at rose hills in whittier, in lieu of flowers the family is requesting donations to the american cancer society in his name for kidney cancer- thank you

I am truly going to miss my friend, but his legacy lives on with his work with SNK and Romstar. Cheers, Tony.

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2012, 08:35:34 AM »
Sorry to hear man. :(

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2012, 09:09:49 AM »
On his facebook page this morning:

I just wanted to let my brother's friends know that Tony died peacefully in his sleep on november 4 at 1041 pm. services will be announced- will be at rose hills in whittier, in lieu of flowers the family is requesting donations to the american cancer society in his name for kidney cancer- thank you

I am truly going to miss my friend, but his legacy lives on with his work with SNK and Romstar. Cheers, Tony.
:(

Wish I had an opportunity to get to know him. You and his friends/ family are in our thoughts.  Keep us posted on donations towards his cause. 

ParanoiaDragon

Re: Remember Nightmare Tony Well.
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2012, 04:37:54 PM »
Dammit, didn't even know the guy, but that's a flippin' bummer. :(  I'm glad he went peacefully though.

Keranu

Re: Remember Nightmare Tony Well.
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2012, 05:06:12 PM »
Man I never even heard of this guy before yet this news feels so devastating. Rest in Peace, Tony.

Yikes, spreading to the brain & spine does not sound good.  I'm glad he's keeping up a good attitude.  I truly believe that having a positive attitude can't make a difference on the body.  As an example, my great grandfather lived to be 100, didn't have a single grey hair until his wife died, then he all of a sudden turned grey & I believe died within a year after her.  He just didn't feel like hanging on anymore since losing his wife.  The mind can really play a good part in the outcome of various ailments.  Like Johsua, I don't know him, but I wish Tony & his family well, & pray for them!
Similarly, there was a member on my mom's side of the family that was told by a doctor she'd die in her 40's, yet by staying active and consuming garlic daily, she lived until 100!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).