Author Topic: eBay prices much higher?  (Read 467 times)

lukester

eBay prices much higher?
« on: November 26, 2012, 09:54:05 AM »
It's been a while since I've bought some PC Engine games, so I decided to sell some. While looking at the prices of my games on eBay, I noticed something. In only a year, many games have shot up in value by $10 or $20, and are much rarer. Aero Blasters, a common game, only has one $55 copy! Why do you think that is?

PunkicCyborg

Re: eBay prices much higher?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 09:59:57 AM »
sell here instead for what you think is a fair price :)
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

lukester

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 10:12:43 AM »
sell here instead for what you think is a fair price :)
Check my sales thread for fair prices, much cheaper than eBay. :)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 10:16:45 AM »
I'd say most games are about the same price, after accounting for the piss poor exchange rate anyway.  There's a few exceptions to the rule though, namely stuff like Magical Chase and Tatsujin (games that have been going up in price for a while).
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 10:22:10 AM by Necromancer »
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

lukester

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 10:21:14 AM »
I don't know, a very common game like Gradius is now about $40. :(

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 10:25:13 AM »
I don't know, a very common game like Gradius is now about $40. :(

Maybe in gotta have it right now BINs, but there's plenty of recently ended auctions in the $15-25 range.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

vestcoat

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 10:36:29 AM »
BIN's are always going up and always irrelevant. Otherwise, PCE hucards have gone up a little bit and CDs are generally down. Dracula X, Godzilla, and Rainbow Isles are cheaper than ever. The rising prices are the games that clueless North American noobs would be familiar with that they can't burn on CDRs: Shinobi, Ninja Gaiden, Gradius, Life Force, 1943, etc.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 10:38:05 AM by vestcoat »

lukester

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 10:39:20 AM »
Pac-Land is still very cheap though. It's the same BIN. How much is Dracula X now?

vestcoat

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 10:43:31 AM »
Pac-Land is still very cheap though. It's the same BIN.
Obviously. Games like Pac-land will never fetch anything.

How much is Dracula X now?
Some copies auctioned for $40-70 this year.

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 10:45:28 AM »
Thanks for considering selling to fellow forum members :)

Pac-Land is still very cheap though. It's the same BIN. How much is Dracula X now?
I got a drac x for $60 off ebay within  the last year but average seems to be $75-80. If you look through the ebay listings often you'll notice most high BINs get relisted over and over and over and over.........
There are still plenty of great deals to be found if you are patient ;)
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

lukester

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 11:20:12 AM »
There are many PC Engine games I would love to buy, but before I had enough money to buy systems, I just bought a few hundred games from the Wii Virtual Console. So technically I got Dracula X for $9. :D

Trenton_net

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2012, 03:12:11 PM »
I think I paid about 39-40 dollars for my Dracula X. I also paid about $27 for my Ninja Gaiden and about $39 for Parasol Stars. Of course, all my deals over the years came direct from Japan and not eBay.  Now days eBay is such a rip. Everyone is on the "Retro gaming is cool" fad so collecting for any system is getting more expensive.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 03:20:34 PM by Trenton_net »

lukester

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2012, 09:53:32 PM »
My Parasol Stars was bought for about $35, but it was a loose Hucard. I had lots of fun with it, but it's getting old beating the game with 30 credits.

Black Tiger

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2012, 05:34:48 AM »
It's been a while since I've bought some PC Engine games, so I decided to sell some. While looking at the prices of my games on eBay, I noticed something. In only a year, many games have shot up in value by $10 or $20, and are much rarer. Aero Blasters, a common game, only has one $55 copy! Why do you think that is?

It has more to do with your not knowing how ti search eBay effectively. Asking priceless are meaningless except when they fail to sell, in which case they indicate that the market value is lower than that. It also helps to figure out how a game could be listed, such as "Aeroblasters" or "Aero Blasters". Aeroblasters currently has BIN listings under $20 and sold listings of around $20 - $25 for complete copies and about half that for loose copies. Unfortunately, there are enough buyers who don't understand eBay or game buying in general, who will buy listings at several times the current eBay value, thinking that they're paying the going rate. This has led to gougers buying upevery copy they can and sitting on them, waiting for overpriced listings to eventually sell.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2012, 03:56:43 PM »
I got mine in a lot of 8 for around $80 about 8 months ago. I got lucky cause the guy listed it under n64 instead of pc enigne so I ended up getting it for a decent price. Sometimes people just put things in the wrong category and you end up getting pretty good deals if you are patient enough (as stated many times over).