Author Topic: True value for Us Version Lords Of Thunder factory sealed ???  (Read 890 times)

Nec.Game.head

True value for Us Version Lords Of Thunder factory sealed ???
« on: November 28, 2012, 04:48:25 AM »
Just wondering If you guys can tell me what a sealed copy of Us Lords Of thunder is really worth ?? A local shop were I live has one for $100.00 dollars ..
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

Gogan

Re: True value for Us Version Lords Of Thunder factory sealed ???
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 04:50:11 AM »
49.99 true value
Nothin beats the real thing.

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 05:13:23 AM »
$50 as that was what it was worth when it came out brand new. You would think its Japanese cousin Winds of Thunder would be cheaper but as of late thats gone up in price as well...

Bernie

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 05:53:03 AM »
I bought mine sealed last year, and paid 35 bucks I believe, plus shipping.  100 is too much IMO for that game, seeing as how they pop up for sale a lot.

mrhaboobi

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 05:58:04 AM »
id' pay $100 for sure.. because no doubt it has "RARE" written on the label somewhere which always means its worth alot.. :)
Looking for (MINT ONLY)
US Manual : Magical Chase, Shockman 
US Box : Turrican,  Soldier Blade, New Adventure Island, Neutopia II
Other : Sapphire OBI, Turbo Play Aug/Sept 90, April/May 92, Turbo Edge Spring 90

PC Engine Special Cards : Bomberman User Battle

Alydnes Super Grafx

DarkKobold

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 06:14:47 AM »
Just wondering If you guys can tell me what a sealed copy of Us Lords Of thunder is really worth ?? A local shop were I live has one for $100.00 dollars ..

Depends on what you mean by "really worth." To the people on this forum, it is worth far less than the general FMV.

http://videogames.pricecharting.com/game/turbografx-16/lords-of-thunder-%5Bsuper-cd%5D

VGPC puts it at $135 new, so you might be able to flip it on ebay for that, if that is your goal.

To me, a CD case wrapped in plastic isn't worth anything more than a CD case not wrapped in plastic. That doesn't mean, to the right person, it isn't worth that. When it comes to sealed items, that is what the question of worth really comes down to. Are you looking to make a profit, and if so, are you willing to put in the leg work to find that one buyer who will make it worth your time?

If you want the game for yourself, hold out for an unsealed copy, imo. You can get it much cheaper, even on eBay.
Hey, you.

mrhaboobi

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 06:19:09 AM »
some of us do value sealed stuff on these forums ( not many but some ;) ), but i still wouldnt pay $100 for a sealed copy of THAT game.. would i even consider to what VGPC lists it at?  no..  given that one sold for 78 new on there lists.. if i was buying sealed id say 50 - 75 tops and that would be on ebay.. but thats my opinion, 175 is way over the top..
Looking for (MINT ONLY)
US Manual : Magical Chase, Shockman 
US Box : Turrican,  Soldier Blade, New Adventure Island, Neutopia II
Other : Sapphire OBI, Turbo Play Aug/Sept 90, April/May 92, Turbo Edge Spring 90

PC Engine Special Cards : Bomberman User Battle

Alydnes Super Grafx

motdelbourt

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 07:05:39 AM »
I'd pay $80-100 for it based on awesomeness of the game relative to what else that much money will get you, everything else being equal. No idea what it goes for.

vestcoat

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 07:32:47 AM »
I like how Kobold assumes NGH might be a reseller and then proceeds to give him advice.

NGH - Is it worth that much? No. Are you going to find it sealed for less? No. Buy a used copy.

DarkKobold

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 09:16:16 AM »
I like how Kobold assumes NGH might be a reseller and then proceeds to give him advice.

I gave him two pieces of advice. One for reselling, and one for gaming. No assumptions were made. He asked "what is worth?"

But your straight up No answer is soooo much more helpful and informative.

Oh well, continue making shit up about me.
Hey, you.

Bernie

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2012, 09:21:10 AM »
I'm pretty sure nec wanted advice for gaming.  Lords of Thunder certainly is not a 100 dollar title, even sealed.  Like I said earlier, I bought mine sealed just last year for under 50 shipped.  It pops up a lot on eBay.

turboswimbz

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2012, 09:34:00 AM »
I've watched this one quite a bit, I would say $50 is a good price up to $75 if you really want it. 

If your going to keep it sealed and collect sealed games that is,

If you want to open and play it I'd say don't spend more than $50 or get an opened copy.  And since you didn't but it right away as a must have, I'd say that it isn't worth spending that much just yet and you should sit and wait, LoT is pretty common. 

I've been waiting for an open copy to come along that's well under $50 myself to play it.

Just 1 of many suggestions on here, but hope it helps.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

vestcoat

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2012, 09:42:52 AM »
What did I make up? You literary told him that he could buy it, flip it, and gouge the Turbo community for $35 profit.

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2012, 09:55:55 AM »
What did I make up? You literary told him that he could buy it, flip it, and gouge the Turbo community for $35 profit.

Actually I think he suggested gouging the ebay community, but at any rate yeah that's basically what he did. If you plan to play the game, just buy a used copy. Theres no point in blowing 100 bucks for a sealed one with the intention of opening it and playing it when you can buy a used mint copy for $30-40 less and get the same results.

DarkKobold

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2012, 10:18:40 AM »

That I made an assumption about his motives.

Jeez, this forum absolutely hates a different perspective.  He made no specifications as to why he asked "What is it worth?" So I gave a different view point, with some historical data to back it up. I didn't say he should, or would, just that he could.

Finally, it wouldn't be gouging the "turbo community." Anyone willing to pay a 100% premium on a sealed game is one of those "rich-collector-types" that you'll rant about. So, why do you care what those collector types are willing to pay? I thought you hated them.

If you plan to play the game, just buy a used copy. Theres no point in blowing 100 bucks for a sealed one with the intention of opening it and playing it when you can buy a used mint copy for $30-40 less and get the same results.

I completely agree.
Hey, you.