Author Topic: Is there any U.S exculsive Turbo games?  (Read 594 times)

MrFlutterPie

Is there any U.S exculsive Turbo games?
« on: December 07, 2012, 07:32:28 AM »
I thought I herd that there were a few games released in North America that never saw a release on the PCE.  Is this true and if so what are the U.S exclusive games?

sirhcman

Re: Is there any U.S exculsive Turbo games?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 07:37:55 AM »
I thought I herd that there were a few games released in North America that never saw a release on the PCE.  Is this true and if so what are the U.S exclusive games?

Falcon, Gunboat, Darkwing Duck, Tale Spin to name a few.. From what I remember all the "US Exclusives" totally sucked!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 07:49:51 AM »
From what I remember all the "US Exclusives" totally sucked!

No way, man!  Yo Bro and The Addams Family (to a lesser extent) are pretty bad, but Bonk 3 CD, Beyond Shadowgate, Order of the Griffon, Camp California, John Madden Duo CD Football, and It Came From the Desert are all pretty solid.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

sirhcman

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 07:53:57 AM »
From what I remember all the "US Exclusives" totally sucked!

No way, man!  Yo Bro and The Addams Family (to a lesser extent) are pretty bad, but Bonk 3 CD, Beyond Shadowgate, Order of the Griffon, Camp California, John Madden Duo CD Football, and It Came From the Desert are all pretty solid.

I'm not a fan of Order of the Griffon but I'll give you that one. I was only really thinking in terms of hu games when I originally posted.. are there any other hu games we are missing??

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 08:06:58 AM »
... are there any other hu games we are missing??

There are four other clunkers: Yo Bro, Turrican, Ghost Manor, and Night Creatures.  The first two are utter shit, but the latter two aren't complete losses, though they're like Deep Blue in that you'll either really dig 'em or hate 'em.

As for CD titles, there's also the three girly 'games', which are the best (only) collections of oddly-censored-pixlated-boobies-with-random-lizards-and-birds you'll find on the PCE/TG.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

galam

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 09:23:11 AM »

Falcon, Gunboat, Darkwing Duck, Tale Spin to name a few.. From what I remember all the "US Exclusives" totally sucked!

LOL Darkwing Duck

sirhcman

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 09:39:42 AM »

LOL Darkwing Duck

It's a shame because the NES Capcom version kicks ass!

MrFlutterPie

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 11:33:57 AM »
I actually kinda like the Adams family  [-X

nodtveidt

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 11:39:51 AM »
Me too... it's clunky and difficult at times due to sloppy coding and design but it's totally finishable and damn interesting the whole way through.

You could technically consider Mysterious Song to be a North America-only game, as there's no Japanese translation of it.

esteban

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2012, 11:52:41 AM »

Me too... it's clunky and difficult at times due to sloppy coding and design but it's totally finishable and damn interesting the whole way through.

If you haven't done so already, this "behind the scenes" feature for Addams Family is actually pretty good!

TurboPlay "Making of Addams Family" behind the scenes at ICOM Simulations

|    | 

Black Tiger

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012, 12:15:52 PM »
There's also Impossamole.

Andre Panza Kick Boxing is exclusive to Turbochip. Japan got an unlicensed variant on CD called The Kickboxing.

Order of the Griffon is the only must-have exclusive HuCard worth getting a TG-16 or region mod for.

Here is what I believe is a complete list:

4-in-1 SCD (GoT, Bonk's Adventure, Bonk's Revenge, Bomberman)
Addams Family
Andre Panza Kick Boxing
Ballistix
Battle Royale
Beyond Shadowgate
Bonk 3 Bonk's Big Adventure CD
Camp California
Champions Forever Boxing
Darkwing Duck
Falcon
Ghost Manor
Gunboat
Hawiian Island Girls*
Impossamole
It Came From The Desert
John Madden Duo CD Football
Local Girls Of Hawaii (The)*
Night Creatures
Order Of The Griffon
Talespin
Turrican
Yo' Bro

*not games
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

MrFlutterPie

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 01:13:14 PM »
Well that list is uhhh a bit underwhelming....

Why can't we have nice things? :(

SignOfZeta

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2012, 01:19:29 PM »
It's a pretty horrible list. Not everything in it is garbage, but you can certainly live a happy TG-16 existence without ever having played a single one of them. Probably a happier one.

Unofficial games don't have regions, btw, so I don't get putting MS or Girls of Hawaii on that list. They are as equally American as they are Dutch. Anyone who wants a copy of MS will be mailed one directly from the publisher...that would be the exact opposite of how the entire concept of "region" works.

Black Tiger

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2012, 01:46:44 PM »
Well that list is uhhh a bit underwhelming....

Why can't we have nice things? :(

You mean why can't others not have nice things? Exclusives only means that Japan didn't get them. There are games developed outside of Japan for North America that were also released in Japan. If it makes you feel any better, the only true U.S. exclusives are Working Designs games, Sidearms and maybe Sinistron/Tricky Kick, since Canada didn't get them.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

MrFlutterPie

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2012, 02:11:10 PM »
I hear a lot about this "bikini/Hawaii girls games"  Is this a long running joke or does such a thing exist.  I hear it mentioned so much that I am starting to wonder lol :lol: