Author Topic: Answer My Email FROZEN TEAM  (Read 355 times)

Retrocool

Answer My Email FROZEN TEAM
« on: December 03, 2012, 05:04:29 AM »
I ordered Mysterious Song and never received it.  I e-mailed them about 2 times and still no answer.  I still have my confirmation e-mail about purchasing the game.  At first I figured I didn't receive it because of how long it took them to make it. So I patiently waited, then i read that everyone on here has received there games.  I'm upset that I just wasted my money that I could have used somewhere else.  The fact that I e-mailed them once a couple of weeks ago and before then in June....I tried to be patient, which now worn thin....

Should I try again and give them the benefit of the doubt or ..... ???  I mean, they already have my money from way back.. it is not like I can get back?  Ugh, what should I do...?

It is what it is and it will be what it will be!

Looking for some games, but I will prolly never find.  Sapphire, Magical Chase (US)

sunteam_paul

Re: Answer My Email FROZEN TEAM
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 05:10:31 AM »
Post here: http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=12867.345

Not everyone has received theirs yet.
The PC Engine Software Bible
Quote from: Tatsujin
I just felt in a hole!

Bernie

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 05:11:55 AM »
I don't think everyone has received their game yet, as they were still processing the pre-orders.  I am sure someone will let you know something soon.  Keep in mind that most of the orders have been handled by a select couple people, and I am sure its a lot to keep track of. 

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 05:17:44 AM »
Pre-orders,etc, should have been taken care of before the listing on ebay for sale, but meh, whatever. I'm sure Keranu will sort it out for you.

Black Tiger

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 05:39:47 AM »
I don't know where that e-mail address leads or if it is still current, but there are threads with updates about how orders have been filled in several retro game forums and all questions posted on the Frozen Utopua forum were answered. There have been threads with regular updates in this forum for the past year or so. If you preordered early enough to recieve the preorder bonus, then your order would not ship until the bonus materials were completed... unless you requested otherwise through one of the methods discussed in those threads. I guess that the email address you contacted is not a good way to get a hold of anyone. You can find out everything you'd like to know in the current Mysterious Song thread in the homebrew section.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 06:49:06 AM »
I don't know where that e-mail address leads or if it is still current, but there are threads with updates about how orders have been filled in several retro game forums and all questions posted on the Frozen Utopua forum were answered. There have been threads with regular updates in this forum for the past year or so. If you preordered early enough to recieve the preorder bonus, then your order would not ship until the bonus materials were completed... unless you requested otherwise through one of the methods discussed in those threads. I guess that the email address you contacted is not a good way to get a hold of anyone. You can find out everything you'd like to know in the current Mysterious Song thread in the homebrew section.

To be fair, you shouldn't have to go anywhere except the site for the game in question to get up to date information about the game.

and, an e-mail to every pre-orderer would have probably been a good idea. Not every PCE fan really scours these forums for information related to a game they paid for on a completely different site.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 09:19:09 AM »

To be fair, you shouldn't have to go anywhere except the site for the game in question to get up to date information about the game.

and, an e-mail to every pre-orderer would have probably been a good idea. Not every PCE fan really scours these forums for information related to a game they paid for on a completely different site.

Indeed, I agree.  I know we can't make everyone happy as crap happens, but the more that can be done to keep the consumers in the loop, the better.

esteban

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 02:08:42 PM »
Pre-orders,etc, should have been taken care of before the listing on ebay for sale, but meh, whatever. I'm sure Keranu will sort it out for you.

YUP. 100% agree on that.
  |    | 

Retrocool

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 06:23:42 PM »
Thank you everyone for letting me know.  I do appreciate all the answers.....I will wait....
It is what it is and it will be what it will be!

Looking for some games, but I will prolly never find.  Sapphire, Magical Chase (US)

nodtveidt

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 06:30:13 PM »
and, an e-mail to every pre-orderer would have probably been a good idea.
I did email every pre-orderer.

That was the original plan, but someone blew our cover so we had no choice but to do it out-of-order.

All orders are being processed by me now, and everyone will get their order. New mailers are arriving tomorrow, and our next drop will be on Saturday morning. Retrocool, PM me your details and I'll ensure that your order goes out then, if it hasn't already.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012, 05:39:33 AM »
I did email every pre-orderer.

What e-mail did you use to message people, Retrocool?

I'd make sure all e-mail addresses line up in the future, to be safe...

Black Tiger

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 05:48:54 AM »

I completely agree. I was just putting some of the info out there and pointing out that no one is hiding or pulling any kind if scam. Not only is it not true that everyone else already has a copy, some of the people who worked on the game have yet to receive it. The plan was to have everything ready, send out all the preorders and then do regular sales. Unfortunately, someone wanted to brag after they were done a favor and everything was thrown out of wack. But updates have been communicated as they have been happening and have been completely honest about exactly what the situation is. Instead of simply posting updates of "delays". This whole process been more of a community experience than one sided. No backstage passes have been sold to pretend like you're part of the dev team, but everyone has shared in that level of involvement.

sirhcman

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2012, 05:57:35 AM »

I completely agree. I was just putting some of the info out there and pointing out that no one is hiding or pulling any kind if scam. Not only is it not true that everyone else already has a copy, some of the people who worked on the game have yet to receive it. The plan was to have everything ready, send out all the preorders and then do regular sales. Unfortunately, someone wanted to brag after they were done a favor and everything was thrown out of wack. But updates have been communicated as they have been happening and have been completely honest about exactly what the situation is. Instead of simply posting updates of "delays". This whole process been more of a community experience than one sided. No backstage passes have been sold to pretend like you're part of the dev team, but everyone has shared in that level of involvement.

I was a pre-order who didn't wait for my bonus materials any longer. Once I stated that I wanted the game shipped it was. I proposed to the development team for my bonus materials to possibly be donated as a raffle here. If that comes to fruition great, if not no biggie.

Bottom line my questions were answered quickly and my shipment was sent as soon as I got too impatient to wait for the bonus materials

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2012, 10:53:23 AM »
This whole process been more of a community experience than one sided. No backstage passes have been sold to pretend like you're part of the dev team, but everyone has shared in that level of involvement.

The problem with this statement is that not everyone is active in the community.  You can't assume EVERYONE gets their information here.  Not everyone who's registered and posting even checks this forum constantly. 

Though, I see FrozenUtopia got an overhaul with forward facing news posts, so that will help in future.

Black Tiger

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2012, 12:30:04 PM »
This whole process been more of a community experience than one sided. No backstage passes have been sold to pretend like you're part of the dev team, but everyone has shared in that level of involvement.

The problem with this statement is that not everyone is active in the community.  You can't assume EVERYONE gets their information here.  Not everyone who's registered and posting even checks this forum constantly. 

Though, I see FrozenUtopia got an overhaul with forward facing news posts, so that will help in future.

This is what I was agreeing with. Info should have been easily accessible and centralized at the Frozen Utopia site, since that's where most people check first. But the info that was put out at several places regularly was very honest and detailed and questions were responded to.