Author Topic: True value for Us Version Lords Of Thunder factory sealed ???  (Read 887 times)

Black Tiger

Re: True value for Us Version Lords Of Thunder factory sealed ???
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2012, 09:07:50 AM »

Lords is the Keith Courage of Turbo CD games. They printed a huge amount of them as they marketed the entire console around the game.

Wouldn't Gate of Thunder be the KC of TurboCD games, since it was the pack in?

I'd see Lords more like Bonk's Adventure, since Bonk was suppose to carry the TG16 on his back, or oversized head.

For the past fifteen years I've seen the ratio of Lords over Gate copies available online as at least 4:1. Lords has always been cheaper on the secondary market. Lords is more well known outside the Turbo community than Gate. Lords is more often suggested or desired as a first SCD to get. LoT is as desirable and well known as any Turbo game, yet TZD still couldn't sell out of it up to the end. Who knows how many stacks of sealed copies of LoT were still in the TZD warehouse after everyone in the world who wanted one had over a decade to buy it new. Now all those clueless sealed game collectors are going to pass around those sealed copies of LoT as though it's some rare find, instead of as the common game it actually is as both complete and sealed.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

SNKNostalgia

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2012, 04:43:55 AM »
I got mine new from TZD when they had the buy 1 get the second game half off 4 to 5 years ago. I got Lords of Thunder and Forgotten Worlds for $45. So $30 each for the original prices. This was just after when LoT was "out of stock" (yeah right) and it was put up for sale again with this deal that week.

Nec.Game.head

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2012, 06:55:13 PM »
Wow after reading all these post I'm super glad I didn't break bread and pay 100 bucks for a game that isn't rare at all, and that they made so many copies of .. I almost got suckered with the it's sealed and is a rare title bs ..Thanks for all the helpful info guys ..
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

Otaking

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2012, 06:45:30 AM »
Wow after reading all these post I'm super glad I didn't break bread and pay 1000000 bucks for a game that isn't rare at all

It would've been worth every cent.  :D

Nec.Game.head

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2012, 07:23:34 AM »
lol yeah right !!! Paying 1,000,000 dollars is not worth it after reading all these post ... Maybe if the store dude sells it to me for 50,000,000 cents I will consider buying it from him ... I like paying for stuff at stores with pennies .. It totally makes me feel like a super rich dude, when counting that much change in front of total strangers !!! Dose anyone have a used copy they can sell me for about 5,000 pennies ???
LMFAOL Hah !!! I'm such a noob, and you guys are totally killing me here [-X [-X [-X !!!
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!