Author Topic: TurboGrafx TurboChip Games For Sale  (Read 3464 times)

DarkKobold

Re: TurboGrafx TurboChip Games For Sale
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2012, 09:26:13 AM »

PM me if you want a price. Again, I go mainly by the rarity guide and not ebay since not much is selling on Ebay anymore. There is a severe lack of buyers for just about anything on Ebay. Also, these games aren't really for sale. I mean, they are if you really want them at the price I'm asking or at least around that price or a fair offer for a bundle of games. I'm always willing to lower prices for the good people here. I just won't give them away. These games mean a lot to me. :-)

I don't mean to be rude, but things on ebay aren't selling?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=turbografx%20cadash&rt=nc&LH_PrefLoc=0&LH_Complete=1

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=turbografx+cadash&_osacat=0&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313&_nkw=turbografx+parasol+stars&_sacat=0

Most of the auctions and BINs are sold. There are plenty of buyers on Ebay. In fact, that is what pisses off this forum the most, that people are willing to pay ebay-level prices for turbografx games, driving the prices up.

Rarity Guide sucks, it is massively out dated, and most of the rarities were gotten from the Dept. of Statistics Pulled From Sphincter Regions. I actually petitioned the mods of reddit.com/r/gamecollecting to remove Rarity guide from its informational sidebar, because the pricing and rarities were sooo inaccurate. Here is the PM I sent the mods.

Rarity guide does a massive disservice to new members of the community, as the information is either massively outdated ($prices), or just straight up wrong (rarities), to the point of being laughable.

Some examples to convince you:

Sculptor's Cut is listed as $38 loose. It is routinely sold for $100-150.
    Hagane is listed for $35 loose. I wish. $200-300 these days.
    Sculptor's Cut is listed as 82% rarity. Harvest Moon is listed as 81%. These aren't even in the same class (rarest game for the system, vs. uncommon)
    Hagane is a laughable 51% rarity.
    Chew Man Fu is listed as the 2nd rarest TG16 game, at 94%. This is ridiculous, it is actually uncommon.
    Legend of Hero Tonma is listed at 58%. It is ridiculously rare.
    World Sports Competition is listed at 17%. It is one of the rarest games for the system

It took me 10 minutes to find these absurd numbers. This information is wrong, bad, and we should discourage its use.

DK

Don't get me wrong, its your stuff, and clearly, if you don't want to sell it, keep it! If people want to pay you the price you want, then sell it! This rant was more aimed at rarity guide than your prices or policies.
Hey, you.

SegaSaturn51195

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2012, 09:35:47 AM »
Bumped for shipping update. Get free shipping in the US if you buy 5 or more games. 1-2 games is $4 shipping, 3-4 games is $6 shipping since with packaging the weight will be above the first class mail limit. Not desperate to sell the games since I love the Turbo and my collection, but I'm willing to part with some of these games for a fair price. 
Pay my prices, or else!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2012, 10:05:11 AM »
Most of the auctions and BINs are sold.

Rather than cherry pick a pair of titles to prove some point, I searched for just plain turbografx; of the first two pages of completed auctions, 231 of the 400 were unsold (58%).

In fact, that is what pisses off this forum the most, that people are willing to pay ebay-level prices for turbografx games, driving the prices up.

Yep, a wise man once said "there's a sucker born every minute".  Obviously not enough to buy up all the overpriced stuff on eBay, though, else there wouldn't be so many unsold auctions.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

jelloslug

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2012, 10:18:32 AM »
I sent you another PM

SegaSaturn51195

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2012, 10:34:08 AM »

PM me if you want a price. Again, I go mainly by the rarity guide and not ebay since not much is selling on Ebay anymore. There is a severe lack of buyers for just about anything on Ebay. Also, these games aren't really for sale. I mean, they are if you really want them at the price I'm asking or at least around that price or a fair offer for a bundle of games. I'm always willing to lower prices for the good people here. I just won't give them away. These games mean a lot to me. :-)

I don't mean to be rude, but things on ebay aren't selling?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=turbografx%20cadash&rt=nc&LH_PrefLoc=0&LH_Complete=1

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=turbografx+cadash&_osacat=0&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313&_nkw=turbografx+parasol+stars&_sacat=0

Most of the auctions and BINs are sold. There are plenty of buyers on Ebay. In fact, that is what pisses off this forum the most, that people are willing to pay ebay-level prices for turbografx games, driving the prices up.

Rarity Guide sucks, it is massively out dated, and most of the rarities were gotten from the Dept. of Statistics Pulled From Sphincter Regions. I actually petitioned the mods of reddit.com/r/gamecollecting to remove Rarity guide from its informational sidebar, because the pricing and rarities were sooo inaccurate. Here is the PM I sent the mods.

Rarity guide does a massive disservice to new members of the community, as the information is either massively outdated ($prices), or just straight up wrong (rarities), to the point of being laughable.

Some examples to convince you:

Sculptor's Cut is listed as $38 loose. It is routinely sold for $100-150.
    Hagane is listed for $35 loose. I wish. $200-300 these days.
    Sculptor's Cut is listed as 82% rarity. Harvest Moon is listed as 81%. These aren't even in the same class (rarest game for the system, vs. uncommon)
    Hagane is a laughable 51% rarity.
    Chew Man Fu is listed as the 2nd rarest TG16 game, at 94%. This is ridiculous, it is actually uncommon.
    Legend of Hero Tonma is listed at 58%. It is ridiculously rare.
    World Sports Competition is listed at 17%. It is one of the rarest games for the system

It took me 10 minutes to find these absurd numbers. This information is wrong, bad, and we should discourage its use.

DK

Don't get me wrong, its your stuff, and clearly, if you don't want to sell it, keep it! If people want to pay you the price you want, then sell it! This rant was more aimed at rarity guide than your prices or policies.

Dude, don't mess up my thread by taking things personally. If you have something to say, say it in a PM. And in my opinion, things on Ebay are not selling. I've had a huge dropoff in that last 3-6 months, and so have others. If you expect to get games free, or super cheap, find another seller. I don't give stuff away for super cheap prices, and I don't price gouge either. I don't believe the rarity guide is out of date. Are some things on that site a bit out of date? Sure. But I don't go by Ebay prices either. I've done great deals with people here, sold about a dozen games here recently at good prices with free shipping, so don't get all hurt because I wouldn't sell you Cadash and Parasol Stars for $10 shipped. :-) Thank you...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 10:40:20 AM by SegaSaturn51195 »
Pay my prices, or else!

munchiaz

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2012, 10:44:55 AM »
PM sent

vestcoat

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2012, 10:51:25 AM »
PM me if you want a price. Again, I go mainly by the rarity guide and not ebay since not much is selling on Ebay anymore. There is a severe lack of buyers for just about anything on Ebay. Also, these games aren't really for sale. I mean, they are if you really want them at the price I'm asking or at least around that price or a fair offer for a bundle of games.
 And in my opinion, things on Ebay are not selling. I've had a huge dropoff in that last 3-6 months
I'm so sorry to hear you're having trouble profiting on our hobby. Have you...uhm, ever tried ACTIONING anything on ebay? Starting at, like, a dollar? I get watchers and bids for retro video games faster than anything else I've ever sold with the possible exception of Beta Magic Cards. Retro games invariably attract a bidding war and end way higher than I thought possible.

Maybe this isn't true, but it sounds like you want to sell these here for more than you can get on ebay. If so, I suggest you run for the hills.

These games mean a lot to me....I don't mind parting with 10, 20 or 30 games for some extra cash for the holidays... Turbo is one of my favorite game systems of all-time.
:-k
Contradict much?

My collection is a living, breathing collection. I sell. I buy. I collect. I sell. I buy.
Again, I go mainly by the rarity guide and not ebay since not much is selling on Ebay anymore.
IF you're a real collector and IF you're a big-shot dealer and IF the Turbo is your favorite system, then you should know approximate prices for every game in the tiny library. You keep talking about your fair prices, why don't you just post them? The only sellers who come around here pointing to price guides and rarity lists are the ones trying to justify inflated prices (like your $10+ TV Sports games).

SegaSaturn51195

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2012, 11:01:15 AM »
PM me if you want a price. Again, I go mainly by the rarity guide and not ebay since not much is selling on Ebay anymore. There is a severe lack of buyers for just about anything on Ebay. Also, these games aren't really for sale. I mean, they are if you really want them at the price I'm asking or at least around that price or a fair offer for a bundle of games.
 And in my opinion, things on Ebay are not selling. I've had a huge dropoff in that last 3-6 months
I'm so sorry to hear you're having trouble profiting on our hobby. Have you...uhm, ever tried ACTIONING anything on ebay? Starting at, like, a dollar? I get watchers and bids for retro video games faster than anything else I've ever sold with the possible exception of Beta Magic Cards. Retro games invariably attract a bidding war and end way higher than I thought possible.

Maybe this isn't true, but it sounds like you want to sell these here for more than you can get on ebay. If so, I suggest you run for the hills.

These games mean a lot to me....I don't mind parting with 10, 20 or 30 games for some extra cash for the holidays... Turbo is one of my favorite game systems of all-time.
Contradict much?

My collection is a living, breathing collection. I sell. I buy. I collect. I sell. I buy.
Again, I go mainly by the rarity guide and not ebay since not much is selling on Ebay anymore.
IF you're a real collector and IF you're a big-shot dealer and IF the Turbo is your favorite system, then you should know approximate prices for every game in the tiny library. You keep talking about your fair prices, why don't you just post them? The only sellers who come around here pointing to price guides and rarity lists are the ones trying to justify inflated prices (like your $10+ TV Sports games).

I have 100% feedback on Ebay and have sold many games and bought many more games than I've ever sold. I'm no dealer, that's for sure. I'm not trying to justify any inflated prices. If you don't think Cadash is worth $50 shipped, offer $30 or $40. I may accept it, I may not. Again, I sold all of my CD games here within days at prices people thought were very fair and even paid for shipping. And I don't see anything wrong TV Sports games priced at $10 shipped. That's $6 plus $4 shipping. No one has even made an offer or requested those crappy games, so I have no idea what you're talking about anyway. People have mainly expressed interest in the same games: Bonk's Revenge, Cadash, Parasol Stars, Splatterhouse. I already sold Raiden and Psychosis for good prices to good people. The moral of the story is not to take it personally if you can't get Parasol Stars for $10 shipped by Express Mail. If you don't agree with the quoted prices, or feel they're too high, or you want a bundle deal, free shipping, just make a counter offer.
Pay my prices, or else!

SegaSaturn51195

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2012, 11:10:21 AM »

Contradict much?

I have 100% feedback on Ebay and have sold many games and bought many more games than I've ever sold. I'm no dealer, that's for sure. I'm not trying to justify any inflated prices. If you don't think Cadash is worth $50 shipped, offer $30 or $40. I may accept it, I may not. Again, I sold all of my CD games here within days at prices people thought were very fair and even paid for shipping. And I don't see anything wrong with TV Sports games priced at $10 shipped. That's $6 plus $4 shipping. No one has even made an offer or requested those crappy games (I actually like Football and Basketball, and owned the Amiga versions as well), so I have no idea what you're talking about anyway. People have mainly expressed interest in the same games: Bonk's Revenge, Cadash, Parasol Stars, Splatterhouse. I already sold Raiden and Psychosis for good prices to good people. The moral of the story is not to take it personally if you can't get Parasol Stars for $10 shipped by Express Mail. If you don't agree with the quoted prices, or feel they're too high, or you want a bundle deal, free shipping, just make a counter offer. And collecting games is my hobby as well. If you think it wasn't difficult to part with Ys I & II, Ys III, Forgotten Worlds, no matter the price, you're crazy, because with every game I decide to sell, a piece of my soul goes with it.
Pay my prices, or else!

MotherGunner

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2012, 11:10:28 AM »
Come on guys, he has been extra reasonable from the beginning and willing to cut his prices for those who are serious about buying.  Our board members have benefitted and are benefitting from his sales and I think it's time we backed off. 

Don't like his prices?  Outstanding, take it offline and negotiate with him.

Can we do that?
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

KnightWarrior

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2012, 11:11:53 AM »
Does the TV Sports Series Command alot like over $10

I see one on ebay for $16 shipped CIB no Cardboard..That's too much for a Old Football Game

But the OP can dictate the price he wants, $4 for Sports Games regardless want system it's on

Just my 2 cents

DarkKobold

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2012, 11:14:34 AM »

Dude, don't mess up my thread by taking things personally. If you have something to say, say it in a PM. And in my opinion, things on Ebay are not selling. I've had a huge dropoff in that last 3-6 months, and so have others. If you expect to get games free, or super cheap, find another seller. I don't give stuff away for super cheap prices, and I don't price gouge either. I don't believe the rarity guide is out of date. Are some things on that site a bit out of date? Sure. But I don't go by Ebay prices either. I've done great deals with people here, sold about a dozen games here recently at good prices with free shipping, so don't get all hurt because I wouldn't sell you Cadash and Parasol Stars for $10 shipped. :-) Thank you...

I seriously didn't mean anything personal. Nor did I expect Cadash and Parasol Stars shipped for $10, that is absurd. $5 would be reasonable. (Joking!) Also, you did a great drop with selling those CDs. Started high, and worked your way low.

I didn't mean to thread crap, I was just stating my problems with rarity guide.  It sounds like you won't be dropping your prices, as these have more value to you. Anyway, no offense was meant, you just gave me an opportunity to prosthelytize about the failings of rarity guide.

Rather than cherry pick a pair of titles to prove some point, I searched for just plain turbografx; of the first two pages of completed auctions, 231 of the 400 were unsold (58%).

I guess I did cherry pick, however, it was an accident. Your method is more fair.  It just happened that was just the first two items I searched, as I was interested in those titles. It was not intentional.

That said, it would be interesting to do a comparison of VGPC values, and unsold items. As the gouging thread points out, often, many sellers list items 2x-5x higher than current fair market value. I doubt many items go unsold that are within range of the current FMV.

I'm not making a claim, either way. I don't sell TG16 stuff on ebay, so I can't even speak from personal experience. That said, sales for the stuff I do sell (N64, SNES, mostly) are doing great.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 11:19:44 AM by DarkKobold »
Hey, you.

CPTRAVE

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2012, 11:14:46 AM »
He is a trusted seller also.
I sent him USD $30.00 for two games thinking he still had them, because he sent me a counteroffer which I did not bother to look at until the next day, got excited and sent him the money right away, not realizing on his post they were sold before I could respond.
He sent my money back as soon as he could.
Still want those games   :( 

SegaSaturn51195

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2012, 11:17:02 AM »
MotherGunner... people don't upset me, I like the opportunity to set them straight on a few things. I would normally keep all of these TG-16 games, but I am closer to a complete set of Sega Master System games than I am a complete set of TG-16 games, so for now the SMS takes precedence. Like I said earlier, these games aren't really for sale, I have no desire to gut my entire TG-16 collection since that would just kill me. I was just putting it out there to see who was interested in what. I can understand people getting hurt because they can't get Splatterhouse or Bonk's Revenge on the super cheap but I'm always willing to cut deals and work with people who really want the games and care about retro gaming as much as I do. At any price, it's painful to sell any games from my collection.
Pay my prices, or else!

SegaSaturn51195

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2012, 11:21:22 AM »

I seriously didn't mean anything personal. Nor did I expect Cadash and Parasol Stars shipped for $10, that is absurd. $5 would be reasonable. (Joking!) Also, you did a great drop with selling those CDs. Started high, and worked your way low.

I didn't mean to thread crap, I was just stating my problems with rarity guide.  It sounds like you won't be dropping your prices, as these have more value to you. Anyway, no offense was meant, you just gave me an opportunity to prosthelytize about the failings of rarity guide.

I guess I did cherry pick, however, it was an accident. Your method is more fair.  It just happened that was just the first two items I searched, as I was interested in those titles. It was not intentional.

That said, it would be interesting to do a comparison of VGPC values, and unsold items. As the gouging thread points out, often, many sellers list items 2x-5x higher than current fair market value. I doubt many items go unsold that are within range of the current FMV.

I'm not making a claim, either way. I don't sell TG16 stuff on ebay, so I can't even speak from personal experience. That said, sales for the stuff I do sell (N64, SNES, mostly) are doing great.

That thing about Cadash for $10 shipped was just a joke. :-)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 11:23:50 AM by SegaSaturn51195 »
Pay my prices, or else!