Author Topic: Super score !!! Tg16 cd player only obtained !!!  (Read 777 times)

roflmao

Re: Super score !!! Tg16 cd player only obtained !!!
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2012, 04:47:24 PM »
Dude, what an awesome way to get into the CD side of things!  Congrats.  I'll second that retrogamecave is a great place to get AC adapters.  I have 3 in my collection currently (Duo, Briefcase Unit, Express). 

Tatsujin

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2012, 05:16:39 PM »
COOL STORY BRO! And for once, I mean it :D
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

TR0N

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2012, 06:05:46 PM »
Congrats,good luck trying to find a docking station.Trying to peace together a TG16 and Turbo-CD can be really difficult.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Nec.Game.head

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2012, 02:48:39 AM »
Right on you guys .. Thanks for the reply's .. What I'm planning on doing is to take my time on this Tg16 cd project .. What I'm starting off with is region free modding my Tg16 next week once I receive my Obey chips from BlueBMW, then order a ac adapter from retrogamecave.com .. After that just play the waiting game till the time comes for me to get a Tg16 cd docking station for, I'm hoping around $75.00 including shipping .. When that's all done, I'll order a system 3.0 card from hitjapan, thanks Vestcoat .. But what I'm really really looking forward to is hopefully being able to buy my very first Turboduo-r if all plans go accordingly next week .. Right now I'm using my Tg16 cd player to enjoy the kick ass audio sound tracks from Lords Of Thunder on this rainy California morning ..
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 03:05:35 AM by Nec.Game.head »
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

bartre

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2012, 03:07:37 AM »
IMO, skip the sys card 3.0, and go straight for the arcade card pro.
that way it'll work on your apparent future TG+CD setup, and on the Duo-R I'm planning on selling to you!

Nec.Game.head

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2012, 03:21:54 AM »
Suggestion noted and accepted !!! That sounds like an even better idea .. I'm a huge Neo Geo fan also, not to talk about something different but I also have an Neo Geo Aes console and can't afford anything on that thing, so I'm also looking forward to eventually collecting all the Neo Geo ports that were released for the Tg16 cd .. Can't wait to have my very own Duo-r !!! Your the man bartre !!!  :dance:

Thanks for the advice !!!

http://imageshack.us/a/img141/147/dscn1473.png
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

bartre

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2012, 04:40:33 AM »
lol at the pic.
you could always get an IFU + PCE/CGX setup to use that CD drive.
might be cheaper, will definitely be easier to find.

TR0N

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2012, 03:22:32 PM »
Suggestion noted and accepted !!! That sounds like an even better idea .. I'm a huge Neo Geo fan also, not to talk about something different but I also have an Neo Geo Aes console and can't afford anything on that thing, so I'm also looking forward to eventually collecting all the Neo Geo ports that were released for the Tg16 cd .. Can't wait to have my very own Duo-r !!! Your the man bartre !!!  :dance:

Off topic,but if you can't afford buying for the aes.Then i suggest selling it and switching to a consolized mvs.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Nec.Game.head

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2012, 09:18:06 PM »
I still have a boner for my Aes and could never sell it !!! I still to this day collect some of the cheaper priced Neo Geo Aes games like The King Of Fighters and the Samurai Shodown series ... For the real expensive games, if I really had to have them at home i would just play them on my Big Red Neo Geo 4 slot Mvs cabinet, or buy a Super MVS to AES Neo-Geo Converter II so I could play them on my tv .. I would like to get those ports for the Tg16 cd because their really good ports and wouldn't cost me 80.00 plus dollars to own and try out ... I just meant at this point in my life I can't afford to buy Aes games, but I am looking forward to the day that all changes and I can continue to do so again ... I'm a super Nec fanboy and will always be. But I do have a special place in my heart for Snk gaming also ... But what really maters is, I'm super excited to complete my Tg16 cd setup soon so that I can enjoy it with my girlfriend and buddies !!!

Thanks all you guys for the help and suggestions in helping me out with my Nec addiction !!!  :D
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 03:19:27 AM by Nec.Game.head »

bartre

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2012, 10:12:39 PM »
heh, IMO, the best way to play neo is on a big red cab.
maybe that's just nostalgia talking though, used to play metal slug at godfathers because my mom wouldn't let me hang out at the arcade in the mall.

fraggore

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2012, 07:04:47 AM »
wish i had friends like that.
I always wanted a thing called tuna sashemie

"All your base are belong to us"

Firebomber7

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2012, 01:33:34 PM »
lol here's a picture of myself and my Tg16 cd player score !! Awesome I'm really glad to hear I maybe in luck with this one !! I'm hoping I can find a Tg16 cd docking station for a decent price, and will make sure to buy a less expensive after market ac adapter from retrogamecave.com .. I'm gonna buy some Obey region free mod chips from BlueBMW and mod it myself, buy a Jp system 3.0 card and I should be good to go !! thanks for the tips vestcoat & Necromancer .. Oh by the way ?? Is it fairly simple to service a Tg16 cd player ??
                                                THANK FOR ALL THE REPLY'S AND HELP YOU GUYS !!

:D haha, that photo rules!

Nec.Game.head

Re: Super score !!! Tg16 cd player only obtained !!! Update ...
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2012, 03:36:31 PM »
So I'm back with an update on my super score .. From the past four days I have tested my Tg16 cd player with different burned iso images, these are the results .. The first day it fired right up from a 15 plus year nap with no problems .. The second day it wouldn't spin so I opened it up and moved the little gears where the motor is to move the laser, assembled it and it worked fine .. The third day It worked fine in the morning .. Later that day I tried it out it wouldn't spin again, I didn't open it up again quite yet and tried out a original music cd and it worked fine with that .. In fact I tried several disc original and copied, all worked fine but would not read any of my iso's anymore .. So I opened it up wiped the the gears off and lubed them up very lightly with some tri flow lubricant .. Reassembled it again and nothing same thing as last, it only played my music cd's .. The fourth day which is today I opened it up to check the gears to see if they were stuck, they seemed fine so I decided to try my best to wipe off the gears to make sure they were not all wet with lubricant and and used a sowing needle to clean off the dried/wet lubricant and grease that was on the brass colored long gear .. It had very little gunk but never the less it was dirty .. Reassembled it and tried it out, this time it worked again with my burned iso images .. I tried tapping lightly on the sides to make it skip to see if it would go back to the song it was playing .. It did but made a weird sound, tried it again and the audio track got stuck .. So I skipped to the next song and it continued to work fine .. Right now I'm letting it play through all the audio tracks for Lords Of Thunder from track 1 to 24 .. It started skipping on track 17 so I skipped to 18 and that played fine skipped back to 17 and it worked fine for a bit and started skipping again .. It seems from track 17 to 24 it has problems with skipping ..

Is their someone I could send it to ?? So I can have it fully serviced and tuned ?? I would do it myself, but theirs so much going on in that little Tg16 cd player with cables that need to be unplugged and ground cables that need to be unsoldered, then theirs disassembling the laser assembly .. I just don't feel comfortable messing with it .. It would be a damn shame if I screwed it up over the lack of experience and knowledge on Tg16 cd repairs .. Any help out their ??  :pray:

vestcoat

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2012, 08:37:44 PM »
1) CD-R's are bad for Turbo hardware (or at least half of us think so).
2) Play ISO's on a computer. Save the hardware for real games.
3) Don't open up your CD player all willy-nilly everyday; the screws will strip the plastic eventually.
4) Time to start a thread in the repair forum! Chop5 and the thesteve worked wonders with my TGCD.

bartre

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2012, 01:35:42 AM »
1) CD-R's are bad for Turbo hardware (or at least half of us think so).
2) Play ISO's on a computer. Save the hardware for real games.
3) Don't open up your CD player all willy-nilly everyday; the screws will strip the plastic eventually.
4) Time to start a thread in the repair forum! Chop5 and the thesteve worked wonders with my TGCD.
1) yeah, that's right
2) meh, isos are fine, provided you're okay with the extra wear and tear
3) eventually, yeah, but it would take lots of screwing
4) Keith Courage is also awesome!