Author Topic: Finally Part of the Club  (Read 823 times)

TheClash603

Re: Finally Part of the Club
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2012, 02:41:18 PM »
Thats a really nice collection you have there, but we have a new club now. After much deliberation we decided to raise the bar. Unless you have a region modded system with either RGB or S-video out, you're not part of the club.

Derp, I have been on here for years and I still haven't made "The Club."

TR0N

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2012, 03:35:32 PM »
Thats a really nice collection you have there, but we have a new club now. After much deliberation we decided to raise the bar. Unless you have a region modded system with either RGB or S-video out, you're not part of the club.
I thought being in the club is having a sony pvm monitor  :roll: :wink:

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Edmond Dantes

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2012, 04:03:03 PM »
Whoa, your collection makes me jealous.  So many Turbo games... I only have, like, nine or so.

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2012, 04:08:00 PM »
I thought being in the club is having a sony pvm monitor  :roll: :wink:

No silly, that's a separate club for people who like to buy used monitors from prenatal clinics.  :roll:  :wink:

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2012, 12:36:33 AM »
[quote

No silly, that's a separate club for people who like to buy used monitors from prenatal clinics.  :roll:  :wink:
hey dont throw us all into the same catagory......
I got mine from an endoscopy clinic :ahem:
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

Nando

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2012, 02:03:46 AM »
[quote

HAHAHAHAHAH

bartre

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2012, 02:33:47 AM »
nice lot.
now you need to make time to play em :lol:

ps, how's hellfire S? been meaning to try that one for a while.

Bardoly

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2012, 02:42:49 AM »
Nice!

I would recommend that you go ahead and PLAY the games, while making a list of what else you'd like to get and then just keep your eyes open for good deals on what you want rather than just going out and buying up a lot more games right away.

esteban

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2012, 09:46:02 PM »

Welcome to the Klub, comrade.

The highlights of your collection: Blodia, Spin Pair, Populous.

Do not forsake these games. Nurture them.

Thanks for the welcomes again everyone. Also another thing I have to say- even though many of the cover artworks I've saw online, it just looks so awesome in person, it's too bad the TG-16 had such generic artwork, because these are some of the best I've ever laid eyes upon. Makes the anticipation of playing the game even stronger.

My friend, TG-16 covers were a bonus (omake, if you will) gifted to all TurboLovers. Sure, some TG-16 are lame, but the same holds true for PCE covers. When you realize that the North American releases only serve to enrich your life (and not detract from it), you will truly have joined the Klub. I have faith in you, comrade. I know that you will see the Truth.

Sterile CGI vs. Trippy-fantastic-psychedelia (PCE cover simply can't compare to TG-16)

|    | 

turboswimbz

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2012, 10:52:23 AM »
welcome to the club indeed!
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

TR0N

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2012, 03:13:11 PM »
[quote

No silly, that's a separate club for people who like to buy used monitors from prenatal clinics.  :roll:  :wink:
:lol: :lol: Now that is just anal !!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 05:42:19 PM by TR0N »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Teknoman

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2012, 05:27:27 PM »
Early Christmas present indeed! Congrats man, cool friend and you've got alot of awesome gaming ahead of you. Hopefully your friend will still join you in some Bomberman matches even though collecting is long gone.

"There are many difficult times ahead, but you must keep your sense of humor, work through the tough situations and enjoy yourself".

esteban

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2012, 11:39:59 PM »

I was confused and posted here by accident.

So....

Welcome, once again, to the club.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 11:43:54 PM by esteban »
  |    | 

lukester

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2012, 01:45:09 AM »

[/quote]
Yea, an Arcade Card Duo will be one of my next purchases, I really wanna try on that version of Art of Fighting, plus all the other games that support it.
[/quote]

Fatal Fury Special is absolutely fantastic. It's harder to play the Street Fighter II, but it's amazing crashing down onto opponents as the mighty Kim Kaphwan. Also has kickass arrangements too for all the stages too. :D