Author Topic: Turbo Surprise!  (Read 504 times)

tiptopjames

Turbo Surprise!
« on: November 23, 2012, 11:22:01 AM »
Picked up a mixed game lot on the cheap (really mixed, console wise, some box only stuff etc). Came across a Keith Courage case, thought "hey great, now i can make a custom Air Zonk case", opened up the case to find Shockman sitting on top of KC. Excited and elated, i then played it until 3am last night.

Feelin' pretty stoked, never run across much turbo in the wild, would love to hear some more stories of fun surprises to keep the hope alive!

turbokon

Re: Turbo Surprise!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 11:30:58 AM »
Nice score!! I know the feelin of finding turbobs in the wild. Picked up a tg16, turbo express with tv tuner a few games a couple months ago at the flea market.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 11:32:03 AM »
Nice!  'Tis a pretty good game (more so with a friend) and usually a more spendy one to boot, so it's definitely a happy surprise (as opposed to a surprise Drop Off).
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

tiptopjames

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 11:37:11 AM »
Nice score!! I know the feelin of finding turbobs in the wild. Picked up a tg16, turbo express with tv tuner a few games a couple months ago at the flea market.
i couldn't imagine finding a TE out there, sounds like an exciting flea market day!

Nice!  'Tis a pretty good game (more so with a friend) and usually a more spendy one to boot, so it's definitely a happy surprise (as opposed to a surprise Drop Off).
didn't even realize it was 2-player simultaneous, now i'm even more stoked on it!

futureman2000

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 02:01:48 PM »
My brother found Bonk's Adventure in with the cd's at goodwill (then gave it to me!). That's the cloest I've come to wild Turbobs.
Take off yer flip flops and set up the tripod: it's bag kickin' time!

syphic

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 06:15:10 PM »
Rrob found a thong inside a keith courage case. He kept it....to wear.
Awesome trades and deals with:
Fiftyquid, thesteve, keithcourage, mothergunner, Bernie, turboswimbz, Bardoly, BlueBMW, Galam, Nullity, Jtucci31, sirhcman,  Elderboroom, dicer

ccovell

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 09:15:19 PM »
At Hard-Off, I picked up a boxed (but non-working "junk") PCE-CD-ROM & briefcase unit for cheap.  It had Star Parodia in the CD tray!

Also, at a small mom & pop game store in northern Japan, the owner gave me a bare Supergrafx system for FREE after I had bought a bunch of PCE HuCard games.  :D

esteban

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 11:08:23 PM »
At Hard-Off, I picked up a boxed (but non-working "junk") PCE-CD-ROM & briefcase unit for cheap.  It had Star Parodia in the CD tray!

Also, at a small mom & pop game store in northern Japan, the owner gave me a bare Supergrafx system for FREE after I had bought a bunch of PCE HuCard games.  :D

Dear Lord, I'd be delighted to find Star Parodia (or a game of that caliber) in the CD tray!
  |    | 

BlueBMW

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2012, 12:27:37 AM »
Nice!  'Tis a pretty good game (more so with a friend) and usually a more spendy one to boot, so it's definitely a happy surprise (as opposed to a surprise Drop Off).

And what, pray tell, is so bad about Drop Off? 
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Bernie

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2012, 03:25:53 AM »
Rrob found a thong inside a keith courage case. He kept it....to wear.

I knew there was something screwy about that guy!!!  :)

Nec.Game.head

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2012, 03:43:13 AM »
The other day I went to my local mom and pops video game store, I was just there to look around and came a cross a couple of Tg16 games complete in their cases .. They were the not so great titles but I offered the store guy 5 bucks for World Class Baseball, the price on it was 10 bucks he said ok .. Then he asked me if I wanted the rest of the games he had left ?? They were all 10 a piece .. I replied for free sounds good to me, he laughed and said how about a dollar for each ?? Cool sold .. I bought World Class Baseball, Victory Run, Final Lap Twin, Keith Courage and Dungeon Explorer for 9 bucks .. I went home very happy to give those lonely Hu cards a nice home .. That was a pretty cool Turbo Surprise I had recently :D ..
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

psychobear

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2012, 03:44:29 AM »
The few times I found turbo stuff in the wild I felt like I won the lottery, but nice find man!!

csgx1

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2012, 05:36:44 AM »
That's an awesome surprise to find. 

Here's my Turbo 'surprise' story.  A few years ago at the thrift store I found some cheap Turbo games (Splatterhouse, Vasteel, Silent debuggers, Yo bro, Pac land, Victory Run, Keith Courage, Alien Crush) in cases for $4 for two games since they bundle them in twos.   This thrift store bags together games in twos and they don't want anyone to open the bags until you check out and pay. 

I was super happy just to actually find Turbo games in the wild and for cheap, basically $2 each.  So, I go to pay and asked to open each bag of games to check condition and to my surprise, all were empty cases except Victory Run. ](*,)

Cashier was surprise too, apologized and was going to throw away the empty cases.  She ended up letting me take the cases/manuals for free which was a nice consolation. 

psychobear

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2012, 06:29:04 AM »

Here's my Turbo 'surprise' story.  A few years ago at the thrift store I found some cheap Turbo games (Splatterhouse, Vasteel, Silent debuggers, Yo bro, Pac land, Victory Run, Keith Courage, Alien Crush) in cases for $4 for two games since they bundle them in twos.   This thrift store bags together games in twos and they don't want anyone to open the bags until you check out and pay. 

I was super happy just to actually find Turbo games in the wild and for cheap, basically $2 each.  So, I go to pay and asked to open each bag of games to check condition and to my surprise, all were empty cases except Victory Run. ](*,)

Cashier was surprise too, apologized and was going to throw away the empty cases.  She ended up letting me take the cases/manuals for free which was a nice consolation. 

That sucks but hey you got free cases, everytime I find a empty case I get them... I found a few empty with manuals.
You never know when you might need or

tiptopjames

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2012, 06:30:58 AM »

This story bummed me out a little. I can imagine the growing frustration as you open more and more cases