Author Topic: Panic Bomber Virtual Boy vs PC Engine  (Read 667 times)

esteban

Re: Panic Bomber Virtual Boy vs PC Engine
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2012, 09:34:38 AM »
I'm partial to the Neo Geo version of Panic Bomber myself.

I've never played the PC Engine version, but for what it's worth, Panic Bomber on Virtual Boy is a good game. Believe it or not, I'm actually a fan of the Virtual Boy in general.  :-"

To be honest, I never really gave Panic Bomber a chance (I was too busy playing Puyo Puyo!)... I suppose Panic Bomber might actually have some potential to be interesting, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
http://junk.tg-16.com/audio/Slime_World/Slime_World_04.mp3
  |    | 

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2012, 06:08:11 PM »
Heh, I just got a game on PS3 called Retro City Rampage.  You can choose different color settings that mimic various consoles & old PC's like the ZX Spectrum(renamed XZ Moonbeam!), & there's one that mimics the Vitrual Boy's colors, & it's called Virtual Burn! :)

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2012, 03:47:35 AM »
I love both versions of Panic bomber!!  The Super CD version has amazing audio and a great overworld map and entertaining characters and animations.  The VB version is cool too.  It retains most of the gameplay that the PCE version has, along with neat scaling and grafx.  I also really dig the stereo sound on the VB, which I swear is just a suped up SuperGrafx sound chip!!

Also, to note- I'd say both are far superior to the PSP one I've been playing lately.  Lack of storyline mode and some characters has me wanting more.  Still, ok... but not as good as the previously mentioned ones.  :D

td741

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2012, 04:12:29 AM »
I remember my main issue with the VB Panic Bomber has so many layers at different "distances" that it was distracting and I had trouble paying attention to the actual play area.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2012, 09:22:57 AM »
I love both versions of Panic bomber!!  The Super CD version has amazing audio and a great overworld map and entertaining characters and animations.  The VB version is cool too.  It retains most of the gameplay that the PCE version has, along with neat scaling and grafx.  I also really dig the stereo sound on the VB, which I swear is just a suped up SuperGrafx sound chip!!

Also, to note- I'd say both are far superior to the PSP one I've been playing lately.  Lack of storyline mode and some characters has me wanting more.  Still, ok... but not as good as the previously mentioned ones.  :D

Wait, what?  There's a PSP version of Panic Bomber? I'm probably misunderstanding something, especially since I'm sick with a cold & just woke up. :P

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2012, 09:26:33 AM »
Ooo, there is a PSP version: .  8)
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

esteban

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2012, 03:55:32 PM »
Ooo, there is a PSP version:
8)

That doesn't look or sound nearly as nice as the PCE Powerhouse version.
  |    | 

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2012, 06:14:57 PM »
8)

Woah, wierd, I hadn't heard of it till now.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2012, 10:54:57 PM »
8)

It totally isn't.  It's ok for quick play on the road or in between meals..... I just wish the VB was a portable game console.... then I could play a legit version of Panic Bomber at the airport.  ;)

lukester

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2012, 12:54:13 AM »
.  8)

It totally isn't.  It's ok for quick play on the road or in between meals..... I just wish the VB was a portable game console.... then I could play a legit version of Panic Bomber at the airport.  ;)

Yes it is portable.