Author Topic: THE VERY WORST GAME !!!  (Read 2044 times)

Black Tiger

Re: THE VERY WORST GAME !!!
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2012, 04:48:05 AM »
A girlfriend of mine got into mahjong and enjoyed every PCE mahjong game I threw at her. She was able to point out what was good about them and how they could be improved.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

esteban

« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2012, 10:48:46 AM »
She was able to point out what was good about them and how they could be improved.

Pics or it didn't happen.

|    | 

esteban

« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2012, 10:52:27 AM »
Esteban why no Kaze Kiri love?  You don't like the Ninja Action?  :)

It's an old wound that refuses to heal. Or, I guess it is one of the few games I hold a grudge against.

I paid lots of hard-earned $$$ for the game and had high expectations. My fault, sure, but I read stuff from folks I trusted. Well...the game was underwhelming, to say the least. I tried to like it (I like Spartan X/Kung Fu!)...I like lots of flawed games...but I just can't give Kaze Kiri another chance. I've given it far too many chances already.

I was about to write 3-5 more paragraphs but I'm too stuffed with mashed potatoes.

|    | 

vestcoat

« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2012, 04:07:25 PM »
Sounds like buyer's remorse. I got Kaze Kiri as a free, unsolicited CD-R from an ebay seller BITD (2002?). Having ever heard of it until then, I had no expectations and was pleasantly surprised. It may be repetitive, but the (ninja) action is fast, the controls are simple and responsive, and the music is rocking. I should probably play it again now that I have a modded XBOX and don't have to worry about ruining my hardware with CD-Rs.

choijimmy

« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2012, 05:09:01 PM »
slime world... awful game...

Tatsujin

« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2012, 06:18:06 PM »
slime world... awful game...

Yeah, the lynx version is the only playable und fun bringing one.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

esteban

|    | 

SuperPlay

« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2012, 12:55:15 AM »
btw. there is no such as a worst game on the PCE.
There are only 'less good than other' games.

:!:

:-)

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2012, 12:57:20 AM »
I think it's cool that nobody mentioned Nightmare Creatures this time.  :)

It's a pretty weird/bad/terrible controls/wtf kind of game, but not 'The Worst' out there.  :)

I nominate Drop Off.  Hate that game.

turboswimbz

« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2012, 01:38:18 AM »

It's a pretty weird/bad/terrible controls/wtf kind of game, but not 'The Worst' out there.  :)

GTFO ... Drop off may not be everyone's cup of tea, but the worst? (people think this, no I cannot agree with that 1 bit)   I actually enjoy drop off, I think it's an unappreciated, goofy and fun game with a surprising bit of strategy.  While I'll admit there are more thrilling games out there, Drop off is a solid breakout style game, with a few quirky twists.  And what is the TG-16 but a system of quirky twists. 
Drop off = all that is good with the TG16. 
AND don't even get me started on the AWESOME box art for the game. (possibly one o the best of the NA art IMO)   
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

KingDrool

« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2012, 02:22:01 AM »
Well, since you mentioned it: Night Creatures is shit.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

Lost Monkey

« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2012, 02:34:54 AM »

GTFO ... Drop off may not be everyone's cup of tea, but the worst? (people think this, no I cannot agree with that 1 bit)   I actually enjoy drop off, I think it's an unappreciated, goofy and fun game with a surprising bit of strategy.  While I'll admit there are more thrilling games out there, Drop off is a solid breakout style game, with a few quirky twists.  And what is the TG-16 but a system of quirky twists. 
AND don't even get me started on the AWESOME box art for the game. (possibly one o the best of the NA art IMO)   

I love Drop Off - but I always attributed that to the fact that I grew up with Atari...

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2012, 03:22:22 AM »

It's my least favorite, so yeah.  It's the worst one IMO. 

Well, since you mentioned it: Night Creatures is the shit.

fixed ;)  - back at ya bro!

Nec.Game.head

« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2012, 03:22:56 AM »
Just played another horrible game !!! Battle Royal, WTF were Incredible Technologies thinking when they put out that disaster of a game ??? And the worst part about it is that now it's in my collection of Hu cards .. Wow what a waste of space in my Samsonite booklet of Hu Cards !!! 
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2012, 04:38:05 AM »
I just got slime world and i have to admit it wasn't too hot. I like the Lynx version though. I couldn't figure out how to use the items and it wouldn't pause. The cutscenes are kinda cool though and Todd's girlfriend is a babe.
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint