Author Topic: What are YOU watching on YouTube.com?  (Read 121073 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: What are YOU watching on YouTube.com?
« Reply #1815 on: January 11, 2008, 10:09:39 AM »
I remember this file comming out when Square overhauled their website for FF7, clearly in the FF7 area, along with tons of other information like screenshots of characters they never used, etc.  Just because this gameplay does not resemble some elements of FF7, does not mean that Square didn't present it as a FF7 clip.  The origional clips sport a smooth 12 or 15 FPS as well, I remember converting this video frame by frame to make an animated gif of the best parts for my website waaaay back in the day.  It's why I remember so much about this clip, I had a whole site of "FF7" media because a lot of people had trouble navigating the Japanese Square website to find them themselves.

Kitsune's linked articles state also that the teaser was presented as a preview of FF7 using characters from FF6, so I don't know what point he is trying to make.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Kitsunexus

« Reply #1816 on: January 11, 2008, 11:45:37 AM »
It isn't really Final Fantasy 7 though, Missa. They mocked up a battle using FF6 characters and music (that's the SNES music for FF6 you hear) and showed it at SIGGRAPH to see if anyone would LIKE polygonal RPGs. If the demo had failed, Final Fantasy 7 would have been a 2D RPG on the N64 and would have NEVER taken off the way it did today.  Fortunately people LOVED the demo, and as it says, they went WAY over the top and had to make it for PS1 instead.

It wasn't a preview of FF7, it was a preview of one of the ideas for FF7. That idea was chosen.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #1817 on: January 11, 2008, 12:39:03 PM »
Just to toss out YET ANOTHER REASON why you should stop what you're doing and go out and buy Ape Escape 3: After you beat the game and record all the monkey movies in each stage, you unlock the Simian Cinema's movie creator mode. Since you weren't listening, I'll break it down again:

APE ESCAPE 3. MACHINIMA.

Here's a video compilation of Simian Cinema movies that are actually pretty good:

I almost have the feature unlocked, but I missed some movies in some stages.

MissaFX

« Reply #1818 on: January 11, 2008, 04:35:35 PM »
It isn't really Final Fantasy 7 though, Missa. They mocked up a battle using FF6 characters and music (that's the SNES music for FF6 you hear) and showed it at SIGGRAPH to see if anyone would LIKE polygonal RPGs. If the demo had failed, Final Fantasy 7 would have been a 2D RPG on the N64 and would have NEVER taken off the way it did today.  Fortunately people LOVED the demo, and as it says, they went WAY over the top and had to make it for PS1 instead.

It wasn't a preview of FF7, it was a preview of one of the ideas for FF7. That idea was chosen.

I'm not saying it really is FF7.  I am saying it is a test they did to show what FF7's gameplay and battle engine might look like.  It was on their website though in the FF7 area which is something I have said before.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

Kitsunexus

« Reply #1819 on: January 11, 2008, 04:38:48 PM »

I'm not saying it really is FF7.  I am saying it is a test they did to show what FF7's gameplay and battle engine might look like.  It was on their website though in the FF7 area which is something I have said before.

OH. I'm sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought you meant this was an FF7 alpha or something. My bad.  :oops:

TR0N

« Reply #1820 on: January 11, 2008, 07:30:52 PM »
Resident Evil 1.5 (All footage)
Early version of RE2 wich was scrapped of corse in the end.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Kitsunexus

« Reply #1821 on: January 11, 2008, 07:32:54 PM »
Isn't this on some demo disc?

And whenever I see a game like this, I think of Dino Crisis and how awesome that game was.

MissaFX

« Reply #1822 on: January 11, 2008, 08:46:19 PM »
While were talking about games that never came out, how about a hacked rom?
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

Kitsunexus

« Reply #1823 on: January 11, 2008, 09:33:09 PM »
The absolute craziest thing you will ever see, a fake SHMUP on the display of the Roland Sound Canvas SC-55, which is actually a demo song for the unit.

It sounds really good, obviously not as good as the SC-88.

I will never be able to afford this, or play like this :( :

This is the synthesizer of my dreams - the Korg X5D. Why? Because after some extensive research, this thing is Japanese SHMUP music in a box (actually the whole 01/W family is). It has all the classic sounds, all the digital sheen, all the punchiness, basically, it doesn't sound real at all AND THAT'S WHY I WANT IT.

Here's a rock demo:

More soloing, sorry for the bad quality:

Awesome lead guitar patch:

Here's some digital Rhodes comin' at ya:

Kitsunexus

« Reply #1824 on: January 12, 2008, 06:49:36 AM »
A ferocious attack by a Bengal cat leaves 2 dead:

:P

bust3dstr8

« Reply #1825 on: January 12, 2008, 09:16:00 AM »
I'm sorta meh on , but this absolutely kills me. :lol:
Clowns Suck

Joe Redifer

« Reply #1826 on: January 12, 2008, 11:20:33 AM »
That is so lame.  For no reason whatsoever he gets sucked into the Take on Me video.  Then when he gets booted out his only response is "I don't know!!!"  Where's the funny?  God damn those writers suck.

ceti alpha

« Reply #1827 on: January 12, 2008, 12:13:52 PM »
That is so lame.  For no reason whatsoever he gets sucked into the Take on Me video.  Then when he gets booted out his only response is "I don't know!!!"  Where's the funny?  God damn those writers suck.

Yeah, it's hit and miss with the Family Guy. They're actually funny in the DVD commentaries. The "When You Wish Upon a Weinstein" commentaries in particular are hilarious. I went through a Family Guy phase, but I really don't watch it much now. Same with the Simpsons. I get noxious even just thinking about watching that show. 

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Kitsunexus

« Reply #1828 on: January 12, 2008, 12:28:09 PM »
I went through a Family Guy phase, but I really don't watch it much now. Same with the Simpsons. I get noxious even just thinking about watching that show. 

Same and same.

SNKNostalgia

« Reply #1829 on: January 12, 2008, 02:21:30 PM »
South Park>Simpsons + Family Guy