Author Topic: Cool old letter I found  (Read 560 times)

reno5

Re: Cool old letter I found
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2012, 12:41:50 AM »
Great find.

Only contact i had with NEC back then was calling them to get info on the TG-CD since i didn't found any in the store around my place. My english back then was soooooooo bad. Not sure she understood me at all :)

kazekirifx

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2012, 11:42:24 AM »
I remember calling their tip line to get the code to play Bomberman on the 3-in-1 CD. Later the number for the tip line became the number for some telephone company, and I would frequently bother them to ask for codes for games which they'd never heard of.

jelloslug

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2012, 12:26:31 AM »
What game was it?
I think it was either The Legendary Axe or Victory Run.

Was it card-only or was it boxed mint/complete/new/sealed/VGA rated A++?
It was sealed, complete and I would estimate that it was a Turbo Star Rating of at least 9000
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 08:55:33 AM by jelloslug »

Nec.Game.head

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2012, 07:08:02 AM »
@420GOAT ... Pirate radio and KNAC were the very best metal stations in the so cal LA area of all time !!! Damn I truly miss those ol days !!! lol I missed out on all the cool Turbo stuff back then, and also missed out on winning a Pirate radio T-shirt !!! But I still have my KNAC bumper stickers !!! All this talk about metal is making want to rock out and head bang to some Lords Of Thunder audio tracks !!!  ](*,)
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

esteban

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2012, 11:39:14 AM »
jelloslug: love that letter! SCAN THAT SUCKER.

Wait, I see I have some PM's. You might have already scanned it.

|    | 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2012, 05:54:37 AM »
Heh, that's great and thanks for sharing.  I'd say we should all be packrats and keep similar current stuff just in case we're hanging around PS3/360/Wii forums in twenty years, but nah.  :mrgreen:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

esteban

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2012, 12:05:09 PM »
Heh, that's great and thanks for sharing.  I'd say we should all be packrats and keep similar current stuff just in case we're hanging around PS3/360/Wii forums in twenty years, but nah.  :mrgreen:

hahahahhahahhahahhaha. YOU KNOW IT WILL HAPPEN.
  |    |