Author Topic: TurboGrafx TurboChip Games For Sale  (Read 3493 times)

bartre

Re: TurboGrafx TurboChip Games For Sale
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2012, 01:54:27 AM »
Sega, I fear you're throwing more fuel on the fire but I guess we can all just put on the big boy pants ;-).  On aside note, Bartre got a great deal on that Ys if it's true! He he

meh, not really.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221150648121?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ys-Books-I-II-TurboGrafx-CD-1990-Turbo-Duo-Version-/140871332293?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item20cc95f1c5
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEC-Turbografx-CD-Turbo-Duo-CD-Ys-Book-I-II-/110957774191?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item19d599456f

I'm a patient man, I can wait for my games.
I only saw one copy of Ys sell for >$30, and that sold for $40, and was a buy it now, so someone cracked, or was misinformed.

on a side note, there is no end all, be all of pricing.
when I sell stuff, I make it a point to look at at least 3, usually around 5, different sources.

for example, a local shop has a copy of mega man 5 for the NES right now, priced at $50.
does that mean it's worth $50? no, in fact, from the same store less than 6 months ago, I bought my copy for $12.
does that mean it's worth $12? not necessarily.
on ebay, I see loose carts sell at about the $30 price point. (though admittedly there are a couple that sold for much more)
on amazon, the cheapest one at the time of this posting is $32.95 +shipping.
finally, a smaller local shop had one about a month ago, that sat around for a while, priced at $27.

so how do I interpret this?
I'd say the "real" value would be in the high twenties to low thirties, depending on condition.

so what does this mean?
in essence:
have patience, a deal will come, but more importantly

vestcoat

« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2012, 03:03:22 AM »

Most people overpay collecting rare video games. That's just the way it is. You really can't expect to pay exactly what it's worth. That's delusional.
It's obvious why Saturn has fallen on hard times. Poor little Ebay refugee!

DarkKobold

« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2012, 04:52:47 AM »
Well sometimes when you want something valuable, and another seller has it, you overpay. Most people overpay collecting rare video games. That's just the way it is. You really can't expect to pay exactly what it's worth.

Um, what? As the resident "word definer guy" this is silly. There is no set "what it is worth." Worth is defined by what a person who is willing to pay, so you can't technically overpay on something. When two people (who may or may not love each other) come together and make a transaction on a collectible, they are essentially defining its worth.

I don't follow the general consensus here that eBay is evil. However, expecting HIGHER than eBay prices on a forum is silly. Generally speaking, people should expect LOWER than eBay prices on a forum, for no other reason than the seller isn't losing 12-16% off the top of the sale to start with. Additionally, eBay comes with lots of buyer protections, so the buyer on a forum is taking a risk, which also should factor into a price.  I linked to completed auctions/BINs for Cadash, and all of the (non-boxed) closings are in the range of $30-50. So, anyone could go to eBay and get your price, or better.

The whole "nothing sells on eBay" is total and utter horse poo-poo.  My eBay sales are doing just fine on items within expected FMV. As a (non-turbografx, so chill peeps!) seller, my sales are doing just fine. Prices on video games are rising. This doesn't happen if things don't sell. Markets in the real world don't work that way, so your "sky is falling"  mentality must mean you are expecting over FMV on eBay.

Hey, you.

glazball

« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2012, 06:05:39 AM »
  Vestcoat, what would we do without you??  No, seriously.

I'd like to throw in my 2 cents.  Seller does contradict himself everywhere (games for sale/not really for sell).  I picked up Addams Family for the price I'd been hoping to pay, but contacted SS again about some card games in this thread.  He said he'd get back to me about Cratermaze, but never did.  I wrote him about 2 days later asking if it's still available, and he didn't reply.  That really irks me.  Have some courtesy.

The game I did buy was packaged poorly, basically wrapped in thick paper, but arrived safely.  So thanks, but boo for ignoring my PM.

(And about Cadash, I've seen it sell on eBay a few times for more than $50 (anywhere from 30 to 75 complete).  Not trying to draw out a price debate, but it's true.)
glazball's game collection and wantlist

vestcoat

« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2012, 07:28:09 AM »
The whole "nothing sells on eBay" is total and utter horse poo-poo.  
+1. I've been wondering HTF his claim could contain even a grain of truth. Maybe the worst of the hyper inflation is over? We had a couple years where MC went from $200 to $400 to $1000; BS went from $70 to $150 to $300, Bonk NES went from $50 to $200. Maybe Saturn's just the late-coming runt of the ebay gougers: no one tipped him about the TG16 boom and he couldn't afford to speculate on the expensive games. Now he's butthurt because he hasn't been able to double his money on Cadash for the last six months. This would explain his "collection" of unboxed commons and why he's moving to even lower hanging fruit like the Master System.

Saturn - congratulations! You're the first to ever get me and our resident gouger sympathizer to agree on something. Could you please post links to these seller forums where the ebay elite are supposedly lining up for the soup kitchen?

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2012, 07:49:47 AM »
Could you please post links to these seller forums where the ebay elite are supposedly lining up for the soup kitchen?

Abracadabra

vestcoat

« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2012, 09:26:03 AM »
Post of the day! I've been laughing for five minutes.

bartre

« Reply #82 on: December 03, 2012, 09:55:59 AM »
  The game I did buy was packaged poorly, basically wrapped in thick paper, but arrived safely.  So thanks, but boo for ignoring my PM.

yeah, same here, kinda irked about that.

turboswimbz

« Reply #83 on: December 03, 2012, 10:13:53 AM »
and . . . right click and save image.    ebay soup lines . . .  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

fsa

« Reply #84 on: December 03, 2012, 11:36:13 AM »
Man, I never got a chance at this deal segasaturn counter offer me when I was only interested in Ballistix. "Do you just want Ballistix for $7 or do you want Air Zonk + Ballistix for $25? A first class parcel would be $5 to ship." both games was crossed off, which I thought he assumed I would take the offer but he was working out deals with everyone else at the same time. Oh well I just have to be patient like our other community members.

My 2 cents.

PS. That soup line pic is too funny. Nice
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 11:38:18 AM by fsa »
Looking for TG16 games I don't have already.

roflmao

« Reply #85 on: December 03, 2012, 12:54:55 PM »
Could you please post links to these seller forums where the ebay elite are supposedly lining up for the soup kitchen?

Abracadabra

:lol:

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #86 on: December 03, 2012, 02:14:16 PM »
The first Turbo CD game I ever bought was Ys I+II, and I paid 19.99 + shipping. 

35$ is a terrible price.

Also, does the eBay soup kitchen serve Bean with Bullshit soup?
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Keith Courage

« Reply #87 on: December 03, 2012, 03:07:54 PM »
$35 seems to be the going rate for Ys1&2 in good condition. Some of the other prices seem high though.

Jibbajaba

« Reply #88 on: December 03, 2012, 03:25:51 PM »
Awww... Frugal Fifty got all his buddies to post about all the deals they got. :-) Heartwarming, especially during this holiday time of the year. :-)
Hey SS, go f*ck yourself.

Seconded.

And I am not Fiddy's "buddy".  I hate his Canadian guts.  But you're an a$$hole.  Sorry you have to make ends meet by overcharging for some video games.  Hopefully things pick up for you.

Chris

SegaSaturn51195

« Reply #89 on: December 03, 2012, 04:00:34 PM »

yeah, same here, kinda irked about that.

You were upset it the way it was packaged but it arrived perfectly? Now you're just nitpicking.
Pay my prices, or else!