Author Topic: Is there any U.S exculsive Turbo games?  (Read 589 times)

nodtveidt

Re: Is there any U.S exculsive Turbo games?
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2012, 02:30:51 PM »
I hear a lot about this "bikini/Hawaii girls games"  Is this a long running joke or does such a thing exist.  I hear it mentioned so much that I am starting to wonder lol :lol:
They do actually exist but they are not actually games... just discs with low-res pics that sold for ridiculous prices back in the day.

Sadler

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2012, 03:37:32 PM »
Well that list is uhhh a bit underwhelming....

Why can't we have nice things? :(

Like Necro said, there's some genuinely good stuff in that list.

I believe Shape Shifter is US only as well and that's a fine game (if difficult).

EDIT: I don't think the Disney games deserve the hate they get. The Capcom Disney NES games are f*cking amazing, but there's plenty of good to be had with the turbo games.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 03:39:59 PM by Sadler »

sirhcman

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2012, 04:03:38 PM »

EDIT: I don't think the Disney games deserve the hate they get. The Capcom Disney NES games are f*cking amazing, but there's plenty of good to be had with the turbo games.

I dont mind Tale Spin but I think Darkwing Duck is almost unplayable!

esteban

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2012, 04:34:37 PM »

I dont mind Tale Spin but I think Darkwing Duck is almost unplayable!

I only spent a short time with it, but I recall XTREME FRSTRATION immediately with Darkwing Duck. As in, the very first board or two...

It's been at least 5-6 years and I haven't rushed back to that "game"...

|    | 

TheClash603

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2012, 06:26:39 PM »
The Disney games on the TG16 are awful.  It is fair to compare them to the NES games, because the TG16 should've gotten something of that quality and not the shit they received.  Tailspin is buggy as shit.

Yo Bro on the other hand is awesome.

ccovell

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2012, 10:10:41 PM »
I believe Shape Shifter is US only as well and that's a fine game (if difficult).

Nope, Shape Shifter came out in Japan.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2012, 10:16:37 PM »
The only Disney TG-16 game I've played is Darkwing Duck. I bought it new BitD and sold it here a few years ago. I played it a lot more than it deserved. The graphics are nice, but the collision is hideous and the levels are long and boring. Keith Courage kicks its ass all over the place.

Sadler

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2012, 03:05:17 AM »

Nope, Shape Shifter came out in Japan.

Fair enough. I suppose taking 3 seconds to go to the PC Engine Bible site would have told me that. For some reason I was under the impression it was US developed and no US developed titles were released in Japan. I'm probably wrong on both of those though. :)

As for the Disney games, don't get me wrong, they aren't great games. I just wouldn't say they are some of (or the very) worst games on the system. I find them somewhat charming and I have to admit I was a big fan of both shows growing up. I'd rather play either than Falcon, Ballistix, any of the TV Sports games, Gunboat, Andre Panza Kickboxing, Battle Royale, Timeball, Power Golf and probably half a dozen other games I can't think of right now.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 03:08:02 AM by Sadler »

SignOfZeta

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2012, 06:48:33 AM »
I'm sure there is at least one game developed in the US that never even got a US release and ended up JP only. I can't remember what it was though. Klax? Night Rider? Something...

Bernie

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2012, 06:54:37 AM »
Well klax got a US release...unfortunately..  So it may have been Knight Rider.

esteban

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2012, 07:17:41 AM »
I'd rather play either than Falcon, Ballistix, any of the TV Sports games, Gunboat, Andre Panza Kickboxing, Battle Royale, Timeball, Power Golf and probably half a dozen other games I can't think of right now.

I hear you, and don't disagree, EXCEPT for Timeball! Timeball is a great game, Sadler

|    | 

Sadler

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2012, 07:34:39 AM »
:lol: Alright, alright. How about we substitute Jack Nicholas Turbo Golf for Timeball? :D

MrFlutterPie

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2012, 07:38:38 AM »
I think Tailspin for the Turbo is "ok" but Addams Family kicks it's ass three ways to Sunday.

sonikthehedgehog

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2012, 03:04:02 PM »
Wow those lists are pretty rough. U.S. really got the shaft on those.