Author Topic: I is Sad: A sparky home grown insert story  (Read 954 times)

MotherGunner

Re: I is Sad: A sparky home grown insert story
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2012, 04:02:35 PM »
Awe c'mon Sparks, Nowhere on this thread did I blame you.  If I thought it was something you did I would have.  It's totally cool.  E-hug?
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Sparky

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2012, 04:09:35 PM »
Then why did you not contact me directly?  I would have sent you a dozen of inserts, give the guy that means well a heads up :(.

MotherGunner

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2012, 04:16:43 PM »
Because it was not something you did.  (Like I said).  I feel you don't owe me anything for something that is not explainable.  Fair enough?
-MG

Sparky

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2012, 04:22:10 PM »
Oh you did not stutter... I heard ya.... I just dont get why you would not contact me directly?

MotherGunner

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2012, 04:30:46 PM »
Ok Sparks, sorry I can't seem to get my point across and sorry if you took this thread or my comments personally.  Wasn't my intent.  Thanks for the offer to replace it but I'll kindly decline.
-MG

Sparky

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2012, 04:39:37 PM »
Ok Sparks, sorry I can't seem to get my point across and sorry if you took this thread or my comments personally.  Wasn't my intent.  Thanks for the offer to replace it but I'll kindly decline.

You chose to post to everyone about your insert sticking instead of contacting me about the problem.. Do you get me? If I had a problem with something you sold me I would contact you directly.

MotherGunner

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2012, 04:42:10 PM »
Assuming you blamed me of course.  I did not blame you for what happened.  And a better tone from you would prevail here.  I have extended an apology to you.
-MG

Sparky

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2012, 04:48:47 PM »
Yes you did apologies.. But I am asking why you posted this when we could have discussed this with me privately?

MotherGunner

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2012, 05:36:56 PM »
Simple.  I didn't see a need for it since I didn't believe you or your inserts were/are the problem.  If I felt otherwise, consider yourself pm'ed.  Conversely, I am not in the practice of walking on egg shells for anyone.  If by me using "Sparky" hits a sore note with you or if you perceive your name is being tarnished (which many that have spoken up here and also respect you have not drawn such a conclusion or even suggested it) I can't help you with that.  What I can offer are the balls and humility to apologize like a man if I offended you.  Give me some credit, I am not known for f*cking people on these forums and give me the benefit of the doubt that SHOULD I have an personal issue with you, I will reach out.  It is my perception you are being way too sensitive about something I view as trivial.  Oh and if that offends you, what can I say Sparky, will another apology come off as patronizing?
-MG

SignOfZeta

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2012, 06:32:06 PM »
Yes you did apologies.. But I am asking why you posted this when we could have discussed this with me privately?

If your concern is for your image then...these weird offended posts are doing far more to harm it.

Mothergunner did not intend to out you as a fraud. He was just making an observation. He had no idea you'd be so offended. He and everyone but me think your inserts are f*cking awesome.

Now that that's out of the way...

So are these actually made on a web press? It seems like that would be extremely expensive. I'd think setup fees alone would be at least a grand. I haven't worked in that business (thankfully) in at least a decade though so I don't know if there are new ways of doing things for less now or something.

If they're made from a laser printer then...that's why. As Mike said, time would fix this. Maybe a day in the sun.

Sparky

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2012, 03:01:15 AM »
If your concern is for your image then...these weird offended posts are doing far more to harm it.

Mothergunner did not intend to out you as a fraud. He was just making an observation. He had no idea you'd be so offended.

Ya maybe I am being a sensitive Sally sipping some wine last night. My precious feelings only came into play when I saw this thread,
for me it makes sense to talk to the guy that did them for you directly.

Where the f*ck did fraud come from dr. Zeta? I was bit angry and that's me and thats it, so I over reacted and for that my apologies to mothergunner, but I still think he could have started with me first.

There laser outputs.

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2012, 03:27:34 AM »
Emotional stuff aside, it's not your fault Sparky. Ink is going to do its own thing, and you cant control that, the temperature, humidity, etc of the environment the inserts will be used in. The best you can do is to just let the buyer know they may want to let the insert air out after delivery for a couple of days or something before use.

MotherGunner

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2012, 04:16:10 AM »
Sparky, apology accepted.  Much appreciated.
-MG

esteban

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2012, 09:06:11 AM »

PROTIP: Peace, love and harmony for TG-16/PCE community.
  |    | 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2012, 04:05:44 AM »
Hugs and reacharounds for everyone!
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles