Author Topic: Found a TG-16 w/ Turbo Booster Plus in the wild.  (Read 196 times)

Bardoly

Found a TG-16 w/ Turbo Booster Plus in the wild.
« on: November 24, 2012, 10:11:55 AM »
So, a semi-local used video game shop has a TG-16 system, complete with power cord, RF adapter, Turbo Tap, 1 Turbo Pad, 1 controller extension cord, and a Turbo Booster Plus!  They are asking $89.99 for it, and when I asked if they could just sell me the Turbo Booster Plus, after researching it on the internet, they said that they couldn't accept less than $40-50 for it.  I was still very tempted to get it, but my wallet's rather thin at the moment, but if they still have it the next time I get over this way, I may try to go ahead and get it.

If anyone thinks that this is a bargain, then let me know, or if someone in the Northwest Indiana area is interested in checking this shop out, let me know.  They did also have a CIB Jack Nicholas Golf for $6.99, about 6-7 CIC games, about 5 loosies, and a Turbo Pad (for $7.99) as well.

Nec.Game.head

Re: Found a TG-16 w/ Turbo Booster Plus in the wild.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 12:17:53 PM »
Buy the complete package, you really can't go wrong with a deal like that .. You could buy it, keep the TurboBoosterPlus and sell the rest of the setup here .. You could totaly make your money back just by doing that .. The TurboBoosterPlus imo is easily worth about 50/70 bucks just by it self, they go for way more then that online, especially on ebay .. Ive seen them sell online between 80 and 120 dollars ...     

THAT MY FRIEND IS A SUPER DEAL :dance: !!!
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

Jibbajaba

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 12:53:58 PM »
I personally would rather just spend the extra cash and get a Duo than spend $90 on a TG16 with TB+.  You'll get that, then you'll decide you want to play CD games.  A CD drive will cost you the better part of $100, and the Super System 3.0 card will cost you the better part of $200.  So now you're getting up near $400 (and you still can't play PCE Hueys), when you can buy a region-modded Duo-R for somewhere in the $200-250 range.

Chris

Bardoly

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 01:16:46 PM »
I personally would rather just spend the extra cash and get a Duo than spend $90 on a TG16 with TB+.  You'll get that, then you'll decide you want to play CD games.  A CD drive will cost you the better part of $100, and the Super System 3.0 card will cost you the better part of $200.  So now you're getting up near $400 (and you still can't play PCE Hueys), when you can buy a region-modded Duo-R for somewhere in the $200-250 range.

Chris

I hear ya'.
I already have a region-modded DUO, so I don't really use my TG-16 anymore, but my memory bank is jam-packed full of saves, so I was really considering getting my system region-modded and getting a Turbo Booster Plus, so that I could play my HuCards on it and save their game save on it, and reserve my DUO's save banks for my Turbo CD games.  It's just an idea that I got from someone else on this forum.  What I probably ought to do is just get a couple of Tennoke Banks for extra save capacity.

Jibbajaba

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 02:39:32 PM »
Yup, get a Tennokoe Bank Card.  Problem solved.  I got one a couple of weeks ago for $5.

Chris