Author Topic: True value for Us Version Lords Of Thunder factory sealed ???  (Read 893 times)

Nec.Game.head

Re: True value for Us Version Lords Of Thunder factory sealed ???
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2012, 11:04:34 AM »
I'm  looking to buy it for myself flip a coin and decide if im going to open it play it or save it for a good trade in the future
.. I've have been wanting a copy for some time now.. Even before i bought my Duo-R .. So 100 bucks is a little on the steep side..
I know i can buy a jp version for much cheaper but i want a Us copy.. Gonna try to haggle down the price to 80 bucks then.. 
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2012, 11:18:49 AM »
Just be aware you will be less likely to be able to move it here and recoup what you spent either way it goes, trade or sell wise, if its a new sealed copy. Not many here do the sealed game bit, just a few here and there, so you really would be better off taking it to ebay if you plan to break even or rake in a profit. Be aware also, for what its worth, you'll make more friends then enemies here BY NOT advertising about doing this kind of stuff. No one here really cares much to help the ebay resell market, nor people who are relatively new here and partake in that activity. It will create a bit of distrust on your end, because people sell games lower then ebay prices often here and cut other members deals. People will second guess giving a guy a deal if they know hes the one buying stuff and taking it straight to ebay for profit.

If you want to know what a game sells for on there, go check completed auctions and keep it to yourself. What it will sell for on there is going to vary from what it will sell for here for obvious reasons everyone's tired of repeating ad nauseam.

vestcoat

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2012, 11:35:13 AM »
+1

Just get yourself a used copy and have fun.

The only other thing I'll add is keep in mind that Lords is by no means rare. It's become somewhat expensive because it's one of the best U.S. games and because the price of ALL U.S. games is inflating. LoT probably had more promotion and better distribution than any other SCD game during the Duo's heyday. Then TZD sold thirty-dollar sealed copies for over a decade and never ran out of stock. Then a bunch of us bought ten-dollar sealed copies from Game Express when they were clearing out. There are a lot of sealed copies out there.

Nec.Game.head

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2012, 02:29:05 PM »
Sounds like it's not even worth the trouble of haggling with the guy for even 80 bucks now .. Honestly I thought having sealed games was also part of collecting and trading with friends .. I'm having second thoughts now .. I'm just gonna look around until I can find a used copy that is in great condition to keep for myself .. I'm here on this site because I genuinely love playing the old games from our past, not to make a profit off of new potential friends .. With that said I would still love to own a Us copy of Lords Of Thunder one day .. I freakin love playing that game !!! I'm an old school kinda guy and after all these years I am finally getting my Turbo fix that I couldn't afford when I was a kid growing up !!!

Thanks you guys for giving me the honest truth about how these things work ...
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

MotherGunner

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2012, 02:42:51 PM »
Holy shit, I bought mine on Ebay out of all places for $24.99 sealed and shipped about 4 years ago.  Times have changed...=/
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2012, 02:48:47 PM »
Sounds like it's not even worth the trouble of haggling with the guy for even 80 bucks now .. Honestly I thought having sealed games was also part of collecting and trading with friends .. I'm having second thoughts now .. I'm just gonna look around until I can find a used copy that is in great condition to keep for myself .. I'm here on this site because I genuinely love playing the old games from our past, not to make a profit off of new potential friends .. With that said I would still love to own a Us copy of Lords Of Thunder one day .. I freakin love playing that game !!! I'm an old school kinda guy and after all these years I am finally getting my Turbo fix that I couldn't afford when I was a kid growing up !!!

Thanks you guys for giving me the honest truth about how these things work ...

Like what has been said before, buy a used copy off ebay for a bit cheaper. Nothings stopping you really if you want to play the game.

Nec.Game.head

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2012, 03:16:33 PM »
Gonna start my hunt for a cheaply priced Us copy .. I freakin love all the songs on that game !! Old school metal all the way :twisted: !!! I downloaded a copy just to test out my Tg16 cd player a friend gave me weeks ago and to play the sound tracks of off my computer .. I'm kinda nervous about playing the game on my Duo-R .. I wouldn't want to take the chance of damaging my laser .. Do you guys know of any other shumps that have similar game play like Lords Of Thunder, and also have kick ass metal tracks ??? Trying to convince my girlfriend to buy me a few games for my b-day a week and a half from now ..

Thanks you guys for all the advice ...

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2012, 03:29:05 PM »
that game is to awesome to be sealed and unplayed.
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

mrhaboobi

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2012, 11:10:41 AM »
id take the sealed one off your hands in trade for a mint unsealed and a few bucks ;)  Always an option, but you'd want to get their price down a bit more.
Looking for (MINT ONLY)
US Manual : Magical Chase, Shockman 
US Box : Turrican,  Soldier Blade, New Adventure Island, Neutopia II
Other : Sapphire OBI, Turbo Play Aug/Sept 90, April/May 92, Turbo Edge Spring 90

PC Engine Special Cards : Bomberman User Battle

Alydnes Super Grafx

Nec.Game.head

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2012, 06:57:50 PM »
I was just asking what the true value was here, because I don't base games value of off what mainstream collector/sellers say especially on ebay .. I'm a total noob when it comes to my Turbo facts and value on this stuff, but that's why I'm here and I ask you guys for advice .. I figured saving a sealed copy might be cool that's all .. I know growing up I could never save my toys or personal belongings for that long, that's why now as an adult I can always have two of the same thing if I'd like to .. One to play and enjoy, and another to save sealed .. The way I see it is that someone later in the future might be really stoaked to own a sealed mint copy of this game, and might want to trade me for it .. I don't care too much about sealed items but I do know that some people do .. I have never sold my friends games but have always traded with them .. But that also doesn't mean that I won't pay money for games from mom and pop stores or private sellers .. My apology's if I seemed like a profit $$$ hungry game nerd .. I truly really enjoy this pce life that I'm learning about each and everyday that passes .. Gonna buy a used copy first then later when I have the extra dough go haggle with the store dude for 65 bucks if I buy a few other items from his store .. I'll just be sure to give him the facts first about the pricing so that he doesn't try to bs me about it being rare .. The store dude, which is the owner is pretty reasonable and knows me well ...

Thanks for the reply's ....

Otaking

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2012, 11:11:46 PM »
copy of Us Lords Of thunder is really worth ??

It's true value is 1 million dollars as it's simply the greatest game ever created!!!!

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2012, 03:48:33 AM »
I bought mine sealed last year, and paid 35 bucks I believe, plus shipping.  100 is too much IMO for that game, seeing as how they pop up for sale a lot.

35$ Sealed from TZD before they blew up.  Or maybe it was 30$.  Either way,

Anything more is dumb.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Black Tiger

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2012, 04:25:49 AM »
Sealed CD games were $30 at TZD up until the end.

Lords is the Keith Courage of Turbo CD games. They printed a huge amount of them as they marketed the entire console around the game.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

DarkKobold

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2012, 07:21:42 AM »

Lords is the Keith Courage of Turbo CD games. They printed a huge amount of them as they marketed the entire console around the game.

Wouldn't Gate of Thunder be the KC of TurboCD games, since it was the pack in?

I'd see Lords more like Bonk's Adventure, since Bonk was suppose to carry the TG16 on his back, or oversized head.
Hey, you.