Author Topic: So what's the best deal you guys or gals gotten on Turbo Grafx 16 Stuff?  (Read 701 times)

psychobear

Just  wondering what's the best deal you guys gotten over time for TG-16 Stuff

Here's a few of mine
Splatter House and Raiden for 25$ complete minus the box
R-Type, Alien Crush and Side Arms for 10 all 3 complete..
Nothing to fancy but considering eBay, resellers and retro stores the seem like good deals to me.

KingDrool

Re: So what's the best deal you guys or gals gotten on Turbo Grafx 16 Stuff?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 11:52:20 AM »
When I was in college, around 1997, a local video rental store was going out of business. They unloaded all their TurboGrafx-16 games for $4 a pop. Got some great deals there.

The same year, I was at Goodwill and found a TurboGrafx-16 console for $15. Since I had sold mine a few years prior, I snatched it up immediately.

It was a good year for Turbo games!
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 11:54:45 AM »
In the early days you could get a lot of this stuff for very cheap. I had gotten 5 turbo sticks, 1 multitap and 1 big din to mini din for $50 over at Turbo Zone Direct back in the late 90s. A pity that site is no more.

chany60126

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 12:08:03 PM »
About a year and a half ago, I bought some Turbografx games from a former NEC employee in IL who I found on Craigslist. I bought about 15 games for 5 bucks a piece complete minus the box. And I got good stuff like Ys Book I & II, Monster Lair, and Psychosis.
SignofZeta: What a quintessentially PCEFX thread. Someone complains about nothing, multiple Bible-length posts discussing who's a bigger a$$hole follow. You're both pretty big a$$holes. Let's call it a tie.

DarkKobold

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 12:18:59 PM »
I got DE2, Cotton, M&M3, Syd Mead's, etc, for about $1-2 a piece, when you break down the lot I got.
Hey, you.

turboswimbz

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 12:30:52 PM »
Hmmm I got a few decent deals over the summer, nothing amazing yet.

dead moon huey for $10
D and D OotG huey for $10
tricky kick complete for $2
and a TG-16 for $35
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

MotherGunner

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 12:31:06 PM »
I got DE2, Cotton, M&M3, Syd Mead's, etc, for about $1-2 a piece, when you break down the lot I got.

-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

geise

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 12:32:26 PM »
Beyond Shadowgate and Might & Magic 3 for free.  Beyond Shadowgate was not in the best condition, but M&M 3 was complete with map and almost like new.  This guy used to work for Buy Rite before they closed.  He knew I had a Turbo Duo and just gave them to me.  This was back in 1998 so he had no idea what they would be like now.  

I also scored Kabuki Itoryodan for 0.99 on ebay with free shipping.  I felt bad and paid the guy a little for shipping.

Lets see...oh yeah in 1994 I got both Cotton and Dungeon Explorer II for $10 total.  Picked them up at a Video Game Exchange in Ohio.  I wonder if those stores still exist.  Arkhan would probably know.  They were great for used games.  That same store one summer also saw me buying Turbo stuff, and some guy wanted to unload some games he didn't want.  I bought Spriggan, Valis IV, Rayxanber II, and Hellfire S for $80 even.  Not like a crazy deal but good for 1994.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 12:38:15 PM by geise »

Keith Courage

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 01:57:33 PM »
When turbo was loosing ground in the early 90s my Dad had bought a copy of every game they had available for $5 a piece from a local video rental store. He then gave me a game every time I got an A on a test. Good thing I got all those games before I made it to highschool. lol

munchiaz

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 04:05:08 PM »
all my good deals have been from this site. My best deal would have to be the copy of castlevania i got for $60

JohnnyPhantom

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 04:06:50 PM »
$5 for my TurboDuo from a local game store would have to be my best deal thus far

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2012, 05:19:18 PM »
I already had Ys 4, but, I had found a copy for only $12 at a time when it was around $200 on ebay.  Same goes for Sidearms Special, though I don't think that one was worth as much.  I found both at Game Dude in North Hollywood.  Good times!  Also, I got really good deals on Rainbow Islands & Dragon Knight & Graffiti(something like $60 IIRC, at the time, it was a great deal), & the guy threw in for free R-type Complete & Puyo Puyo Tsu, both of which were rare at the time.  Although, it might've been that I won Puyo Puyo Tsu & got Rainbow Islands for free.  Either way, it still blows me away.  I forget what he said, just something along the lines of throwing them in as a bonus!

psychobear

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2012, 06:20:03 PM »
Dam not bad deals..

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2012, 01:47:51 AM »
I bought a lot locally which included a tg16, ave 3 pad, and about 40 games including soldier blade, sealed sinistron, sss, wold sport comp, etc all for $120
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

geise

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2012, 04:39:48 AM »
I guess it's not a deal, but Christmas 93 my parents were awesome and bought me Dracula X.  One of the best Xmas' ever!